Thank you for being blunt and "rude"

Options
whierd
whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
There is a small minority of members here at MFP that give their time and knowledge daily to members less educated/informed that often go unthanked. They are often called mean, rude, nasty, and negative.

But to others, they are honest, blunt, and caring. Instead of blindly responding "That is a great idea!" "Everyone is different!" and "Just do what works for you," they respond with facts, challenge a person's preconceived notions, and give insightful opinions.

So thank you, less than appreciated heroes of MFP, for your time, caring, compassion, and awesomeness.

:drinker:

Replies

• Rompers616
    Rompers616 Posts: 307
    Options
    Yeah! ????????????????????
  • UndercoverAngel74
    UndercoverAngel74 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Some of us actually WANT the truth, not some sugar-coated version.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I find it funny... If we were really so "mean" we wouldn't post anything at all and just let people keep hurting themselves through ignorance. I am proud to be "blunt" in those situations.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    But this is supposed to be a community of support! I'm a special snowflake! YOU'RE BEING MEAN TO ALL OF US WHO TRY TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER!!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    definitely a big thank you to them. For without those people, I wouldn't have gotten where I did. 2-ish years later on MFP and I am healthy and happy in my skin.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Many of these mean horrible people challenged the way I viewed food (carbs specifically) and I bravely ventured into IIFYM and whatdoyaknow... IT WORKS, and it's way easier :P

Although delivery SEEMED harsh sometimes, facts and logic are hard to ignore. I'm open to anything that makes sense :)
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Yes. Thanks and cheers to all of those members. :drinker:
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I like meanies!! :drinker:
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    People hate to hear things that don't support what they want to do. People are ostensibly here to get healthier. If they don't like the advice that will help them get there then I lose interest in their 'journey' - short as it will be. This isn't a complicated thing we do...but the commitment is hard. Just believing yourself healthier isn't going to cut it!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Derisive thread is derisive. I want my rainbow pooping unicorns and 0 calorie cookies, and I want them NOW!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Sometimes the truth hurts, but we still need to hear it. Can I have some more chocolate now?
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Definitely. Without them I would not have stuck with it even for this long. :flowerforyou:
    And thank you, to you too, OP! You brighten my day often. :smile: :drinker:
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I always appreciate the cold hard truth!

Thank you, indeed.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    This isn't motivational to me!!!

REPORTED!!!
  • vicksg1973
    Options
    I'm glad that you enjoy bluntness, but some people don't. Like me!

I don't think taking care to phrase something in a less hurtful way is a bad thing.

The information given can be the same, whether it's given in a supportive way or a patronising/judgemental way.

But that's just me - happily on MFP there's room for everyone and long may it reign!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Agreed Thank you very much!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Yes thank you! You have given me perspective that has been invaluable. With out you I would not be where I am today!:drinker:
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: for all of them out there.

They are the ones that I learn the most from. No bs, just straight up truth and knowledge.