OMG it's TOM!!!!

Replies

• scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    tumblr_lxmjyiWix31qh6uqwo1_400.jpg

I'm from Dallas.
    BRB Gotta kill myself for not getting that one.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    tumblr_lr7hu5uH7z1qhnsnuo1_400.jpg
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    pt+barnum+&+gen+tom+thumb.jpg
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    I read the subject line and I thought...you were going to say....TOM from Myspace was on myfitnesspal baaaaahahahhahahaha!!

But to answer your question - you sound about exactly like me. It's like the whole week is a blur of crap and junk and junk and crap. Only thing I know to do is keep trucking along. Eventually, the regular me comes back and I do have to work a bit harder to make up for the 'amnesia week' i had lol - but have not found a way to combat it sadly. :(

I guess the idea is - never give up!
  • have you considered that it could be a yeast overload ... that will make you crave junk, sugary foods all the time ... or parasite which most of us have ... get checked just to rule out the 2 ... kinesiologist will diagnose either - cheers
  • LeeseySparkles
    LeeseySparkles Posts: 10 Member
    Walmart Equate Weight Loss Shakes are my go to. They're only about 180 calories.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    tomhiddleston.jpg
  • amymurray12282
    amymurray12282 Posts: 154 Member
    jonjhayden wrote: »
    gty_tom_brady_jef_120126_wg.jpg

The perfect picture for a period post! ;) (I don't like Tom Brady; I think he's a big crybaby.....)
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    TyTy76 wrote: »
    This is going to sound rude, and it probably is...

You're 29, is this the first time this had happen to you?
    Adjust your day/week as you go.

You're a grown adult, I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!

sorry to be rude too but this is what I thought.

It's kind of normal.... I didnt understand the over exaggeration in thread title which is why I decided to look in
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited August 2016
    I see this has gone off the tom rails, but just a thought: I used to be massively hungry the week before, then have no appetite the week OF. As long as I didn't force myself to eat when I wasn't hungry, it all evened out just fine.

PS: ETA this is also when quest bars are good. Lots of sweetness. Lots of chewing required.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    BRAAAAINS!
  • snickerscharlie
    It's just hard to keep a good TOM thread down. Even 3 years later! B)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited August 2016
    It's just hard to keep a good TOM thread down. Even 3 years later! B)

A good Tom is hard to find. But worth while I guess.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member

More or less this.

You've had decades of menstruating. You know your body. It's frustrating when it feels like you're trying to fight it (eat healthy, etc) but you don't need to feel helpless and confused. This is YOUR body, your friend, your companion, your cranky driver when you're bleeding. Don't react to it as if it's a foreign or unknown thing.

Adjust your eating. Give yourself a free day - or two - and drink more water. Don't weigh yourself during your period, water weight is real and it will happen. Relax. It's your body, it will be okay.

I disagree. Our bodies are constantly changing and hormones can impact us differently. I'm currently experiencing different things relating to TOM that I didn't experience before. Yes, OP this is hormonal cravings and eating. I usually give in also. It happens.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,505 Member
    leejoyce31 wrote: »

More or less this.

You've had decades of menstruating. You know your body. It's frustrating when it feels like you're trying to fight it (eat healthy, etc) but you don't need to feel helpless and confused. This is YOUR body, your friend, your companion, your cranky driver when you're bleeding. Don't react to it as if it's a foreign or unknown thing.

Adjust your eating. Give yourself a free day - or two - and drink more water. Don't weigh yourself during your period, water weight is real and it will happen. Relax. It's your body, it will be okay.

I disagree. Our bodies are constantly changing and hormones can impact us differently. I'm currently experiencing different things relating to TOM that I didn't experience before. Yes, OP this is hormonal cravings and eating. I usually give in also. It happens.

I know this is a zombie thread, but I have to chime in here as well. I've been menstruating for over 30 years now. I usually DON'T get insane cravings, but last week I did. I don't know why. I gave in as well. Had close to 4000 calories on Friday. Now I'm back on track. It is a bit confusing if you aren't used to it.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    i've never felt so personally unwelcomed :'(
  • snickerscharlie
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    i've never felt so personally unwelcomed :'(

OMG! It's TomK652015 !!!!!!

;)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    dlehdaz367g1.jpg

The best is that the bump on the Necro thread was a strong first post on a menstruation thread promoting a weight loss shake....

There's got to be a special bingo card for that kind of thing, right?
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    leejoyce31 wrote: »

More or less this.

Same here. Until my mid-20s, TOM was pretty mild compared to most girls I knew. But for whatever reason (weight gain? PCOS? Lack of activity?) TOM for me now is hell. Awful cramps, serious cravings, and severe depression and anxiety. Some months aren't as bad as others, but for the past several years (I'm 33 now) it's become something I dread for reasons other than "it's annoying." I just remind myself "It's all in your head. Don't let your mind play games with you. You're the same person. You can still make good decisions, even if it's hard and feels like *kitten*. Because you KNOW beyond any doubt that in a week you will feel better, and you will feel GREAT if you continue to make good decisions." I do treat myself a little though. This month I had a pint of Halo Top ice cream- 240 calories for the whole pint. Should I have eaten a whole pint at once? Especially since I was emotionally eating? Probably not. But it fit in my calorie allotment for the day, and it did the job without setting me back on my goals. It's not perfect, but it's progress compared to the binging I used to do during that time.