Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What was your February like??

What was good: I just looked at my health app and I had a great month in terms of workouts. I reached my pre-set daily move goals about 5 days a week and burned 8,321 calories during logged strength and cardio workouts this month!

What I can improve: more days under my calorie goal!

How did your month go?

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Up two pounds, down three pounds. All month long :s

Exercise is not an issue. I'm consistently lifting heavy 5 days a week.

• CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    Sounds like a net loss overall though! And good for you. I love lifting these days. Isn’t it such a confidence booster?
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    good. after a frustrating jan and not loving my workouts i am back to enjoyment: especially the lighter and warmer evenings for running. Back to loving netball, CrossFit and running again. need to work out my calories to fuel the work but also loose a little christmas excess that is hanging around (1-2kg max!)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Feb started well till i picked up a niggle... currently resting from my half marathon training plan which is booooooooooooring! :grumble:
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Great month for me far as exercise goes. Only a couple of lbs lost, but I'm close to goal so it's good.

The bad - Got to get off my own back about progress. I am seriously my own worst enemy sometimes. :#
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    It's February? I thought it was still January. Well that pretty much sums mine up :D:s
  • CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    this month power walked 70.6 miles. burning 51000 calories <3

That’s AMAZING!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    In February, I finally got back to doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I got back on to MFP (and USING IT), moving more, drinking less, and eat balanced meals. I also joined Noom which has been nice for the accountability but doesn't involved a lot of time.

Thanks to all of this, I'm down 10lbs in the first 18 days. I know that this isn't sustainable and once I figure out how to plan for breakfast better, my calories will be where they are supposed to be. But all of this makes me excited for the month of March!!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Stressful in a word. Was waiting on the Feds (after the shutdown) to Process my taxes to close on our new house near Tucson. Rented our current house in Ohio and had to catch up on a couple years of small "honey do's" I had put off, all while packing and prepping for a move and decluttering. Also hiring handymen as well.

Wife cleaned out below her vanity and set a makeup bag on my scale and killed the batteries!

I'm stressed to the hilt but have managed (for the most part) to eat OK and keep up exercising. I'm sure my BP is a little up this month, though. Will all be worth it in two weeks!

I'm a very boring, routine guy and so are my animals. Likely why they love me so much. We now have to get five animals across country. Will be very glad to get back to my boring *kitten* self.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Crappy...I fractured my patella on the 9th ice skating with my kids and am just now being able to get on the bike, but I can't go very long before my knee starts tiring.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Feb went well. Lost 5.3 pounds - just about right on track. Hiked over 50 miles. I also had a ten day illness to deal with... So not too shabby.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    A mixture.

Positive:
    Record breaking warm February temperatures towards the end of the month meant I've been able to cycle outdoors far more than usual which has been great as it was unexpected, normally it's dull indoor training at this time of year. Also had a brilliant two days riding in Tenerife while on holiday, inspired me to plan more rides abroad.

Negative:
    Aggravated a lumbar disc and had to almost completely stop strength training, just as I had got to a higher level than I've managed for a few years. Frustrating and painful.

Neutral:
    Gained 8lbs in a week on an all-inclusive holiday (mostly, but not all, water weight). Lost 7lbs again.

Exercise calories - a lot? (19,000 roughly?)
    pxgpnfl1k83q.png
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Here is my February...

4q1qnchrh9y9.png

p7ptj8bkq6kt.png

• an0393na
    an0393na Posts: 840 Member
    Only lost 1kg
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Mine was suprisingly good. I used MFP every single day to track my eating and lost 15 lbs, something that's usually taken me several months to do in the past. I was thrilled to learn that I'm not insulin resistant or pre-diabetic despite having PCOS. I gave up gluten and sugar and lived to tell about it.
  • natedogg076
    natedogg076 Posts: 4 Member
    I stayed relatively consistent, i got taller and my bmi got better to.
  • natedogg076
    natedogg076 Posts: 4 Member
    Btw i am diabetic anything i could do to lose more weight?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    17,750 calories (probably understated) over 35 hours with 12,000 feet of elevation gain. 100 miles skiing and 33 cycling.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    February:
    Lost 4lbs
    Started the 100 ab challenge, currently finished day 5.