High Protein Quick Breakfast / Lunch Options

leenas_diaries
leenas_diaries Posts: 16 Member
Hi myfitnesspal community! My nutrition plan includes 150g protein, 175-200g carbs and 40-50grams of healthy fat. I’ve been doing pretty well so far but was hoping I could tap into your ideas to find some new breakfast, lunch and snack recipes that have
1) 30-40grams protein
2) Quick and easy to make / assemble (<10 minutes) - I’m not a good cook, but I can throw stuff together and mix it up :)
3) meals that can be made in advance and be packed for work
4) and finally, tastes good! 😋

Would appreciate any of your ideas / suggestions! Thanks much! 🙏

Replies

• kakagonz
    kakagonz Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2019
    I do Huel for the mornings and works well for me! Check it out.

I wasn't a fan of meal replacements but it's either that or nothing for me.
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    That's a huge amount of protein! Good luck!! I understand the recommended daily amount is .38g per pound of body weight. Try wheat berries. Yummy and high protein. Mix with some yogurt and blueberries. Another of my favs: low fat cottage cheese with ruby red grapefruit and raisins!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    that's high protein, i'm usually around 100g protein for 1400 ish cals a day. cottage cheese is a great one for protein.

snacks for protein: boiled eggs (or just egg whites). jerky. just cooked meat like chicken (or whatever).
    lunches: boiled eggs, veggies, laughing cow cheese, home made protein bar
    tuna salad and crackers, veggies, home made protein bar

quick meals for me is a protein already ready (eggs, canned tuna, pre-cooked chicken I cooked and froze), vegetables (I keep frozen stuff on hand but mostly enjoy raw).
  • DietQJ
    DietQJ Posts: 8 Member
    I eat almost that much protein (145g) and I've been having wraps for breakfast with a rice tortilla because I'm gluten free, low fat mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperoni, sometimes also some ham, tomato slices and/or paste and then I grill it for a minute to melt things. It tastes really pizza-like. I also made frittata type dishes with mixture of egg and whites to make lower fat, add cooked ground lean turkey with spices like a sausage would have, fennel, garlic etc. and some sauteed veggies or cauli rice to add fiber and bulk. Also protein shakes always a good option.
  • deborahbence
    deborahbence Posts: 1 Member
    For breakfast I have a fruit, milk and protein smoothie. For variety I change the fruit. 20g protein
    For lunch, on a work day, I have red split lentil, chick peas and butternut squash soup. Also 20g protien
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Hi myfitnesspal community! My nutrition plan includes 150g protein, 175-200g carbs and 40-50grams of healthy fat. I’ve been doing pretty well so far but was hoping I could tap into your ideas to find some new breakfast, lunch and snack recipes that have
    1) 30-40grams protein
    2) Quick and easy to make / assemble (<10 minutes) - I’m not a good cook, but I can throw stuff together and mix it up :)
    3) meals that can be made in advance and be packed for work
    4) and finally, tastes good! 😋

Would appreciate any of your ideas / suggestions! Thanks much! 🙏

greek yogurt and cottages cheese are both very high in protein and require no prep. I usually add some splenda-sweetened 'freezer jam'. (nuke frozen fruit for ~6 minutes, add splenda, sprinkle in a bit of gelatin, stir/mash, and pour into cups in the fridge).
  • rachelpelucca
    rachelpelucca Posts: 57 Member
    For breakfast I do plain Greek yogurt and put frozen berries (high fiber low calories) and let it sit in the fridge overnight and when I wake up the berries have juices all over the yogurt and it tastes amazing 😋 just make sure to buy the frozen berries with no added sugars or anything.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    You might like my husband's breakfast. Two soft boiled eggs followed by a piece of fruit.
  • Amwa77
    Amwa77 Posts: 71 Member
    I lift heavy, so my protein intake is on the high side as well. As of late i have been eating proats (protein powder and oatmeal) 30gr oatmeal, 5oz almond milk cook till oats are soft. Stir in protein powder (UMP graham cracker flavor) 8 gr sugar free jello pudding (cheesecake flavor) and 1/3c blueberries. Macros: cals 297, carbs 36gr, fat 8gr, pro 24gr. I've been playing around with flavors but this one is my current favorite. I also like protein pancakes/waffles, i make a batch and reheat through out the week.
  • mocchialini1
    mocchialini1 Posts: 2 Member
    I make my own Hi Protein hemp drink with the following, Nutiva Hemp Powder 15G protein, Nutiva Hulled Hemp Seeds, Cocoa Powder, Collegen Protein and Ground Flaxseed. Add 12oz of favorite Vanilla Flavored Beverage (I use Good Karma brand). Use shaker and shake and enjoy.
  • leenas_diaries
    @crazyravr - if you can share recipe of angel food cake with protein that would be awesome! Thanks.
  • leenas_diaries
    @rachelpelucca - that is my favorite go to breakfast, snack and dessert! :)
  • leenas_diaries
    @Amwa77 - thanks for sharing! I like the idea of making a batch of pancakes / waffles and heating them up. Would you be able to share the recipe? Thanks!
  • leenas_diaries
    Thank you @mocchialini1! Will have to try this one!
    I make my own Hi Protein hemp drink with the following, Nutiva Hemp Powder 15G protein, Nutiva Hulled Hemp Seeds, Cocoa Powder, Collegen Protein and Ground Flaxseed. Add 12oz of favorite Vanilla Flavored Beverage (I use Good Karma brand). Use shaker and shake and enjoy.

• leenas_diaries
    good suggestions! thank you 🙏
    DietQJ wrote: »
    I eat almost that much protein (145g) and I've been having wraps for breakfast with a rice tortilla because I'm gluten free, low fat mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperoni, sometimes also some ham, tomato slices and/or paste and then I grill it for a minute to melt things. It tastes really pizza-like. I also made frittata type dishes with mixture of egg and whites to make lower fat, add cooked ground lean turkey with spices like a sausage would have, fennel, garlic etc. and some sauteed veggies or cauli rice to add fiber and bulk. Also protein shakes always a good option.

• leenas_diaries
    Thank you! I will be trying this for sure!
    crazyravr wrote: »
    @crazyravr - if you can share recipe of angel food cake with protein that would be awesome! Thanks.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10642391/protein-angel-food-cake-make-it/p1