Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Anyone lost weight just by counting calories, creating a deficit & no exercise?

2»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTraceyCharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,702Member Member Posts: 7,702Member Member
    Tshearwood wrote: »
    Hello there, I worked a desk job and went from 332 to 190 by creating a deficit. If you can't exercise right now that's ok, if you can don't log it and it'll just make your deficit even larger :)

MFP has your deficit built in without exercise. its intended use is to eat back some calories if not all(everyone will be different). but a bigger deficit is not always a good thing.
  • LorienneSeuntjensLorienneSeuntjens Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I've lost 13 lbs/6 kgs in 2 months just by eating 1200 calories a day. Becoming aware of how much calories are in your food really aids weight loss. :)

I'm too busy with law school and my clerkship to attend the gym.

I also drink 2 litres of water a day to feel less hungry, but the hunger goes away once you get used to the calorie deficit. The first week was awful, but once you get past that, you'll be fine!
    edited March 24
  • o0kody0oo0kody0o Posts: 291Member Member Posts: 291Member Member
    I’ve lost 17lbs in around 4/5 Weeks just by counting calories (approx 1200 a day). I don’t exercise apart from walking short distances here and there, so it definitely can be done.
  • KetoZandraKetoZandra Posts: 132Member Member Posts: 132Member Member
    Yes. I am 55 and have gone from 202.6 to today 179.8 (22.8 lbs) in 95 days. I do not exercise at all, not even walking.
    I am doing strict keto and measure and weigh everything with a calorie defecit.

• kayfaeikayfaei Posts: 240Member Member Posts: 240Member Member
    This thread really give me inspiration i known that i will start exercise eventually but wanting to get down to the 200's first.
  • greekgoddess6075greekgoddess6075 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Me!!! I'm 5 feet tall female. I started on January 1st and have lost 24lbs since. Only watch my calories and some walking while I shop so no exercise for me really. I still have to lose 60 more pounds
    edited March 27
  • Sew3rinSew3rin Posts: 115Member, Premium Member Posts: 115Member, Premium Member
    Yes I had lost a good amount of weight with just diet alone. Slacked off and back at it again. Good luck!
  • Sew3rinSew3rin Posts: 115Member, Premium Member Posts: 115Member, Premium Member
    Awesome job Annabella!
  • brittanystebbins95brittanystebbins95 Posts: 181Member Member Posts: 181Member Member
    Me, me, me! I lost 40 lbs just counting calories. I’m a 5’2” woman 54 yo. I’m working on the last 20, in January I started doing 30-40 minutes of walking, brisk pace (3.5mph), 5x’s a week. It’s so much easier without that 40 lbs to lug around!

When people say this, I always think "What am I doing wrong?" - because I notice very little difference in my abilities after losing well over 100 lb. I was always energetic though, so I guess that's good!

You might just not notice the difference, but I promise you it is there. Your body has just adjusted, that's all. When weight comes off slowly, its easy to "not notice."
    Try and take a backpack loaded with 50 extra pounds and walk around with it for awhile. You'll wonder how that was ever your normal.
  • anl90anl90 Posts: 904Member Member Posts: 904Member Member
    It is 100% doable. I personally have success when I include exercise, but that isn't necessary. You can do it!
  • SanriohippieSanriohippie Posts: 45Member Member Posts: 45Member Member
    Yep,I’ve lost over 50lbs in 4mo by just eating a plant diet. I do walk (Leisurely),but don’t log it😊Best of luck!!