What are the reasons behind your desire to lose weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Mine boiled down to 2:

1. To stop having panic attacks that my weight would kill me with a heart attack
    2. To be able to wear much nicer clothes. Because I am that vain ;)
  • Quelana
    Quelana Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Quelana wrote: »
    4. I would definitely. Either, stand up for myself or just not be involved with them, at all. I stood up to my abusive Grandma who criticize my weight since I was eight years old. (Like, I would come home to my Mom with a suitcase full of slim-shakes.) She didn't like that I stood up for myself and she blocked me. Then told family, "I love her unconditionally, I don't know why she is ignoring me." Just because, they're family. Doesn't mean you have to let them treat you like that. Even if its gonna be by marriage. Stay strong, it'll be hard but, worth the less stress. Believe me, its made my process, way smoother. <3

Thank you for your kind words! I do stand up for myself, but it's gonna be so much easier when I'm comfortable with my body. We try to limit our contact as much as possible, but sometimes it's unfortunately inevitable. Imagine your typical Chinese in-laws, but twice as bad. Especially since I'm not Chinese... Partner is of course on my side and already cut all contact with them once when they tried to make him choose. Now they "tolerate" me in order to not lose their son. Total crazypants!
  • KTaurusW0516
    KTaurusW0516 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    1) I had reached 170 kg - 375 pounds
    2) I could barely walk
    3) I finally wanted to do something for myself.

300 pounds. We could motivate each other? Small criticize, lots of positive reinforcement, and share stories of our day.
  • KTaurusW0516
    KTaurusW0516 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Health
    Confidence
    Style (I wanna wear cute clothes, not just what I can find that'll fit and not look too bad!)
    Being a disciplined person
    Being able to do more physically
    I wanna be hot!

OK, this was way more motivating to type out than I expected! Imma screenshot this and post it somewhere!

YAS! I love doing this. I'm starting to keep a log of my goals. To look back after a few months and smile. Just see the difference as I go through my journey. <3