Maintaining weight and losing fat

Good evening to everyone. I'm a male, 70kg/154lbs, 176cm/5'9'' tall. I have lost 6kg/13.2lbs since January 1st. I was doing cardio 2-4 times/week, and weight lifting 2-4 times/week. I was trying to eat healthy, around 1600-1800 calories per day.

Because I don't want to lose more kilograms, I want to maintain my weight, but I still want to lose some fat. So could anyone help me with some of my questions?

1. How many calories should I 'eat' per day?
2. Because I'm a student, I usually have 1 meal per day in a restaurant (soup, salad and main corse). Is that okay or do I have to cook everything?
3. For breakfast I usually have some whole wheat bread with peanut butter, for dinner mostly cottage cheese, tuna or some eggs, my between meals are usually orange, strawberries, white grapes wit fat free skyr, greek yogurt or something like that, is that okay?
4. Any advices?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Definitely read the link above, it's all the info you need and then some. But the short version is - set yourself up here with a goal of maintenance, eat all your calories, log consistently and as accurately as possible, and lift heavy things.
  • ninorecek
    ninorecek Posts: 4 Member
    thanks to both!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited February 2019
    1. At or around whatever number is your weight maintenance level of calories. (Your recent rate of weight loss will give you a big clue what that number may be but you may have to experiment a bit.)
    2. Yes it's OK. (You could eat all your food there but that would be dull.)
    3. Yes that's OK. (Lots of other different food choices are OK too.)
    4. Lighten up a bit! What you are describing is a perfectly normal process. Used to be just called "getting in shape" before it got labelled "recomp". Your progress will be driven my your training so train hard, train consistently, train smartly.

• ninorecek
    @sijomial

My tdee is 2046 calories per day (with sedentary activity). So if I lift weights about 45 minutes per say, I can add some calories to my daily income? And if I do carido with 300 calories burned, I can eat around 2300 calories per day?

Thanks for your responde.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    ninorecek wrote: »
    @sijomial

My tdee is 2046 calories per day (with sedentary activity). So if I lift weights about 45 minutes per say, I can add some calories to my daily income? And if I do carido with 300 calories burned, I can eat around 2300 calories per day?

Thanks for your responde.

Remember TDEE includes exercise in the estimate already.

Where are you getting your numbers from?
    If your daily goal is from MyFitnessPal that number is not your average TDEE, it's an estimate for a day with no purposeful exercise.

It's because your exercise isn't factored into your daily goal that you get to log your exercise and get credited with an estimate for the calorie burn.

Assuming 2046 is from MFP - yes when you exercise log it and eat those calories. Strength training can also (slightly confusingly!) be logged but in the Cardiovascular part of your diary - just log the total duration.
    Do that consistently for a month and then you can fine tune if required.
  • ninorecek
    Thank you! :smiley: