Any suggestions for something to soothe a stomach?

Options
Other than Pepto, which isn't working? Coming off 3 days or so of not being able to keep anything down - my diary may never recover lol - and am doing ok today but for a slight nausea...

Any suggestions are much appreciated folks, thank you.

Replies

• Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    For me, personally, saltines always help settle my stomach. Other than that, I have heard the BRAT diet recommended. BRAT being Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast.

A call to your doctor may not be a bad idea either.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Peppermint
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Peppermint

That's what I was going to say, too.
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ginger tea?
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    For me, personally, saltines always help settle my stomach. Other than that, I have heard the BRAT diet recommended. BRAT being Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast.

A call to your doctor may not be a bad idea either.

He said it's just the bug that's been going around. In his defense...half of everyone I know has it lol. :(

I'll try the suggestions, thanks :)
  • Phirrgus
    Options
    Peppermint

Just peppermint candy? I never heard that one, but I'll try it. Thanks
  • Phirrgus
    Options
    Ninkasi wrote: »
    Ginger tea?

That sounds good for some reason...need to find some...
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    fennel seed tea with saltine crackers is my go to.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Flat ginger ale used to do it for me. Ginger ale itself still does.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Peppermint herb not peppermint candy. Peppermint tea. Ginger ale (with real ginger) They also make candied ginger, but I can't recommend that (bleh!) but you might love it. You can also find tea with ginger added.
  • Phirrgus
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    fennel seed tea with saltine crackers is my go to.
    I'll need to look up where to buy, thanks
    Flat ginger ale used to do it for me. Ginger ale itself still does.

I can't believe I forgot about ginger ale lol! Next thread "Am I getting old?" :D
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I get motion sickness, and ginger has worked for my nausea. I use ginger gum, which most pharmacies sell by other anti-nausea drugs. It’s marketed for motion sickness, pregnancy-related morning sickness, and chemo patients. Just be sure you like ginger, because the gum is pretty intense flavor.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    Ginger tea?

Not sure where you're located but either the grocery stores here or Walgreen's carries Bigelow brand tea Lemon Ginger which is my fav. Reasonably priced as well.

I really love ginger though, so sometimes I buy ginger root and slice it into my tea (plain green tea bags) with a bit of fresh lemon juice. I have many digestive issues and have a couple cups of this every morning.
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Lipton has a 'soothe your tummy' tea with ginger, peppermint and fennel. It works awesome when I'm feeling nauseous or otherwise just have an upset/bloated stomach. I believe Great Value (walmart) has a similar tea too.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Emetrol is for nausea/vomiting.
  • Blackwatch2000
    Blackwatch2000 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Emetrol is for nausea/vomiting.

This was my go-to when I was pregnant. Still use it for the occasional bug.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Chamomile tea?
  • Phirrgus
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Ginger tea?

Not sure where you're located but either the grocery stores here or Walgreen's carries Bigelow brand tea Lemon Ginger which is my fav. Reasonably priced as well.

I really love ginger though, so sometimes I buy ginger root and slice it into my tea (plain green tea bags) with a bit of fresh lemon juice. I have many digestive issues and have a couple cups of this every morning.
    Ah thanks - making a CVS run later so I'll check that out, Lots of Walgreens around too :)

I'll ask about Emetrol too - my best half probably knows all about that one :)

Thanks so much for the suggestions everyone - Something here will work, hopefully before I drop another (unhealthy) 3lbs lol.

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Ginger tea?

Ah thanks - making a CVS run later so I'll check that out, Lots of Walgreens around too :)

Thanks so much for the suggestions everyone - Something here will work, hopefully before I drop another (unhealthy) 3lbs lol.

Hope it passes soon. Take care!
  • Phirrgus
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Ginger tea?

Hope it passes soon. Take care!

Thank you!