Now im up to 300lb

Options
13»

Replies

• fergusonjamillah
    fergusonjamillah Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    zaraizzy wrote: »
    Hello and good morning everyone! Been struggling with my weight for many years. Heaviest weight was 400 lbs and currently I'm at 297 lb been tuck at this weight for about a year due to physical and personal issues. I am determined and motivated to finally get the rest of this weight off. I figured it'd be easier to do this on mfp where I could have friends who have similar situations like me. Trying to do it all by myself is not working anymore so I decided to get on a mfp and make some friends who have similar situations as me were we can support and encourage one another and would like very much to join this group.

Yea when you know and communicate with others that are having or had similar struggles and experiences its easier to move forward and know that your not alone.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    You can do it. Don’t think about how far you have to go. Take it one day, one meal at a time.

Thanks it worth the effort and i feel better than ever.
    I cant wait to start the gym soon.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    I feel like I'm always advocating keto on here. I don't mean to preach. I can only state my own experience. It's been like a miracle for me. At the end of last year, I was out of control. I couldn't stop. I've been a food addict since I was eleven years old (I'm now 49). I was up to 237.5 lb, my highest weight in 5 years. I'm also diabetic and my blood sugar was through the roof. I knew if I didn't do something, I was going to die. I started keto on January 1st. As of today I'm 212.5 lb and my blood sugar is normal for the first time in years. I feel great and I'm even sleeping better. The best thing to me is that it killed my carb cravings. I was addicted to sweets and fast food, and after a few days on keto, I didn't want them at all. I still don't. Those foods (and many others, from cereal bars to "lite" foods to Lean Cuisines) contain tons of sugar and do nothing but make you constantly crave more. Someone your size should be able to drop at least 50 lb in a month. I don't have cravings and I'm rarely hungry, and I really think it's an option you may want to check out. Get your doctor's permission first, and check out some of the videos on youtube (I recommend Dr. Ken D. Berry, M.D.) if you decide to go for it. And most importantly, as some others have said, don't give up. "Fall down seven times, stand up eight."

Thanks i heard alot about the keto diet good and bad and honestly i think any diet is ok for short terms alone because your body need nutrients and then your going to have to take suppliments just to make up for it.
    Plus losing 50lb in a month is not healthy at all. I would love to lose weight fast but if i try it i will do search from all professional sources only because everyone body is different.
    Ill definitely look into this week and get a list together of pros and cons.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm always advocating keto on here. I don't mean to preach. I can only state my own experience. It's been like a miracle for me. At the end of last year, I was out of control. I couldn't stop. I've been a food addict since I was eleven years old (I'm now 49). I was up to 237.5 lb, my highest weight in 5 years. I'm also diabetic and my blood sugar was through the roof. I knew if I didn't do something, I was going to die. I started keto on January 1st. As of today I'm 212.5 lb and my blood sugar is normal for the first time in years. I feel great and I'm even sleeping better. The best thing to me is that it killed my carb cravings. I was addicted to sweets and fast food, and after a few days on keto, I didn't want them at all. I still don't. Those foods (and many others, from cereal bars to "lite" foods to Lean Cuisines) contain tons of sugar and do nothing but make you constantly crave more. Someone your size should be able to drop at least 50 lb in a month. I don't have cravings and I'm rarely hungry, and I really think it's an option you may want to check out. Get your doctor's permission first, and check out some of the videos on youtube (I recommend Dr. Ken D. Berry, M.D.) if you decide to go for it. And most importantly, as some others have said, don't give up. "Fall down seven times, stand up eight."

Thanks i heard alot about the keto diet good and bad and honestly i think any diet is ok for short terms alone because your body need nutrients and then your going to have to take suppliments just to make up for it.
    Plus losing 50lb in a month is not healthy at all. I would love to lose weight fast but if i try it i will do search from all professional sources only because everyone body is different.

It's so important to find a way of eating that works for you personally! While some people do well on keto because they find fat filling and carbs Rev their appetite, some of us are the exact opposite. I find carbs like pasta, potatoes, rice, and oats really filling and can easily overeat fats like chicken thighs, cheese, cream, and butter.

Finding a way of eating that keeps you satiated and energetic at the right calorie level is IMHO the key. Once you've got it, eating right just becomes an easy habit and keeping the weight off is no biggie.

Accurate and consistent logging while noting how you feel throughout the day can really help you see the patterns - what foods fill you up, which are a waste of calories.

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum and Good Luck!
  • SuzOh
    SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    SuzOh wrote: »
    I keep falling off track and losing my progress. I want to lose weight so bad and its my biggest obstacle that i cant seem to overcome to complete. It would be good to have some friends and a good support system. I know im not gonna give up and im here for anyone else who also needs support. Feel free to add me.

Hi, I can relate. This last year life has been very difficult in just about every way, especially the last 6 months. I just weighed myself for the first time since September. It was bad, but not as bad as I expected. I've gained about 8 lbs since then (currently 210 lbs), but thought the gain would be more like 15 - 20 lbs because my exercise has decreased so much. I want to lose 50 lbs over the next 10 months.
    I've done it before and maintained for several years, so I know I can do it.

So today I restart once again. It seems like a never ending battle, but we are worth the effort.

Yea it's always the same for me every summer i stay in my room because i dont wanna sweat or go outside or i cant do what others do because i overheat quickly. But oh no not this year ima burn up in the sun lol and go on walks and carry a rag. I am breaking this cycle.

You're words are motivation for me too! Let's do it!
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

It's so important to find a way of eating that works for you personally! While some people do well on keto because they find fat filling and carbs Rev their appetite, some of us are the exact opposite. I find carbs like pasta, potatoes, rice, and oats really filling and can easily overeat fats like chicken thighs, cheese, cream, and butter.

Finding a way of eating that keeps you satiated and energetic at the right calorie level is IMHO the key. Once you've got it, eating right just becomes an easy habit and keeping the weight off is no biggie.

Accurate and consistent logging while noting how you feel throughout the day can really help you see the patterns - what foods fill you up, which are a waste of calories.

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum and Good Luck!

Thanks i have noticed that everyone is different in what works for them.
    I want to try keto though for about two weeks and see but im doing my research on it first.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    I keep falling off track and losing my progress. I want to lose weight so bad and its my biggest obstacle that i cant seem to overcome to complete. It would be good to have some friends and a good support system. I know im not gonna give up and im here for anyone else who also needs support. Feel free to add me.

Hi, I can relate. This last year life has been very difficult in just about every way, especially the last 6 months. I just weighed myself for the first time since September. It was bad, but not as bad as I expected. I've gained about 8 lbs since then (currently 210 lbs), but thought the gain would be more like 15 - 20 lbs because my exercise has decreased so much. I want to lose 50 lbs over the next 10 months.
    I've done it before and maintained for several years, so I know I can do it.

So today I restart once again. It seems like a never ending battle, but we are worth the effort.

Yea it's always the same for me every summer i stay in my room because i dont wanna sweat or go outside or i cant do what others do because i overheat quickly. But oh no not this year ima burn up in the sun lol and go on walks and carry a rag. I am breaking this cycle.

You're words are motivation for me too! Let's do it!

yes this is the year to break all bad habits.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hi! I sent you a request because I'm looking for support, and happy to provide encouragement.
    I went from 208 to 137, messed around with other plans, went through some life difficulties, and back at 150. I feel it and don't like it.

I'd say that not quitting and consistency in your habits are important. Keep logging the good, bad, and ugly. Any activity counts.

You can do this!

Anyone can add me. 😊
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    Hi! I sent you a request because I'm looking for support, and happy to provide encouragement.
    I went from 208 to 137, messed around with other plans, went through some life difficulties, and back at 150. I feel it and don't like it.

I'd say that not quitting and consistency in your habits are important. Keep logging the good, bad, and ugly. Any activity counts.

You can do this!

Anyone can add me. 😊

Thanks I log even when my calories go over. And today i didnt hit my goal but im still going to give it my all.
  • nynjcitygirlelaine
    nynjcitygirlelaine Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The comments on here are wonderful! I'm not the author but you are all inspiring me too! Thanks.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    The comments on here are wonderful! I'm not the author but you are all inspiring me too! Thanks.

Hows your progress so far
  • nynjcitygirlelaine
    nynjcitygirlelaine Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have increased my exercise and the weightloss is slower. Was disappointed that only lost 8.2 pounds in a month. BUT, I can feel the difference in my clothing, so I'm holding onto that. In addition, my energy level is gradually increasing. What I am finding is that if I exercise later in the day (after 3) it takes me a long time to fall asleep. I have just ordered Melatonin to see if that will help as sleep is very important for ongoing weightloss.
    Thank you for asking.
    Elaine