Anyone lost weight just by counting calories, creating a deficit & no exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Tshearwood wrote: »
    Hello there, I worked a desk job and went from 332 to 190 by creating a deficit. If you can't exercise right now that's ok, if you can don't log it and it'll just make your deficit even larger :)

MFP has your deficit built in without exercise. its intended use is to eat back some calories if not all(everyone will be different). but a bigger deficit is not always a good thing.
  • LorienneSeuntjens
    LorienneSeuntjens Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I've lost 13 lbs/6 kgs in 2 months just by eating 1200 calories a day. Becoming aware of how much calories are in your food really aids weight loss. :)

I'm too busy with law school and my clerkship to attend the gym.

I also drink 2 litres of water a day to feel less hungry, but the hunger goes away once you get used to the calorie deficit. The first week was awful, but once you get past that, you'll be fine!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost 17lbs in around 4/5 Weeks just by counting calories (approx 1200 a day). I don’t exercise apart from walking short distances here and there, so it definitely can be done.
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am 55 and have gone from 202.6 to today 179.8 (22.8 lbs) in 95 days. I do not exercise at all, not even walking.
    I am doing strict keto and measure and weigh everything with a calorie defecit.

• Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    This thread really give me inspiration i known that i will start exercise eventually but wanting to get down to the 200's first.
  • greekgoddess6075
    greekgoddess6075 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Me!!! I'm 5 feet tall female. I started on January 1st and have lost 24lbs since. Only watch my calories and some walking while I shop so no exercise for me really. I still have to lose 60 more pounds
  • Sew3rin
    Sew3rin Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes I had lost a good amount of weight with just diet alone. Slacked off and back at it again. Good luck!
  • Sew3rin
    Sew3rin Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Annabella!
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me! I lost 40 lbs just counting calories. I’m a 5’2” woman 54 yo. I’m working on the last 20, in January I started doing 30-40 minutes of walking, brisk pace (3.5mph), 5x’s a week. It’s so much easier without that 40 lbs to lug around!

When people say this, I always think "What am I doing wrong?" - because I notice very little difference in my abilities after losing well over 100 lb. I was always energetic though, so I guess that's good!

You might just not notice the difference, but I promise you it is there. Your body has just adjusted, that's all. When weight comes off slowly, its easy to "not notice."
    Try and take a backpack loaded with 50 extra pounds and walk around with it for awhile. You'll wonder how that was ever your normal.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    It is 100% doable. I personally have success when I include exercise, but that isn't necessary. You can do it!
  • Sanriohippie
    Sanriohippie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yep,I’ve lost over 50lbs in 4mo by just eating a plant diet. I do walk (Leisurely),but don’t log it😊Best of luck!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!