Can anyone recommend a good inexpensive Air Fryer?

texiecarr
texiecarr Posts: 1 Member
New here, have been thinking about getting an Air Fryer, can you tell me what your using and what you recommend? Also any good diet-wise websites out there for air fryer recipes?

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I have not understood the advantages of an air fryer yet. Watched my friend - still using oil. What can it do which can not be done on a fire / in the oven with top heat / bottom heat / in a non - stick frying pan / in a griller?
  • Jaquan1839
    Jaquan1839 Posts: 2 Member
    I think the idea is just to use a lot less oil which is technically healthier.
  • Elfy_66
    Elfy_66 Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2019
    They also heat up super quick, are more economical than the oven. Anything you can cook in an oven you can cook in the air fryer. I use mine a lot.
    The one I have was about £40 from Amazon.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    I love my air fryer. The very aggressive fan does a better job of melting subcutaneous fat from chicken, duck and fish skin than a regular convection oven. Because it is better insulated and more energy efficient I never use the oven anymore unless I need to fit in a large roast. Mine was an expensive Phillips model though
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I bought mine from walmart for less than $100.00- it is a power XL air fryer- I LOVE mine- chicken wings sausage, crispy fries etc- so much yumminess
  • llr927
    llr927 Posts: 1 Member
    We have this one from Walmart. We didn't want to spend alot of $$ until we knew how they worked and if we would even use it :). Use it for chicken wings - YUMMO. You can cook frozen chicken breasts in about 25 mins. Uses a lot less oil than deep frying foods. Kalorik Digital Airfryer with Dual Layer Rack
  • judypetutti
    judypetutti Posts: 4 Member
    I purchased a used Tefal factory on EBay as I didn't want to splash out $120 on something I wasn't sure I would use but it's been 2 years now and I use it weekly. Makes good fries with just a spray of oil. I mainly use it for potato or sweet potato fries, but you can use it for other things. I like it because it has a paddle inside that moves the food around gently
  • judypetutti
    judypetutti Posts: 4 Member
    That was Tefal Actifry. Auto correct is a pain:)
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    I would check out Facebook Marketplace if you're on FB....we got one on there for $10 that was still in it's original packaging. Person got it as a gift and never used it. I've had a lot of success getting new or almost-new products for really cheap that way.
  • iac1003
    iac1003 Posts: 3 Member
    I bought the Gourmia from Costco for about $50. I use no oil at all.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    iac1003 wrote: »
    I bought the Gourmia from Costco for about $50. I use no oil at all.

I started with that one too... does a decent job. I've since upgraded to the Ninja Foodi which does an amazing job at almost everything. Worth the $$$
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    I just wanted to add, there aren't really "air fryer recipes," anything you can make in the oven you can make in the air fryer - as long as it fits.
  • AZCattitude
    AZCattitude Posts: 6 Member
    You can find lots of air fryer recipes on YouTube. It helps me to see how to make the recipe. We have a Ninja Foodi and love it, but I read good reviews on many others. Google it :p