tezzmakk
tezzmakk Posts: 58 Member
Im on the keto diet and losing weight.
Is there something wrong with me?

Replies

• wilbeful
    wilbeful Posts: 20 Member

Is the word "not" missing?

If you don't want to lose weight, eat more.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited February 2019
    People can lose, maintain or gain weight on KETO.

if you are eating at a calorie deficit you should lose weight unless there is a medical issue not being addressed.

it doesn't matter how you eat (way of eating -WOE) in this case KETO, if eating fewer calories than your body uses consistantly over time you will lose weight.
  • tezzmakk
    wilbeful wrote: »

Is the word "not" missing?

If you don't want to lose weight, eat more.
    Panini911 wrote: »
    People can lose, maintain or gain weight on KETO.

if you are eating at a calorie deficit you should lose weight unless there is a medical issue not being addressed.

it doesn't matter how you eat (way of eating -WOE) in this case KETO, if eating fewer calories than your body uses consistantly over time you will lose weight.

Is what wird not missing?
  • Panini911
    edited February 2019
    Why are you asking if there is something "wrong" with losing weight doing KETO?

Do you log your calories and eat the recommended amount to lose weight?
    how much have you lost?
    in how much time?
    how much do you plan to lose total?
  • tezzmakk
    Panini911 wrote: »
    Why are you asking if there is something "wrong" with losing weight doing KETO?

Do you log your calories and eat the recommended amount to lose weight?
    how much have you lost?
    in how much time?
    how much do you plan to lose total?

I lost 6lbs in five days i think that is a lot
  • Panini911
    edited February 2019
    It is, but it could be part of natural water fluctuations.

It is VERY hard to give any meaningful feedback without more information. are you weighting food and logging? how many calories are you eating daily and how does that compare to what MFP recommends?

what rate of loss did you select in MFP and how much do you have to lose total? how tall are you?
  • tezzmakk
    Im not that much over weight i wanted to lose a stone. I do have a physical job so im highly active and i IF as well i just didnt expect to lose 50% of my target in fuve days...im not complaining like
  • Panini911
    edited February 2019
    Did you weigh yourself at the same time of day with similar weight clothing (or none whatever your prefer)?

With only 14lbs (I think that's a stone) you should be aiming for 0.5lbs/week max. So yes you are losing too fast but it could be water weight fluctuations.

Ensure you are hydrating properly and eating enough. If this continues take serious action to slow the rate of loss.

100% ensure to eat enough daily. losing too fast can be harmful for your body.
  • tezzmakk
    tezzmakk wrote: »
    Im not that much over weight i wanted to lose a stone. I do have a physical job so im highly active and i IF as well i just didnt expect to lose 50% of my target in fuve days...im not complaining like

its water weight, not actual fat.

I know that i just find it crazy you can lose weight at that speed eating all the foods youve been told to avoid
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

I know that i just find it crazy you can lose weight at that speed eating all the foods youve been told to avoid

just means you've been listening to the wrong people in the first place if that's what you've been told! :laugh:
  • tezzmakk

just means you've been listening to the wrong people in the first place if that's what you've been told! :laugh:

Yep
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member

That's because it's WATER WEIGHT, not fat. Water weight fluctuations are irrelevant to losing weight from dropping body fat.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member

That's because it's WATER WEIGHT, not fat. Water weight fluctuations are irrelevant to losing weight from dropping body fat.

This. As soon as you reintroduce carbs again you'll gain it right back. Most people want to lose fat.
  • tezzmakk
    Water weight is irrelevant to losing weight? Your body is two thirds water
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Water is good, your body likes it. It is not good to be dehydrated.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited February 2019
    Water weight is irrelevant to losing weight? Your body is two thirds water

In terms of long term weight loss I'm much more concerned about fat losses, and how that affects my health markers.
  • tezzmakk
    Water is good, your body likes it. It is not good to be dehydrated.
    Its also wet
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Im on the keto diet and losing weight.
    Is there something wrong with me?

The same thing happened to me when I cut my daily carbs down to about 50 back in Oct 2014. After I lost about 50 pounds the first year the weight loss stopped and I have not regained it still eating at 3000+ calories daily.

In my case I was going for arthritis pain management to avoid starting on risky Enbrel injections. I have had Ankylosing Spondylitis 40 years and Keto is helping me recover my lost health for over 4 years now without the need for Rx meds.

Best of success.