Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

High Protein Quick Breakfast / Lunch Options

leenas_diariesleenas_diaries Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
in Recipes
Hi myfitnesspal community! My nutrition plan includes 150g protein, 175-200g carbs and 40-50grams of healthy fat. I’ve been doing pretty well so far but was hoping I could tap into your ideas to find some new breakfast, lunch and snack recipes that have
1) 30-40grams protein
2) Quick and easy to make / assemble (<10 minutes) - I’m not a good cook, but I can throw stuff together and mix it up :)
3) meals that can be made in advance and be packed for work
4) and finally, tastes good! 😋

Would appreciate any of your ideas / suggestions! Thanks much! 🙏

Replies

• kakagonzkakagonz Posts: 3Member, Premium Member Posts: 3Member, Premium Member
    I do Huel for the mornings and works well for me! Check it out.

I wasn't a fan of meal replacements but it's either that or nothing for me.
    edited February 9
  • karenesgkarenesg Posts: 179Member Member Posts: 179Member Member
    That's a huge amount of protein! Good luck!! I understand the recommended daily amount is .38g per pound of body weight. Try wheat berries. Yummy and high protein. Mix with some yogurt and blueberries. Another of my favs: low fat cottage cheese with ruby red grapefruit and raisins!
  • Panini911Panini911 Posts: 851Member Member Posts: 851Member Member
    that's high protein, i'm usually around 100g protein for 1400 ish cals a day. cottage cheese is a great one for protein.

snacks for protein: boiled eggs (or just egg whites). jerky. just cooked meat like chicken (or whatever).
    lunches: boiled eggs, veggies, laughing cow cheese, home made protein bar
    tuna salad and crackers, veggies, home made protein bar

quick meals for me is a protein already ready (eggs, canned tuna, pre-cooked chicken I cooked and froze), vegetables (I keep frozen stuff on hand but mostly enjoy raw).
  • DietQJDietQJ Posts: 8Member, Premium Member Posts: 8Member, Premium Member
    I eat almost that much protein (145g) and I've been having wraps for breakfast with a rice tortilla because I'm gluten free, low fat mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperoni, sometimes also some ham, tomato slices and/or paste and then I grill it for a minute to melt things. It tastes really pizza-like. I also made frittata type dishes with mixture of egg and whites to make lower fat, add cooked ground lean turkey with spices like a sausage would have, fennel, garlic etc. and some sauteed veggies or cauli rice to add fiber and bulk. Also protein shakes always a good option.
  • deborahbencedeborahbence Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    For breakfast I have a fruit, milk and protein smoothie. For variety I change the fruit. 20g protein
    For lunch, on a work day, I have red split lentil, chick peas and butternut squash soup. Also 20g protien
  • ritzvinritzvin Posts: 2,298Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,298Member, Premium Member
    Hi myfitnesspal community! My nutrition plan includes 150g protein, 175-200g carbs and 40-50grams of healthy fat. I’ve been doing pretty well so far but was hoping I could tap into your ideas to find some new breakfast, lunch and snack recipes that have
    1) 30-40grams protein
    2) Quick and easy to make / assemble (<10 minutes) - I’m not a good cook, but I can throw stuff together and mix it up :)
    3) meals that can be made in advance and be packed for work
    4) and finally, tastes good! 😋

Would appreciate any of your ideas / suggestions! Thanks much! 🙏

greek yogurt and cottages cheese are both very high in protein and require no prep. I usually add some splenda-sweetened 'freezer jam'. (nuke frozen fruit for ~6 minutes, add splenda, sprinkle in a bit of gelatin, stir/mash, and pour into cups in the fridge).