Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Not seeing results

2»

Replies

• maipanashe
    maipanashe Posts: 1 Member
    OldAssDude wrote: »
    Did you stop losing weight when you started exercising more?

If so, it could be partly do to your muscles holding onto more water.

Also, make sure you are logging your food accurately, and only count half of your exercise calories.

I’m in the same boat as OP. Could you please explain what you mean by ‘only count half of your exercise calories’? Thank you.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,027 Member
    maipanashe wrote: »
    OldAssDude wrote: »
    Did you stop losing weight when you started exercising more?

If so, it could be partly do to your muscles holding onto more water.

Also, make sure you are logging your food accurately, and only count half of your exercise calories.

I’m in the same boat as OP. Could you please explain what you mean by ‘only count half of your exercise calories’? Thank you.

Exercise estimates can often be over-exaggerated, so eating back only a portion of those calories is supposed to kind of counter-act that. So you start with eating about half back and after about a month see if your loss goes as expected or not.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    vindidj wrote: »
    You have received an abundance of good advice here. I would underscore that accounting your calories accurately (weighing food and exercise burn) is critically important. Maintaining a calorie deficit is key to progress, especially in the face of a weight loss plateau. The other side of this equation is that you MUST appropriately fuel your body to fully take advantage of your exercise.

Our bodies are constantly trying to maintain homeostasis and will quickly fall into a metabolic routine that blunts progress unless we provide stimulus to do otherwise. I would suggest exploring intermittent fasting as a possible option to shake up your eating routine. Taking a whole 24 hours off can be challenging, but I have used 8/16 fasting to disrupt stalled weight loss and found it much more approachable. Some people maintain an 8/16 fasting routine all the time. The other suggestion I would add is to reassess your hydration. It sounds like you have a frequent physical activity routine. Be sure to aggressively hydrate during and after exercise to maximize the benefits of exercise in terms of both strength/endurance and weight loss.

Above all, don't give up! Ten pounds of weight loss is solid progress. Keep up the good work! Thanks for posting! Good luck!

So you're saying the 1000 calories I burned on my run this morning will be magically replaced by my body because I've been doing the same run and eating the same way for years? How is this possible? Links to research please.