Replies

• red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    heard about this a couple years ago i think. Dont think it is too popular
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I prefer to burn the roof of my mouth with pizza every few days.

Or Captain Crunch. That will skin the roof of my mouth any day.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This makes me so sad. So sad that people are resorting to this to lose weight, so sad that they'll go through this and most likely gain the weight back, and so sad that the diet industry and doctors would even suggest this as a way to lose weight. :-(
  • Colombianmocha
    Options
    The really sad part of this is that people are actually trying it - the doctor in the article refers to his 81st patient!!! :huh:
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Unbelivable!!! Why not just get the mouth wired shut?
  • crazylilrae
    crazylilrae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Haha, figures. This doctor's offices are in California....
  • lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    2 grand for this seems crazy. For a grand I will come to your house and smack you around for a month each time you try and eat something unhealthy.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    2 grand for this seems crazy. For a grand I will come to your house and smack you around for a month each time you try and eat something unhealthy.

Only a grand for a month of food policing? It's a deal! Seriously, you could charge $5k a month and offer "live-in diet coaching" and people would probably hire you. Might be a new business venture.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Unbelivable!!! Why not just get the mouth wired shut?

Had that done for 7 weeks due to oral re-constructive surgery. I wouldn't recommend that to my worst enemy (nor this stupid patch). If anyone came near me with solid food, I wanted to punch them square in the face.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Dangerous. very dangerous. What happens when a person needs to vomit? what happens if the net comes loose and chokes you. What happens when it causes bleeding from being too tight?

the things people will do out of desperation, rather than choose better food choices.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    ....they could just get a tongue piercing instead.

Works the same way, except you get to put fancy jewelry in it and people flirt with you a lot because they think you're into oral.

Ummm..no. I don't know where you've been going to see/experience this but a tongue piercing is nothing like what the OP is talking about.
  • somanyrhoades
    somanyrhoades Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    the video also mentions that the people are on a stickt 800 calories a day restriction. why even bother with the tongue patch if you are just going to starve yourself anyways? People are really ridiculous and the fact that this is touted by a health care professional makes me so mad. People put a lot of trust in their doctors, makes me feel like this guy is abusing his position.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    the video also mentions that the people are on a stickt 800 calories a day restriction. why even bother with the tongue patch if you are just going to starve yourself anyways? People are really ridiculous and the fact that this is touted by a health care professional makes me so mad. People put a lot of trust in their doctors, makes me feel like this guy is abusing his position.

So they are restricting their calories anyhow? Well um... what is the purpose of the patch if they aren't eating anyhow? This is seriously pretty disturbing.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    going to such desperate measures seems like food can have a huge strong hold on poeple.. the fact that people have to resort to maiming their bodies, putting it in danger, thats terrible.

We gotta get ahold of the food controlling us.. i mean really, who puts the food in our mouth - our own hands (unless your are disabled in some way, then others feed you)..

but for most of us, we put that dang food in our dang mouth. we choose to put candy and donuts in the shopping cart. our feet drive us to the Popeyes chicken, no one else.

Conquer the food and you wont need to maim your body!!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Wow unbelievable.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ....they could just get a tongue piercing instead.

Works the same way, except you get to put fancy jewelry in it and people flirt with you a lot because they think you're into oral.

Ummm..no. I don't know where you've been going to see/experience this but a tongue piercing is nothing like what the OP is talking about.

This. If anything, with most piercings in the mouth/lips you can't really eat many solid foods for a while. But that doesn't prevent you from consuming jamba juice or starbucks to your hearts content.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Wow...that is really horrific!
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    They should try my diet... ostomy bag and only having half of your intestines! It really slims you down fast!
    I actually get my colon out in a month soo there goes another 2lbs during surgery right there.
    I should market this to Jenny Craig! I could make millions!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    This kind of thing makes me hate people.
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    I can only think of how many lawsuits are going to result from unforeseen side effects...