Key Tip for Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• NaturalGainsRecned
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    My key tip for weight loss;

Eat fewer calories than you burn. The way you go about this is very individual. While it is great to offer suggestions, it is best not to say it is the best way or the only way. Different strokes for different folk.

I didn’t say it’s the only way... I said key tip, not only tip. It’s just one way, to minimize caloric intake. Like ice cream, pasta, and chips, people tend to overuse oil. All I was saying
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip.
  • vanityy99
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    My key tip for weight loss;

Eat fewer calories than you burn. The way you go about this is very individual. While it is great to offer suggestions, it is best not to say it is the best way or the only way. Different strokes for different folk.

I didn’t say it’s the only way... I said key tip, not only tip. It’s just one way, to minimize caloric intake. Like ice cream, pasta, and chips, people tend to overuse oil. All I was saying

You’re right. I always tend to use more oil then I should when I free hand with the bottle. The spray tends to use less oil. and covers the pan better
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Every time I use mine I log it as 9 calories. I've had the same can for two years now so judging by the comments here I'd say i'm estimating it properly.
  • NaturalGainsRecned
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Every time I use mine I log it as 9 calories. I've had the same can for two years now so judging by the comments here I'd say i'm estimating it properly.

You can use the spray time on the bottle 3x the amount of 1 serving of avocado oil/olive oil and still have around 20 less calories. Calorie friendly is great while calories are low
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

You can use the spray time on the bottle 3x the amount of 1 serving of avocado oil/olive oil and still have around 20 less calories. Calorie friendly is great while calories are low

Yeah I'm not really an oil user so the spray worked fine for me whenever I needed something that called for a bit of oil in a pan like making egg whites. I agree that in situations like that it can help people who are heavy handed with oil/butter. I stopped losing weight years ago so I don't have to worry about it anymore.
  • vanityy99
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Thankyou.

So while we’re offering ‘key tips’ here’s mine: if you really, really want something, then have it. Maybe that’ll require finding a way to lower the calories, or just having a tiny bit, or shuffling the rest of your day’s calories to accommodate; but really wanting one thing and eating other things instead just leads to misery and bingeing.

There, isn’t that better than a simplistic tip about spray fats that it turns out the tipper doesn’t entirely follow himself?

I agree, who really wants oil tho? Yeah it’s healthy, and it fries up some good bacon. I personally feel like it’s a waste of calories, I’d rather eat my fats. Also, this way helps ME avoid the whole bingeing idea. You should never not eat foods you enjoy, that’s not what I’m saying at all.

Not me.

A tsp of olive oil is around 40cals! I’d rather have strawberries, 1 cup for 50ish Cals.

Those little hidden calories kill my vibe.

• vanityy99
    Options
    39flavours wrote: »
    I use frylight oil from a bottle, it's 1cal per spray and I use 8 sprays to cover a frying pan for an omelette. I believe it's an emulsion, it's a mixture of oil and water, and comes in olive oil, butter, sunflower, coconut and vegetable oil varieties.
    But whether you are using butter, oil, or spray oil, you are still eating the fats, you're not drinking or snorting them, are you?

I think eating fats from dense foods like nuts are more enjoyable.
  • NaturalGainsRecned
    Options
    I use frylight oil from a bottle, it's 1cal per spray and I use 8 sprays to cover a frying pan for an omelette. I believe it's an emulsion, it's a mixture of oil and water, and comes in olive oil, butter, sunflower, coconut and vegetable oil varieties.
    But whether you are using butter, oil, or spray oil, you are still eating the fats, you're not drinking or snorting them, are you?

No, don’t be silly. I mean consuming actual food, solids. Oils never really kept me feeling “full” Same with protein shakes, never did it for me. I use avocado oil while I’m bulking a bit more than I use it now, and just use protein shakes to get my protein intake up. But if you ever wanna snort some olive oil, let me know
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

No, don’t be silly. I mean consuming actual food, solids. Oils never really kept me feeling “full” Same with protein shakes, never did it for me. I use avocado oil while I’m bulking a bit more than I use it now, and just use protein shakes to get my protein intake up. But if you ever wanna snort some olive oil, let me know

I'm sure there's gonna be someone out there who says snorting oil has health benefits! Perhaps a yogic practise?
    I don't really enjoy eating fats personally, I'd rather get my calories from protein and carbs with a small amount of fats. My preferred macros are 15 fat 45 protein 40 carbs. Each to their own!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,216 Member
    Options

Or, if it's a oil-only, no propellant spray . . . just as a wild thought: Put the bottle on the food scale, tare, spray your whatever, put the bottle back on the scale, and read and log the negative. So easy, and accurate.

I find some things easier to spray with oil, and some things easier if I pour the oil from a bottle. Either way, it's often in the 3-8g per use range for my common cases, but that's just me.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Thankyou.

So while we’re offering ‘key tips’ here’s mine: if you really, really want something, then have it. Maybe that’ll require finding a way to lower the calories, or just having a tiny bit, or shuffling the rest of your day’s calories to accommodate; but really wanting one thing and eating other things instead just leads to misery and bingeing.

There, isn’t that better than a simplistic tip about spray fats that it turns out the tipper doesn’t entirely follow himself?

I agree, who really wants oil tho? Yeah it’s healthy, and it fries up some good bacon. I personally feel like it’s a waste of calories, I’d rather eat my fats. Also, this way helps ME avoid the whole bingeing idea. You should never not eat foods you enjoy, that’s not what I’m saying at all.

Actually, I do. I use it in salads along with vinegar. The calories are well worth it.

I want oil too. Less of it, but I want it. It's never a waste of calories when it makes something taste better. I'd pay more calories for food pleasure any day, within reason, and would not regret it.