Key Tip for Losing Weight

Options
13»

Replies

• jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people are giving you grief about this. Yes there are some dishes where oils and butter add to the flavour but others where its just used as a cooking aid and in those cases it's much easier to moderate the amount using a spray than pouring. I really don't have a steady hand so free pouring oil could end up with up to 60 calories extra.

The other thing that I would mention is that you have to be careful with the type of pans you use these sprays with as I found that with the cheaper pans my food was burning and my pan was getting destroyed. I now only use it with my good pans and at a moderate heat.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Thankyou.

So while we’re offering ‘key tips’ here’s mine: if you really, really want something, then have it. Maybe that’ll require finding a way to lower the calories, or just having a tiny bit, or shuffling the rest of your day’s calories to accommodate; but really wanting one thing and eating other things instead just leads to misery and bingeing.

There, isn’t that better than a simplistic tip about spray fats that it turns out the tipper doesn’t entirely follow himself?

I agree, who really wants oil tho? Yeah it’s healthy, and it fries up some good bacon. I personally feel like it’s a waste of calories, I’d rather eat my fats. Also, this way helps ME avoid the whole bingeing idea. You should never not eat foods you enjoy, that’s not what I’m saying at all.

I never use oil to fry bacon. Haven't found a need to. I just put the bacon in the pan on medium heat, and once the fat in the bacon starts to melt which self-greases the pan, turn the heat up.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Oil isn't worth it to you, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth it to anyone. Sometimes I just want some vegetables roasted in olive oil or a salad topped with a vinaigrette. As long as it fits in my calories, why not?
  • fergusonjamillah
    fergusonjamillah Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just invest in a airfyer but read the comments and reviews till you find one thats worth it.
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options

This is the healthiest cooking spray you could buy, it says right on the back of the bottle. I use as little of the spray you could possibly use, everytime I cook. 1 bottle last me a week..

If that's a 200ml bottle like mine that's a lot of oil in a week???

I use an oil spray but only because I have a tendency to glug from a larger bottle and the spray is handier. Lost 40lb without it the first time round and I can't say it's making much difference getting rid of the 10lb regain.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Thankyou.

So while we’re offering ‘key tips’ here’s mine: if you really, really want something, then have it. Maybe that’ll require finding a way to lower the calories, or just having a tiny bit, or shuffling the rest of your day’s calories to accommodate; but really wanting one thing and eating other things instead just leads to misery and bingeing.

There, isn’t that better than a simplistic tip about spray fats that it turns out the tipper doesn’t entirely follow himself?

I agree, who really wants oil tho? Yeah it’s healthy, and it fries up some good bacon. I personally feel like it’s a waste of calories, I’d rather eat my fats. Also, this way helps ME avoid the whole bingeing idea. You should never not eat foods you enjoy, that’s not what I’m saying at all.

I never use oil to fry bacon. Haven't found a need to. I just put the bacon in the pan on medium heat, and once the fat in the bacon starts to melt which self-greases the pan, turn the heat up.

Turn oven to 400.
    Put a sheet of parchment on a rimmed sheet pan.
    Put bacon on parchment in a single layer, nearly touching.
    Bake 15-20 minutes, or until its the doneness you like.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Every time I use mine I log it as 9 calories. I've had the same can for two years now so judging by the comments here I'd say i'm estimating it properly.

You can use the spray time on the bottle 3x the amount of 1 serving of avocado oil/olive oil and still have around 20 less calories. Calorie friendly is great while calories are low

What are you calling a serving though? I can typically do most of my sauteing with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of oil. The only time I use a full Tbsp serving of oil is when I'm making a big batch of something that's going to end up being numerous servings.

I do use my avocado oil spray when I'm making eggs though.
  • NaturalGainsRecned
    Options
    All I was saying is that if you’re trying to cut calories and don’t want to get rid of certain foods you enjoy and are still using oil, switch to the spray. Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    All I was saying is that if you’re trying to cut calories and don’t want to get rid of certain foods you enjoy and are still using oil, switch to the spray. Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey

Thank you sir.