Did something and got something else

Options
Having been on MFP for 270days and losing 42lbs๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜i brought a cheaper version fitbit.
I work in a cafe/bakery and wanted to montior my steps. All going well.
Pleased that on a daily basis i can easily do 12000 ish steps a day.
So pleased on saturday past as i managed 18000 steps just at work. Great I was over the moon.
Got home and thought my calf hurts.

Well here I am sat on the sofa not being to walk AT ALL ๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ชieqq6gr2oahb.jpeg

Doctor says a torn calf muscle.

So having done a brilliant days worth of steps ;Its now going to be all.undone as im off work now til.next monday.

Thought id moan on here.

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you. That really stinks! Please take care of yourself and you'll be moving again in no time. Also, I like your pajama pants!
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thank maxematics. Its so annoying. My husband is being a great.nurse to me๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    And yes my pj pants are rather cool
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your injury. That well and truly sucks.

All of your work doesn't have to be undone while you're healing, though. Weight control is primarily driven by food intake and not exercise, anyway. Simply reduce the amount of calories you're consuming while you're laid up and you'll be fine. :)

• LisaMoxon155
    Options

All of your work doesn't have to be undone while you're healing, though. Weight control is primarily driven by food intake and not exercise, anyway. Simply reduce the amount of calories you're consuming while you're laid up and you'll be fine. :)

Thank you.

Thats true. I could actually change my activity level to sedertary for the next week while im recovery.๐Ÿ˜
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Thank you.

Thats true. I could actually change my activity level to sedertary for the next week while im recovery.๐Ÿ˜

Absolutely!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Time to catch up on your TV and reading!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    Having been on MFP for 270days and losing 42lbs๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜i brought a cheaper version fitbit.
    So pleased on saturday past as i managed 18000 steps just at work. Great I was over the moon.

Well here I am sat on the sofa not being to walk AT ALL ๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช

So having done a brilliant days worth of steps ;Its now going to be all.undone as im off work now til.next monday.

Thought id moan on here.

Ouch! How'd you tear your calf muscle - just from walking? Did your doctor give you any suggestions for preventing this from happening again? What do you wear for shoes?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    Options
    Suggestion would be to eat at sedentary maintenance.

Maintenance in order to promote healing.

Sedentary because you're not currently active to very active.

Then when you're all fixed you can go back up in terms of activity level and re introduce a deficit.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    That stinks!

Injury is one of my greatest fears in this journey.

Hope you have a quick recovery.
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options

Having a re run of Game of Thrones๐Ÿ˜
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options

Me too! I'm in Season 3 and it's just as enjoyable as the first time around.
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options

Well here I am sat on the sofa not being to walk AT ALL ๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช

Thought id moan on here.

Ouch! How'd you tear your calf muscle - just from walking? Did your doctor give you any suggestions for preventing this from happening again? What do you wear for shoes?

Yep. Just doing my job. Was a very busy day.
    He did; need to warm muscles up first thing in the morning which should help.
    I guess like warming muscles before doing exercises.
    I do belive my shoes didnt help at all. They are /were little plimsols but ive been wearing them for years. The floor at work is concerte so i need something with a bit more sole/support .
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options
    Suggestion would be to eat at sedentary maintenance.

Maintenance in order to promote healing.

Sedentary because you're not currently active to very active.

Then when you're all fixed you can go back up in terms of activity level and re introduce a deficit.

Good thinking. Thank you๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options

Me too! I'm in Season 3 and it's just as enjoyable as the first time around.

Series 6. Still get excited watching it. And amazing how much u miss from first watching it and actually nice to understand what hell is going on lol๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ