alcohol

Options
Does it defeat the purpose to have occasional drinks while doing a workout routine, i'm currently doing ripped in 30 and I didn't see alcohol on the meal plan lol. I don't want to ruin the chances of my results.

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You can drink as long as it fits into your calories. You don't have to follow a specific meal plan.
  • crystalc27
    crystalc27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me:wink:
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    There is a huge following that claims that alcohol screws with protein synthesis for muscle building and repair. Never really researched it but have heard enough people claim it that it might be worth looking into if you are really concerned. Of course most what people claim is usually 99% BS and not backed up by any real research. Just passing on something that might be worth looking up.
  • beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Probably best not to drink alcohol while you're working out. You may spill it.
    By the way you should have not even bothered commenting if you were going to stupid.

It was not intended to offend. It was a light comment on a topic that confounds most of us. I apologize if you took it that way. Carry on.
  • vikdexkaykai
    vikdexkaykai Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    By the way you should have not even bothered commenting if you were going to stupid.

He was joking! :laugh: It was how you worded it...I thought the same joke to myself! LOL
    Take a chill pill lady! :bigsmile:
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    That escalated quickly..
  • NomadicFlame
    Options

Woah.... steps away from the thread carefully....

Way to take offence...
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I had alcohol several times per week and lost 16 pounds. Yes I drink too much but did I lose weight and tone up, yes I did. No need to cut out alcohol if you are smart about your food and choice low-cal drink choices. And work out!!

I'm drinking in both pictures

2ibyl4p.jpg
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Does it defeat the purpose to have occasional drinks while doing a workout routine...

Read what you posted. This reads like you're asking if it's OK to drink during your workout.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Does it defeat the purpose to have occasional drinks while doing a workout routine, i'm currently doing ripped in 30 and I didn't see alcohol on the meal plan lol. I don't want to ruin the chances of my results.

Well I wouldn't go so far as to fill up my water bottle with voddie whilst working out or going for a run :laugh:

Personally, if I go out and have alcohol, or if I drink it indoors at any time, I just log it alng with everything else I have consumed.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    That escalated quickly..
    QFT.

No joking allowed! People are oversensitive harpies! haha
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Each person is different. I make mine work.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options

LOL...LOVE that!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    There is a huge following that claims that alcohol screws with protein synthesis for muscle building and repair. Never really researched it but have heard enough people claim it that it might be worth looking into if you are really concerned. Of course most what people claim is usually 99% BS and not backed up by any real research. Just passing on something that might be worth looking up.

There's also the camp that will use a couple drinks as a means of dehydrating a little extra water weight when they're retaining.

Op, please try not to be disrespectful by berating those providing levity.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Wow... maybe you need to drink more OP to loosen up. :flowerforyou:
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with losing weight and drinking alcohol. It does kind of defeat the purpose of being on MFP if you don't have a sense of humor, though.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

It was not intended to offend. It was a light comment on a topic that confounds most of us. I apologize if you took it that way. Carry on.

Very diplomatic. I applaud you.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

i hear thats the adult equivalent to a child letting go of a baloon :cry:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

That was my first thought after reading the original post. It'd be a shame to waste good alcohol. To the OP though, all you need to lose weight is a deficit. If you'd like to have a drink now and then track it and keep within your calorie goal.
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    I lost 38 lbs, mind you did not get ripped! lol and had drinks on Fridays and Saturdays every weekend, just made sure my calories allowed for it :)