Less Alcohol - March 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,561 Member
    Options
    @BuffMom84 you never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice. (in reference to not thinking about drinking today)

Feeling your pain and hoping for a quick and easy move for you and your family.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,827 Member
    Options
    March accountability ~18 days so far
    No Alcohol: 10 days
    Alcohol: 8 days (14 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    Including the last few days of February to monitor my weekly goal which I missed this time around.
    Feb 25 - AF
    Feb 26 - 2 glasses of wine
    Feb 27 - AF
    Feb 28 - AF - @ fishing camp for long weekend which is always a challenge!
    Mar 1 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 2 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 3 - 2 glasses of wine - driving this evening 5 hrs but then unexpected dinner at my sisters afterwards for spaghetti & wine

It was a rough week of challenges but managed to pull together 4 of 7 days AF!
    Mar 4 - 2 glasses of wine - DH picked up a bottle for dinner
    Mar 5 - AF: Don’t order alcohol on plane even though you have free drink tickets! DH did but I ordered bloody mary mix instead. Then at dinner after we landed I drank water while he had wine.
    Mar 6 - 2 glasses of Albariño (white spanish wine). San Francisco: One glass at each restaurant we explored (Hog Island Oyster Co & Coqueta 5 Spanish tapas) and NO nightcap back at the hotel!
    Mar 7 - 1 beer - DH's sales rep had a beer waiting for me when I joined them after I strolled through the San Fran MOMA for 4 hours. No will power to turn it away when sitting in 3rd Street Tap Room.
    DH & I made a pact no alcohol for the rest of Lent which will commence for us Friday! This will be very challenging for the both of us.
    Mar 8 - AF
    Mar 9 - AF
    Mar 10 - AF

Easier this week ... fewer challenges and 5 of 7 days AF as a result.
    Mar 11 - AF
    Mar 12 - 2 glasses of wine - alumnae meeting
    Mar 13 - AF
    Mar 14 - AF
    Mar 15 - AF
    Mar 16 - 1 beer - Texas Street Grill after hiking
    Mar 17 - AF
    Challenging week ahead. NYC 3 nights & fishing camp 3 nights.
    Mar 18 - AF - Book Club
    Mar 19 - NYC
    Mar 20 - NYC
    Mar 21 - NYC
    Mar 22 - @ camp
    Mar 23 - @ camp
    Mar 24 - @ camp
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    BuffMom84 wrote: »
    Well today has been just horrible. My husband and I went to talk to a counselor to get started on buying a house. But later today we found out that the people who bought this duplex bought it for their kid to live in so we have to move out by May 1st. The real estate lady insisted even when I talked to her on Sunday that the people who bought this place didn't want to live in it. So now we have to find yet another duplex to move into and sign another lease that we don't want, setting us back an entire year. This is the 3rd time in 6 years this has happened to us. I'm so bummed out about it but at least I didn't think about drinking today. I'm too bummed even to drink!

You've had a rough couple of events happen to you in the short couple of months I have been here. I'm so sorry. It is good to hear that you are handling these things without getting sloshed on top of it. A clear head will be such a blessing. Hang in there.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    @marcvb35 So happy for you. Sounds like you are making progress.

I thought my goal was going to be 3 beers on week nights. That hasn't gone very well. I think my limit is two, which mentally to me seemed harder to do. But I know after 3 I am too loose in my thinking. Also, it may help to clear the fog in my brain. I am still feeling cruddy, head cold cruddy. Which made it easier to drink only two beers yesterday. Tonight is the only night this week I don't have something planned. It will be more challenging. But that is my goal. 2 beers. And yes, it does free up a lot of calories in my tracking :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    How to talk to a loved one about their drinking.

https://www.hellosundaymorning.org/2019/01/16/talk-loved-one-drinking
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!
    I’m trying to get up the nerve to start...

@sheriffbadass Welcome! Well done for speaking up. I learned that talking about what I wanted to do was a huge step. It's amazing what people can share if they hear what's on your mind.

You may have just done the hardest part! :smile:

Read the opening post of the thread for all sorts of tips. I'm sure you'll find something to suit where your thoughts are at at pretty much any stage you might be going through.