• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    I've got a few. :)

<---
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to get a hip piece as soon as I get enough money for the artist I want.
  • DiamondRidge
    DiamondRidge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch...

A peach and a rose on the nape of my neck for my girls
    An anklet of forget-me-nots on my ankle and foot for my horse
    A pair of dragon flies on my ankle because I like dragon flies
    A pair of dragon flies on my calf because I was manic and thought it would be a good idea, I was wrong
    A "hike on" with two trillium flowers on my forearm because I love to hike and I love trillium
    A rainbow peace dove on my forearm because its pretty
    A pair of roses on my other forearm, these are actually covering a design done by a person who no longer exists to me
    An old school "mom and dad" hearts tattoo on my upper arm to honor my parents (and to drive them crazy)
    A "there but for the grace of God go I" band on my arm to remind me that my life is a gift
    A mountain with the words "for the views and the rocks" to answer the question of "why do you hike"
    and, my favorite - a pinup girl clad in short shorts and a crop top who is hiking on a trail in the exact place I was when I took the picture that the background is drawn from...
  • vball83
    vball83 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have 6, all strategically placed in places that are least likely to morph over time with weight loss or gain (hopefully I won't even have to worry about the gain though!) Lower middle back (yes, tramp stamp), upper middle back, back of each ankle, and top of each foot.

I signed up for a half marathon in October, and I told myself that if I complete every training run (3x per week) and complete the half marathon, I will reward myself with a thigh piece. Also, my legs should look slammin' by then haha!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have 4 (two I added in the last month)

Left breast - an airplane and a cloud
    right ankle - a dolphin riding a wave under the moon and stars with two hearts on its nose
    left deltoid - a sea turtle with a hibiscus
    and right shoulder blade - one of those ribbons that people have on the back of their cars of the American Flag (in dedication to our troops)
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have 2, my first was a Celtic heart on my stomach which came about after I'd been through pretty tough time with an ex so to me that symbolizes my strength to carry on, the Celtic design is in honour of my irish roots.

I also have 3 stars on my lower back. I'd love to say they symbolize me looking over my kids but I got them about a year before I had my eldest and I just really loved the idea of them!!

I am wanting more, possibly on my foot or the base of my neck, but not sure on the design. I like the idea of my children's names in some ancient writing but would need to know it was word perfect first, ha!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Really wanting to finish my back piece but don't see that happening anytime soon. The first 7 hours were $500, and that's just because my fiance has 50+ hours of work in with the guy. thankfully it is being done in pieces so you can't tell that there is more to be added, but with a wedding coming up and buying a house, not happening soon.
  • Idreamoflean
    Options
    I have two, one on my lower back (about 10 years old) - it's a group of 3 large stars. The other 6 months old and the inside of my right wrist a few inches high (my inital with some other stuff around it).
    I love tattoos and already want another one! Don't want to get too many though so trying to hold off for a bit. :-)
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have 14... started collecting them when I was 19... and have co-mingled several of them into quarter sleeves but now want to go the next step and get a full on sleeve for the left arm. But now that I have a 2 year old a second daughter on the way, I'm not sure where the money is going to come from. One day, maybe!
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    THIS GIRL! RIGHT HERE! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Currently have 4 tattoos:

1. Large winged ankh on upper back, done in a celtic style
    2. Plain black-widow on my lower back
    3. Maple leaves on the back on my neck
    4. My "sister tattoo" on my left leg above the ankle - designed it myself.

But I have a list of 253849068374523948239047836097 more that I want - now I just need the money, and am wondering if it's better to wait until after I lose the weight I want (for my next tattoo at least, since it will be covering my right ribcage and down onto my right thigh).

Did I mention DAMN, I LOVE TATTOOS :heart: They make everybody better to look at naked :wink:
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have 3 stars on my left foot (my BFF and I decided one night to get the same tattoo... just on a whim, ha) and A butterfly on my upper right back. I'm waiting to get my third one for when I reach my goal weight (or close to it.. depends how long I can wait!). It's going to be a plumeria flower, but not sure where I'm placing it yet.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yay for tattooed people!!!! Have an Alice in Wonderland half sleeve, a mid sized upper back Angelique Houtecamp styled piece, two traditional swallows on my collar bones, my bass players stamp on my inner fore arm , my cherry bomb pirate on my right foot, and several more in various spots people don't get to see LOL!!! Working on getting the rose on my sternum redone but it hurt so damn much the first time I am hesitant :blushing:

I love ink, I am proud of my ink, and I just turned 40...is that weird??
    Can you post a pick of your Alice in Wonderland half sleeve? Would love to see that!! :)

I have absolutely no clue on how to post pictures on here, or I would love to...it's still in progress but turning out soooo nice!
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is my new (and first) tattoo. I love it.
  • LisaInUP
    LisaInUP Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have 5. Two need to be re-worked since DH asked me not to get MORE. Reworked isn't more, right? :laugh:
    One is messed up from my weight loss and the other doesn't hold the same meaning as it did when I got it 20 years ago. There is a guy in town who does FANTASTIC cover work, so I can't wait to give him my money! :happy:
  • Helenavee42
    Options
    I have 2. My first was a plain star on my left ankle which will be covered when I get my 2nd tattoo colored finally. My second is a calf piece that I love dearly. It's a gypsy head with a crescent moon and stars. It represents my mom, my sisters and myself. I have more that I plan to get. =]
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few, planning more for in the future. They aren't for everyone but I love them!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I have 5 tattoo's, and my reward for reaching my goal weight is a 6th tattoo, plus touch ups/alterations done to my current tattoo's.
    c64f70b8-930b-4578-939d-5451581b37a0_zpsd2ad22f5.jpg

My 6th tattoo will me representing my PCOS and my 7 miscarries. I want this because PCOS was controlling my life, but then one day I decided to stop and take it back and kick PCOS's *kitten*. So around my left upper arm, I'm gonna get a band, with a teal ribbon and 7 little angels, still working on the design but it will be awesome in the end and a tribute to my health struggles that I have overcome!
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have one, in a very inconspicous place, can't show it on here. I want one of the small of my back. I have a scar from L4 back surgery and want to mask that. Any of you ladies have the small of your back done? How bad will that hurt? My first one was terribly painful.
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is my new (and first) tattoo. I love it.

Love your tattoo, and BTW: WOW, you look incredible.
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    I have one, in a very inconspicous place, can't show it on here. I want one of the small of my back. I have a scar from L4 back surgery and want to mask that. Any of you ladies have the small of your back done? How bad will that hurt? My first one was terribly painful.
    I have a large panther there. It wasn't bad at all. The worst out of my 5 was lower leg but it is quite large. Go for it! The pain is worth the result!!