tattoo enthusiasts?

Options
Would love to hear from others who either already have tattoos or are planning to get some ink in the near future.
I only have one atm, but ive been planning a bigger piece for years.
Part of my motivation to transform my body has been to create the kind of 'canvas' I want to display art on ;-)

Now that im approaching my goals I have began design work with an awesome tattoo artist and am really looking forward to November when we plan to start ( waiting til then as I am registered for a few half-marathons, obstacle races, adventure events and just getting them out of the way first to give best chance of proper after care.

looking to surround myself with likeminded fitness people...
Add me! :-)

Replies

• VioletNightshade
    Options
    I'm talking to a tattoo artist currently who did work for a friend of mine. I want peacock feathers on my back and maybe a little bat on my ankle. Trying to decide how long in my weight loss journey to wait to get them - I'm close to half way to where I want to be.

Might get the bat pretty soon, since my ankles aren't likely to shrink a whole lot.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I have 4.
    the infinity symbol on the back of my neck
    My fiancé's name and 3 little stars on my wrist (tattoo done using his ashes mixed with the ink)
    Vivere, Amor, Ridete on my foot (Latin for Live, Love, Laugh) Also done using the ashes
    And my most recent one is a little tribal looking monkey on my hip. My now partner has a matching one on his leg and it symbolises the place that we met

x
  • gpiercebutler
    gpiercebutler Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have ladybirds on one calf, butterflies on the other and have just started a half sleeve of lotus blossoms with a little frog sitting on them.
  • laurenward1990
    laurenward1990 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have two, one is a pretty big upper back piece, you can see it in my photos if you go on my profile.

I want more, I just worry about getting them in obvious places due to social stigma (which is obviously getting better - but tattoos in the workplace are still generally frowned upon which is ridiculous!)

I would love neo-traditional tattoos on each of my inner forearms, my cats - Charlie on one, and Tiger on the other...both in ornate frames.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am heavily tattooed, love body art, been getting tattooed for about 10 years now, feel free to add me
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few and in the process of getting my back covered.

I have half sleeve, side lower legs, both from knee to feet done, small one on belly, and having a cover up on my back all way down my spine.
  • HLSalter
    HLSalter Posts: 260
    Options
    I want to get a tattoo done so much but I want it in white ink and I'm having so much trouble finding a tattooist to do it :(
  • BEEUK
    BEEUK Posts: 113
    Options
    Completely white? White ink is notorious for fading the fastest, it will need retouching every few months so that may be why they’re loathe to do it.

I currently have 7 (including a finger stache) and planning a half sleeve, I love body art and I don’t think I'll ever stop getting inked.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I have 4 tattoos:
    I have my sons name and dob on my wrist
    I have a superman sign on my right arm
    I have a film reel on my shoulder
    and I have a huge mermaid on my left arm (beautiful peice, its taken from a painting and I love it) this one also convered up my first tattoo.

I am planning to have 2 more, i will have one definitely this year but I have to raise the funds for the beauty that is going on my leg!
  • linzijoy
    linzijoy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Completely white? White ink is notorious for fading the fastest, it will need retouching every few months so that may be why they’re loathe to do it.

I have a white dove on the back of my neck which has been there for 7 years now! Looks just as it did when I first had it, but maybe because my hair's been long for most of that time...?

I have 5 altogether...most of them hidden away. My most recent was a series of 6 tiny birds in different stages of flight on my ribs just under my bra strap.

Anyone else really enjoy the sensation of getting tattoos?
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have 13, which are all tropical. Also have one inside my bottom lip and believe it or not, that one hurt the least out of all of them.
  • HLSalter
    Options
    Yes I really want it completely white, I don't mind it fading as I want to be as subtle as possible to be honest.
  • Reaper1242
    Options
    I have 7 for now with plans for many more. So far I have a left arm half sleeve, right arm partial half sleeve, left chest, right wrist and both calves.
    I design my own pieces so it takes me a while to get exactly what I want. But I'm not really in a rush. Been doing it for too long. That and my tattoo artist lives in another province so I can only get work done when he comes down here.

Kind of focussing more on suspensions at the moment.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Yes I really want it completely white, I don't mind it fading as I want to be as subtle as possible to be honest.

I really wanted a white tattoo, but my artist talked me out of it. I have medium/dark skin, and he showed me photos of white tattoos that were a year or so old, and they were yellow and not pretty anymore.
  • dianawall532
    Options
    I have a floral rib piece done as well as on my wrist (sons name) ankle (live laugh love) forearm (true love never dies) and lower back (flower).
    Im planning on getting my newly arrived daughters name on my other wrist and maybe some more writing but im unsure as to where yet, I keep telling myself that im not getting anymore but as soon as I hear about someone else getting a tattoo it makes me start thinking about what to get next :)
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    I have a boring tribal on my hip that I got when I was 17. I have a really cool quote that is about 7" x 7" on my left ribs. That I plan to add florals to, starting from my upper thigh and winding up through my hip to just above the quote. I have a celtic knot work band on my ankle. I have water color style cherry blossoms that wind from my toes, across my foot, and up about 8" of my leg.
  • HLSalter
    Options

I really wanted a white tattoo, but my artist talked me out of it. I have medium/dark skin, and he showed me photos of white tattoos that were a year or so old, and they were yellow and not pretty anymore.

That does concern me! I'm relatively pale but even so, I obviously don't want a yellow tattoo :(
  • linzijoy
    Options

Like I said, I've had mine for 7 years now, and it's still white. I have medium / olive skin also.
  • summertime_girl
    Options

Like I said, I've had mine for 7 years now, and it's still white. I have medium / olive skin also.

Can you post a photo? I'd love to see it. I'm bummed that I couldn't get what I wanted.
  • linzijoy
    Options
    I'll try and upload one when I'm at home later :-)