Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Are you trying to lose fat?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited February 2019
    tezzmakk wrote: »
    Are you? Thats nice. But every cell in your body is two thirds water so every time you burn a fat cell you burn two times the water so in terms of long term weight loss its quite important. Stop trying to be clever

Not really, water weight fluctuations are easy. And no, that's not how fat loss works.

But if you are super excited about dropping some water weight, that's cool. Makes one wonder why you claimed to be concerned/shocked by it, however.
  • tezzmakk
    tezzmakk Posts: 58 Member
    I am, but if i burnt all the fat i was trying to lose and retained the water you wouldnt see much diference. If i put a stone in weight on it isnt a stone of fat its about four pounds so to lose that stone youd have to burn four or five pounds of fat n the rest water
  • L1zardQueen
    That is not how it works though.
  • tezzmakk
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Are you? Thats nice. But every cell in your body is two thirds water so every time you burn a fat cell you burn two times the water so in terms of long term weight loss its quite important. Stop trying to be clever

Not really, water weight fluctuations are easy. And no, that's not how fat loss works.

But if you are super excited about dropping some water weight, that's cool. Makes one wonder why you claimed to be concerned/shocked by it, however.

Show me where i mentioned fat loss please
  • tezzmakk
    That is not how it works though.

If my natural weight is 11 stone and i go up to 12 im 12 stone in weight if i burn that off (majority water) and get bk to 11 stone how doesnt that count. Im not talking about fat im tzlking about weight
  • lemurcat2
    Why did you ask if something was wrong with you? Water weight fluctuations are common and easy to manipulate.
  • L1zardQueen
    edited February 2019
    If weight is what you care about, then you are on the right track.

ETA: missed a word
  • lemurcat2
    Most people want to lose fat, but whatever floats your boat (water would do that).
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Show me where i mentioned fat loss please

Well presumably, since you haven't mentioned taking hacking limbs off into consideration, you aren't interested in a change in body weight simpliciter, since that would be faster, and potentially more permanent.
    Are you just interested in losing weight, period, like someone looking to make a cut for a sport or something? Or is the weight loss motivated by something like health outcomes, or achieving an ascetic? It seems losing fat is generally what you want with both of those.
  • tezzmakk

Fallacy of division - what is true for the whole (your body) is not necessarily true for individual parts (cells). Muscle cells contain more water than average. Fat cells contain a lot less water than average - their percent water will depend, in fact, on if you've been losing weight, particularly in a way the reduces carbohydrate stores.
    The whole difference in the water content is what allows for the analysis of human body fat without people being dead - testing the density or water content of the body.

So if i eat lots of carbs that would make my body store lots ofwater causing me to put on weight if i continue to do that i will continue to put on weight. Dods that water weight count?