• Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I’m with your husband on this.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I don't like to say what is right or wrong with only one side of the story but I don't like that your husband was so dismissive of your situation.

You don't take your mother's side over your wife in normal situations. You just don't.

I am afraid there is not much I can suggest that probably won't end in a major fight. I believe respect is among the core principles of a marriage.

I hope you two are fairly young and he just needs to grow up a little.

My advice is to stand your ground. Tell him that in time you may be able to handle it but until then there will be no sweets left in the house. They can eat them elsewhere. You want your MiL to feel at home but this should not be a big thing to ask.

I would definitely ask this forum for strategies to help deal with your sweets situation.

Edited to remove a bad comparison that should not have been made.

LOL....sounds like a typical husband to me...taking the mother side over the wife. I don't know maybe just me but most men find it hard to confront their mothers.

• suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @ Phirrgus

Quote @suziecue25 Are you sure you two are not my wife and I? Because that sounds just like a night at my house! :D

ha ha ....marital bliss :D