Weight gain

Hello girls! I want to bulk I workout 4 days a week I am 26, 5'2 and I am currently in my macros at 2,370 on my low carb days I keep that number on my high carb days i increase my carbs but keep my fats and protein the same is this right? I need help thank you!!!!

Replies

• requenomayra
    requenomayra Posts: 10 Member
    No reason just want to build muscle fast in my lower body. I've been on macros since October I've seen muscle gain! Just wondering if now I should increase my macros to build faster or stay the same also since I only workout 4 days a week
  • requenomayra
    Well, I just calculated my macros on my own and went from there I am not in a program or anything. I didn't get any help doing this I wish I did but I didn't want to make a big deal of it so I just did it myself I've seen improvements I guess since I see so many woman who started off super skinny and now they are super strong and thick and they inform that they eat from 2,400-2,800 but they probably workout 5-6 days a week so I am assuming since I work out 4 days a week that wouldn't be good to eat that much right? Sorry for so many questions :(
  • requenomayra
    Thank you so much for this information! :) very helpful. I will check it out and look over it again thank you sweet girl :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    No problem! I have been through my fair share of bulk/cut cycles, even with a few blips here and there so happy to help.
  • katiemariieha
    katiemariieha Posts: 12 Member
    Hello girls! I want to bulk I workout 4 days a week I am 26, 5'2 and I am currently in my macros at 2,370 on my low carb days I keep that number on my high carb days i increase my carbs but keep my fats and protein the same is this right? I need help thank you!!!!

• katiemariieha
    katiemariieha Posts: 12 Member
    Hi, this is a late response, I’m 5,2 also and am having to eat 3500 calories to gain. I have found if you go slow bulking/cutting, and you are correct on your calculations. Remember you gain muscle as you lift so that increases metabolism, so overtime you will probably need to increase higher. Hoped this helped :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Hi, this is a late response, I’m 5,2 also and am having to eat 3500 calories to gain. I have found if you go slow bulking/cutting, and you are correct on your calculations. Remember you gain muscle as you lift so that increases metabolism, so overtime you will probably need to increase higher. Hoped this helped :)

Semantically, you only increase metabolism by 6 calories per day with each additional lb of muscle. Most new lifters, who are women, can get around 10-15lbs of muscle per year.