Tongue Patch Surgery ...for Weight Loss

Options
Saw this on yahoo and I am stumped for words. What will we think of next? Apparently this is supposed to make you lose 18 to 20 lbs in a month because basically eating solid foods becomes too painful. "Plastic mesh, meant for hernia repair, is sewn onto the tongue, making eating solid food painful, if not impossible..“As you’re swallowing, say, a cheeseburger or something, that tongue is pushing things up against the roof of the mouth and back into the throat,” explained Chugay. “And so while it's doing that, it's going to basically be uncomfortable if you have that on top of the sutures, which are basically fishing line. So now you have two little sharp points on the tongue, rubbing up against the top of the mouth, and it’s going to be uncomfortable.”

I have seen so many crazy schemes being thrown around the place and I truly wonder to myself if the world has gone mad.

Replies

• buffyfan22
    Options
    Lol, wow. Honestly, I don't know if to laugh or be sad about it... If people are stupid enough to do it, then so be it...
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good grief. You might as well just staple your face shut. :noway:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    well this proves it. Chocolate milk shakes and melted ice cream is part of the healthy diet that'll make me lose weight!
  • oboeadam
    oboeadam Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That's completely revolting.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    ....they could just get a tongue piercing instead.

Works the same way, except you get to put fancy jewelry in it and people flirt with you a lot because they think you're into oral.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    If it is not medically necessary then I do not need it.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    well this proves it. Chocolate milk shakes and melted ice cream is part of the healthy diet that'll make me lose weight!

:laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    This would not be good for oral sex.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Saw this on yahoo and I am stumped for words. What will we think of next? Apparently this is supposed to make you lose 18 to 20 lbs in a month because basically eating solid foods becomes too painful.

4194110+_113f7ea1bbe702769d25ef64a9eb672c.gif
  • lcransaw
    lcransaw Posts: 95
    Options
    I have heard it all. I knew a girl that got her mouth wired and was on a juice diet. I will say that the pounds melted off, FAST, but as soon as she started eating food again, the weight came right back. Why torture yourself. People will have to learn and accept that there is no easy shortcut to losing weight. You have to put in the work and put down the extra calories. Simple. Took me a while to get it though.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Speechless...wow.... a little bit of control does wonders...
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    OMG. I have never heard of this, people are really stupid sometimes..
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    This would not be good for oral sex.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

*winces* Hadn't thought of that.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    517809460_c_large.jpg

This looks totally worth it!!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
  • silverburk
    Options
    I just saw this on FB this morning and just the picture alone was revolting. Besides as mentioned above, you can still find ways around eating solid foods and gain weight, like chocolate milk shakes etc. lol

Oh, and I have a tongue ring... doesn't keep me from shoving food in my face. ;)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I prefer to burn the roof of my mouth with pizza every few days.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    :huh:

I will stick with my tongue ring.. Thank you very much...
  • VaneenHarra
    VaneenHarra Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I prefer to burn the roof of my mouth with pizza every few days.

LoL, I agree.

If you can endure that kind of mouth punishment pain...you can surely endure a few hunger pains/pangs.