• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    *applauds*

Oh and pretend FR sent.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I think if I see another "I saw it on Dr. Oz" post, I'll self destruct.
    Geez.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I think if I see another "I saw it on Dr. Oz" post, I'll self destruct.
    Geez.
    But if people stop posting those, how are we supposed to get bingo?!
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    A few months ago I'd be confused at this thread.

Now I get it. The number of times you get somebody with their:

"I'm not losing weight! I mean I'm not logging or weighing or measuring what I eat but I'm kinda sure it's okay...I don't understand why I'm not losing weight!"

"I only like fried chicken, somebody help me with a diet! NO I won't try anything different. Also I don't want to feel hungry."

"So I read on the internet that if you drink a cup of vinegar with a pinch of cinnamon and protein poweder if helps burn off your fat cells from the inside. What do you think/ only reply if you agree"

Some people need a serious reality check. Some people need more gentle treatment, understood. But for most people, it's not psychological that they got to this place. They're just making poor decisions and need to be informed. Not everybody reacts well when they learn there are no miracles. Only hard work, getting out of your comfort zone and conscious efforts!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Inb4 mods lock this thread to cater to some butthurt pansy and ban op.
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Agree,with apoach is everything .you can make or break by your words .some are usefull and some are not .....some just go to far of the road for there message to be recieved in a positive constuctive way .those im not hearing but those that are blunt with some thought of what there wanting to get across ,those are the ones that will stick .
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    I want to take the time to thank the blunt/rude people who set me straight when i was eating under 1,000 calories...
    I am now doing fabulous on 1,543 (TDEE-25%) and 100g of protein a day and feel ****ing fantastic. Still losing weight but gaining muscle!
    THANK YOU
    THANK YOU
    THANK YOU
    THANK YOU
  • shortmomma81
    Options
    lol, you're a trip
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Inb4 mods lock this thread to cater to some butthurt pansy and ban op.

Lol. Agree with the OP. Blunt is good. The only reason something hurts is when it's true. No one gets their feelings hurt when something doesn't apply to them.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    A few months ago I'd be confused at this thread.

Now I get it. The number of times you get somebody with their:

"I'm not losing weight! I mean I'm not logging or weighing or measuring what I eat but I'm kinda sure it's okay...I don't understand why I'm not losing weight!"

"I only like fried chicken, somebody help me with a diet! NO I won't try anything different. Also I don't want to feel hungry."

"So I read on the internet that if you drink a cup of vinegar with a pinch of cinnamon and protein poweder if helps burn off your fat cells from the inside. What do you think/ only reply if you agree"

Some people need a serious reality check. Some people need more gentle treatment, understood. But for most people, it's not psychological that they got to this place. They're just making poor decisions and need to be informed. Not everybody reacts well when they learn there are no miracles. Only hard work, getting out of your comfort zone and conscious efforts!

nodding in total agreement.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I love all of my rude and blunt friends..
    Because I value HONESTY.... If you sugar coat something I don't always get it because I'm too busy licking the sugar..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    There is a small minority of members here at MFP that give their time and knowledge daily to members less educated/informed that often go unthanked. They are often called mean, rude, nasty, and negative.

But to others, they are honest, blunt, and caring. Instead of blindly responding "That is a great idea!" "Everyone is different!" and "Just do what works for you," they respond with facts, challenge a person's preconceived notions, and give insightful opinions.

So thank you, less than appreciated heroes of MFP, for your time, caring, compassion, and awesomeness.

:drinker:
    You're welcome.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mi589c8Nwe1qz4rgp.gif
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I love my blunt and rude friends... Hi Tim :flowerforyou:
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like the truth, but I don't like it delivered in a rude way.

Also, the truth is constant changing depending on who you ask.

Us humans were given communication skills for a reason, it's most effective to tailor your criticism to how you believe it will be received by the other person.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    917l.jpg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    917l.jpg

This needs to be MFP's banner.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    MrTear.gif
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Cheers! to the Meanies!!!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    yes. I agree. Many of them are on my FL, and they are far from mean. They are caring individuals who dont' want to see others suffer, and are out there working hard to debunk the myths, and help people get it right.