I was doing so well today until...

Options
I drank a bottle of really lovely red wine tonight.....oh dear, how sad, never mind lol...tomorrow is another day!

Anybody else have a I was doing so well day?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    My week was like this... oh well
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    On the bright side...you had some lovely red wine! <3

:+1: Your wine glass is always half full!
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Totally. Yesterday I was right on track until I had 3 measured glasses of wine. I had room for only 1. At least I ate an apple afterwards instead of some high-fat, high-sugar treat that would have put me even farther over my goal. Although those so delicious Chicken in a Bisquit crackers kept calling my name.

Today is a new day. 😎
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, it was a beautiful wine....if you're going to go over the cals, do it in style ;)
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    I drank a bottle of really lovely red wine tonight.....oh dear, how sad, never mind lol...tomorrow is another day!

My wife made spaghetti with meat sauce last night. I was telling myself ALL THE WAY back for my second plate that I shouldn't do it. Did I listen? Nope. :D

Was it awesome? Yes lol.

I think most of us have so-so or not great days here and there. As long as no one is measuring us for a casket, we have the next day to do better. :)

I'm gonna make sure I fit in a regular casket when I go lol

Why did I feel just morbid when I laughed at that? :D

You can do this. One day isn't a deal breaker. :)
  • suziecue25
    Options

My wife made spaghetti with meat sauce last night. I was telling myself ALL THE WAY back for my second plate that I shouldn't do it. Did I listen? Nope. :D

Was it awesome? Yes lol.

I think most of us have so-so or not great days here and there. As long as no one is measuring us for a casket, we have the next day to do better. :)

You felt morbid because you [and I] are old enough to have a sense of our own mortality
  • Phirrgus
    Options

Was it awesome? Yes lol.

You felt morbid because you [and I] are old enough to have a sense of our own mortality

Tis true :)

My wife loves to say "we can't stop aging, but we can do it gracefully." I've always liked that. The gracefully part. Not the aging part :D
  • suziecue25
    Options

Ah Chef..you sound a bit down...tomorrow really is another day :)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Nah that food was tasty af... wine too!
  • suziecue25
    Options

Was it awesome? Yes lol.

My wife loves to say "we can't stop aging, but we can do it gracefully." I've always liked that. The gracefully part. Not the aging part :D

I dye my hair, I worry about my weight, I love my man with a passion....does this sound like someone who wants to age g.r.a.c.e.f.u.l.l.y......scratch that..its the wine!!
  • suziecue25
    Options

Nah that food was tasty af... wine too!

Yay!!
  • Phirrgus
    Options

Was it awesome? Yes lol.

I dye my hair, I worry about my weight, I love my man with a passion....does this sound like someone who wants to age g.r.a.c.e.f.u.l.l.y......scratch that..its the wine!!

:D
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    It's cold and icy and we're pretty much snowed in. I can't get out with the dog for her regular walks. And I feel like eating my way through the kitchen. I haven't but I feel like it! Decided to eat maintenance until the snow is over with.

On the other hand, my spice rack is re-ordered, my books are alphabetized, my house is really clean right now and I'm thinking of painting ceilings. :smile:
  • suziecue25
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    It's cold and icy and we're pretty much snowed in. I can't get out with the dog for her regular walks. And I feel like eating my way through the kitchen. I haven't but I feel like it! Decided to eat maintenance until the snow is over with.

On the other hand, my spice rack is re-ordered, my books are alphabetized, my house is really clean right now and I'm thinking of painting ceilings. :smile:

I tell you what.... you're pretty amazing love....here's to the Spring coming soon :)
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    It's cold and rainy here. I would HIGHLY prefer to be curled up at home with a good book & an adult beverage than working today!