What was YOUR final straw to finally make a change?

Options

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @pjayperrin, I don't know about that cousin of yours!! :) Congrats on your loss so far! That's awesome!
  • sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture of myself and I was wearing a jacket I wear often.... I liked like a cartoon character! Down 9 lbs!

That was this time. It's been a journey after every pregnancy.
  • opa1
    opa1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Not looking the way I wanted to look. Got tired of starting a diet and quiting again with diets for years.
  • jaybirdaz79
    jaybirdaz79 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @JaiRocket Wow! That is fabulous progress. More power to you!
  • saynventeen
    saynventeen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks that seriously took toll with my body. Its growing in my arms and super insecure about it. 😢
  • mymillsap
    mymillsap Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need knee replacement surgery & the surgeon said I have to lose 45 lbs first.
  • jonniemomof9ak
    jonniemomof9ak Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Tierd of bodily aches & pains. I want my muscle tone to support my joints.
  • no1elseislikeme
    no1elseislikeme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was always in the upper limits of a healthy and safe BMI for my height, 5’6 and 144 lbs, and I didn’t want that to tip over into an overweight BMI. I also have significant cardiovascular issues on both sides of my family and I really want to avoid developing a cardiovascular issue if I can. I was 24 at the time that I started and my thought process was basically, lose the weight now when I have the benefit of my 20 something metabolism. I’m now 26 and have I successfully kept most of it, with the exception of a recent 3 lb weight gain which has sent me back up to 122 and which I’m actively working to lose, off.
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Seeing pictures of my face and realizing I don't look like me anymore. I went from heartshape to square - around my mouth looks so different now. I really want my belly gone, but i want my old face back even more.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I had two of these epiphanies.
    The first was in 2001/2002. I had been diagnosed with MS and felt helpless against what it was doing to my body. At the time I weighed 275/280 pounds at 5 ft 1 inch. I started to lose weight because I couldn't control MS but I could control my weight. At that time I lost 125 pounds and my symptoms lessened. Unfortunately I gained back around half of it. When I tell this story I used to give the excuse of my grandmother and mother's illnesses but those are just excuses.

The most recent was last year. My boyfriend had been diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma (cancer). He was fighting for his life and my fat *kitten* was sitting around feeling sorry for myself. I started to realize (thankfully) that my weight was going up again like it had done when my Mom got sick. I got off my butt and started working out and tracking again. It's funny the weight is not coming off as quickly as it did 18 years ago but I think I'm actually healthier because I'm focusing more on exercise and eating right instead of just keeping calories below a certain number.
  • ellebl
    ellebl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My Mom posted a photo of me and her I looked like a whale next to her. I was at the largest I had ever been at 180lb. When I told my coworkers they were shocked how much I weighed compared to how I looked but looking at photos from me 10 years ago to now its heart breaking to think back then I thought I was fat at my dream goal weight now.
  • julesdechaine
    julesdechaine Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I recently went through a nasty divorce and put on about 40 lbs throughout the process; I am now in a healthy relationship but neither of us are very healthy physically. We recently traveled out of state and did a lot of walking, including some hills, and it hit me just how out of shape I was. I have body issues with my weight, and so I am less confident in our sexual relationship, thus encouraging me to lose this weight. Just started back up this week, had one slip up, and am down .5 lbs. About 10 years ago, I was able to successfully lose 60 lbs of baby weight without a fad diet - just portion control and exercise, and so I am sure I can do it again!