Less Alcohol - March 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    today’s plan. Don't buy a bottle.
    3/7 – well its been 34 hours without my whiskey.
    3/8 – 58 hours AF
    3/9 – AF
    3/10 – 1/5th whiskey
    3/11 - AF
    3/12 - AF
    3/13 – AF
    3/14 – AF
    3/15 – AF
    3/16 – AF
    3/17 – I plan on having drinks today after grocery shopping!
    3/18 – AF
    3/19 – AF
    3/20 – AF again yesterday.
    3/21 – AF yesterday!
    3/22 – AF yesterday
    3/23 – fricken AF last night again.
    3/24 – AF
    3/25 – AF
    3/26 – AF – I have noticed an un-controllable hunger on days without my adult beverage. So hungry!
    3/27 – AF – stick to the plan!!!
    3/28 – AF
    3/29 – 1.5 strong whiskey and waters. Not poured by myself.
    3/30 – AF on a Friday night.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    marcvb35 wrote: »
    3/30 – AF on a Friday night.

🍒win🍒win🍒win
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    March 01 - 3 drinks - yes, chose to do that because I have a free Saturday to sleep in, basically no responsibilities or commitments. I had a very busy week and it was so nice to finally kick back, have a great dinner and a few drinks.
    March 02 - AF
    March 03 - AF
    March 04 - AF
    March 05 - AF - technically my goal of 4AF for the week.
    March 06 - AF
    March 07 - 3 drinks
    March 08 - 3 drinks - time to rack up some more AF days. I think that I broke that good advice on here not to have drinks 2 days in a row. It too quickly can fall back into a habit that I don't want to go back to.
    March 09 - AF
    March 10 - AF
    March 11 - AF - now to get the scale to move!
    March 12 - AF - I really really wanted to have cocktails last night, but also didn't want to look puffy, so vanity won out : - )
    March 13 - 3 drinks. Those of you who have seen me on here before know that I throw up if I exceed 3 : - )
    March 14 - AF
    March 15 - AF - This is all about weight loss for me. Seriously, not a day goes by that I don't want to have drinks of one kind or another, but I want to lose weight more! Company coming, I don't know if I will imbibe or not, but I have been pretty "good" this month so far.
    March 16 - AF - Planning on drinks for Sunday
    March 17 - 2 Gin Martinis, 1/3 - 1/2 of a bottle of wine (shared between 3 people, but I might have had more than the other 2 people.
    March 18 - AF
    March 19 - AF
    March 20 - AF - Planned night out Thursday
    March 21 - Wine before and during dinner (2 glasses) 2 drinks later
    March 22 - AF
    March 23 - 2 drinks, 1 beer
    March 24 - AF
    March 25 - AF
    March 26 - AF
    March 27 - AF - Fighting way too hard to lose even 1 pound. As much as I enjoy drinks, I want to see the scale move even more.
    March 28 - AF - Slight progress on the scale, I don't want to undo that hard work by having drinks, but I might have a few over the weekend. This has been a good month with many AF days for me. Waking up and marking my night before on this forum helps immensely! I love reading everyone's posts each day.
    March 29 - 3 drinks. I am good with that.

21 AF days out of 29 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    I wish my computer at work would allow me to click the "like and hug, etc" buttons, but it won't. I have oh so much to say :) But little time....

Teri

I had to switch to Firefox Teri, and it works. I guess that MFP doesn't support all browsers...but it used to until like a week ago!
  • vmacdougal
    vmacdougal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was doing really well drinking less. My husband and I had a plan that we only drink when we are out, or have guests. But not the two of us at home. I also went backpacking for a week, and alcohol was just not available.

My husband quit our plan. Somehow he doesn’t get hangovers??? And also he needs alcohol to sleep. It is a chicken- egg thing for him, drinking and insomnia. So I can’t say with confidence that if he just sticks with it, he will be able to sleep.

I need to stay on the plan though. I felt so gross this morning. I can’t believe I used to do this every day. It is also high in calories.

I had one beer tonight, while a neighbor was dropping by. Two hours to bedtime.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    March accountability ~30 days so far
    No Alcohol: 16 days
    Alcohol: 14 days (27 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    What a big change in my life … 2016-2018 I could not count my AF days … it was 2-5 glasses per night or other drink usually 6-7 nights per week. Loving the change I’ve made in 2019 and it is helping the numbers on the scale go down.

Including the last few days of February to monitor my weekly goal which I missed this time around.
    Feb 25 - AF
    Feb 26 - 2 glasses of wine
    Feb 27 - AF
    Feb 28 - AF - @ fishing camp for long weekend which is always a challenge!
    Mar 1 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 2 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 3 - 2 glasses of wine - driving this evening 5 hrs but then unexpected dinner at my sisters afterwards for spaghetti & wine

It was a rough week of challenges but managed to pull together 4 of 7 days AF!
    Mar 4 - 2 glasses of wine - DH picked up a bottle for dinner
    Mar 5 - AF: Don’t order alcohol on plane even though you have free drink tickets! DH did but I ordered bloody mary mix instead. Then at dinner after we landed I drank water while he had wine.
    Mar 6 - 2 glasses of Albariño (white spanish wine). San Francisco: One glass at each restaurant we explored (Hog Island Oyster Co & Coqueta 5 Spanish tapas) and NO nightcap back at the hotel!
    Mar 7 - 1 beer - DH's sales rep had a beer waiting for me when I joined them after I strolled through the San Fran MOMA for 4 hours. No will power to turn it away when sitting in 3rd Street Tap Room.
    DH & I made a pact no alcohol for the rest of Lent which will commence for us Friday! This will be very challenging for the both of us.
    Mar 8 - AF
    Mar 9 - AF
    Mar 10 - AF

Easier this week ... fewer challenges and 5 of 7 days AF as a result.
    Mar 11 - AF
    Mar 12 - 2 glasses of wine - alumnae meeting
    Mar 13 - AF
    Mar 14 - AF
    Mar 15 - AF
    Mar 16 - 1 beer - Texas Street Grill after hiking
    Mar 17 - AF

Challenging week ahead. NYC 3 nights & fishing camp 3 nights.
    Mar 18 - AF - Book Club
    Mar 19 - 1 glass wine @ dinner NYC (none on plane)
    Mar 20 - 3 glasses wine - NYC; carafe of wine for 3 people @ John’s Pizzeria Times Square, then another glass at rooftop bar which I should have skipped
    Mar 21 - 2 glasses wine - NYC; HH at Fig & Olive
    Mar 22 - AF @ camp
    Mar 23 - AF @ camp
    Mar 24 - 1 beer @ camp
    This week has been easier with the exception of the slip on Wednesday night. Still hard to stop drinking wine when the bottle is open & not empty!
    Mar 25 - AF
    Mar 26 - AF
    Mar 27 - 4 glasses of wine. Blew my plan. 2 glasses there and then 2 more at home with DH later in the evening. Sisterhood Wine Wednesday HH @ Off the Vine Bistro (I’m in charge of the event): Plan 1 glass wine
    Mar 28 - AF
    Mar 29 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 30 - AF - made my monthly goal of 16 AF days in March! Family had wine & cosmos this evening but I stuck with my Peace Caddyshack Tea :)
    Mar 31 -
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    March accountability ~31 days so far
    No Alcohol: 17 days
    Alcohol: 14 days (27 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    What a big change in my life … 2016-2018 I could not count my AF days … it was 2-5 glasses per night or other drink usually 6-7 nights per week. Loving the change I’ve made in 2019 and it is helping the numbers on the scale go down.

Including the last few days of February to monitor my weekly goal which I missed this time around.
    Feb 25 - AF
    Feb 26 - 2 glasses of wine
    Feb 27 - AF
    Feb 28 - AF - @ fishing camp for long weekend which is always a challenge!
    Mar 1 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 2 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 3 - 2 glasses of wine - driving this evening 5 hrs but then unexpected dinner at my sisters afterwards for spaghetti & wine

It was a rough week of challenges but managed to pull together 4 of 7 days AF!
    Mar 4 - 2 glasses of wine - DH picked up a bottle for dinner
    Mar 5 - AF: Don’t order alcohol on plane even though you have free drink tickets! DH did but I ordered bloody mary mix instead. Then at dinner after we landed I drank water while he had wine.
    Mar 6 - 2 glasses of Albariño (white spanish wine). San Francisco: One glass at each restaurant we explored (Hog Island Oyster Co & Coqueta 5 Spanish tapas) and NO nightcap back at the hotel!
    Mar 7 - 1 beer - DH's sales rep had a beer waiting for me when I joined them after I strolled through the San Fran MOMA for 4 hours. No will power to turn it away when sitting in 3rd Street Tap Room.
    DH & I made a pact no alcohol for the rest of Lent which will commence for us Friday! This will be very challenging for the both of us.
    Mar 8 - AF
    Mar 9 - AF
    Mar 10 - AF

Easier this week ... fewer challenges and 5 of 7 days AF as a result.
    Mar 11 - AF
    Mar 12 - 2 glasses of wine - alumnae meeting
    Mar 13 - AF
    Mar 14 - AF
    Mar 15 - AF
    Mar 16 - 1 beer - Texas Street Grill after hiking
    Mar 17 - AF

Challenging week ahead. NYC 3 nights & fishing camp 3 nights.
    Mar 18 - AF - Book Club
    Mar 19 - 1 glass wine @ dinner NYC (none on plane)
    Mar 20 - 3 glasses wine - NYC; carafe of wine for 3 people @ John’s Pizzeria Times Square, then another glass at rooftop bar which I should have skipped
    Mar 21 - 2 glasses wine - NYC; HH at Fig & Olive
    Mar 22 - AF @ camp
    Mar 23 - AF @ camp
    Mar 24 - 1 beer @ camp
    This week has been easier with the exception of the slip on Wednesday night. Still hard to stop drinking wine when the bottle is open & not empty!
    Mar 25 - AF
    Mar 26 - AF
    Mar 27 - 4 glasses of wine. Blew my plan. 2 glasses there and then 2 more at home with DH later in the evening. Sisterhood Wine Wednesday HH @ Off the Vine Bistro (I’m in charge of the event): Plan 1 glass wine
    Mar 28 - AF
    Mar 29 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 30 - AF - made my monthly goal of 16 AF days in March! Family had wine & cosmos this evening but I stuck with my Peace Caddyshack Tea :)
    Mar 31 - AF

See everyone on the April thread!!!! Congrats for all of our March successes and attempts at setting our own limits.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Just as I thought, right on que. A craving to buy a bottle of red wine.

Fantasizing about sitting back and drinking the whole bottle, quite happily. But.....

All the calories.....600 to be precise. Empty calories.

I would be annoyed in the morning, when I feel like crap.

It's about £9 a bottle !

It's not a special occasion, just a Saturday.

I want to stay level headed as I want to continue with my housework over haul tomorrow, done a good bit of cleaning today and house looks nice. So plan to carry on tomorrow.

Happy Saturday everyone! 🤗🌻

Love love love
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Good Morning,
    I wish my computer at work would allow me to click the "like and hug, etc" buttons, but it won't. I have oh so much to say :) But little time....

Teri

I had to switch to Firefox Teri, and it works. I guess that MFP doesn't support all browsers...but it used to until like a week ago!

Thanks for the tip!! I will try that
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    marcvb35 wrote: »
    I all by myself set up my rules for March 6 - April 18 ---- I brought this all on myself!!!!!

yet - I am so darn thirsty!!!

rules
    #1. and most important - don't buy a bottle every day after work for home.
    2. only allowed to drink freely on Sundays.
    3. I can drink responsibly on date night out or social events.
    4. don't ask for a drink. but if its offered think twice about your answer.
    5. don't complain about being sober. (I am failing at this when there is drinking in my house without me)
    6. if I can not sleep follow your rule of just laying in bed all night. this is very hard for me!!!
    7. learn willpower, resist temptation, and hopefully pass a medical physical

today is 21 AF days out of 25 days... and no easier then Day #1

See you all on Monday morning.

Damn!!! GOOD FOR YOU for sticking with the rules!!! THAT is a lot to be proud of!