Tired all the time!

Options
13»

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I live in Northern Ireland so as much as I would like to see the sun the sun doesn't like to see us lol
    I just thought since I had my blood tested all that would show up. Il try taking more iron and vit D.
    Yea im guna log it all from now on. I need too to try and get sorted its soooo annoying !
    My exercise is pretty patchy also so il try and get a routine and actually stick to it and maybe that will help.

Your doc said your iron levels are fine, right? Did she also test your vit D? I would be very careful upping either, especially through supplements, without a doctor's supervision. Iron especially has quite a low toxicity level, and vitamin D is an oil-soluble vitamin, which means your body has a harder time expelling excess, meaning you can build up toxic levels. (In comparison, water solubles like Vitamin C can be easily expelled in your pee).

Now back to your main question, I agree with others about your protein intake. First of all, since your diet is vegetarian, make sure you are familiar with complementary proteins. Do some research about food combinations that will give you all the essential amino acids (you may not need to eat them in the same meal, but at least in the same day). Make sure that you don't eat simple carbs and starches without fat or protein to help moderate the blood sugar spikes that otherwise happen with sugar intake … the following crashes can often leave you feeling tired. Watch your overall nutrition … eating something that fits in your calories is fine, but it's better to make sure it fits your macros, and make sure that you are getting the adequate nutrition (micronutrients) before you fill too many calories with treats.

About your sleep -- are you sure that you aren't waking at least partly in the night? Many people with sleep apnea don't even realize how many times they wake up (you said you don't snore … do you know that from someone you share a room with?). A sleep study might be a good idea if nothing else gives improvement.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Yea iv asked my partner about the snoring. He sleeps well thought were I would wake more at odd noises during the night, im going to ask the doc about a sleep study! Does it cost anything? Im in the UK has anyone had it done here?
    I will call up and ask the doc about my vit D levels, magnesium and double check if she think I need to take Iron although that was fine in the bloods.
    Im pretty sure water couldnt be a problem with the amount of it and teas I drink a day.
    I tried less carbs yesterday and it seemed to help but that was only one day so going to try and stick to that or more complex carbs when I eat them for the next say two weeks.

Was wondering how long before you go to bed you should exercise as I read that going to bed too soon after can cause problems??

Again thanks everyone some really interesting stuff for me to look into !!
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I posted this in food and nutrition but this seems a better place maybe ??

Not sure if this is in the right place but I need help!
    I need foods or suggestions to boost my energy levels, I don't really want to resort to energy drinks n caffeine pills !!
    I'm exhausted! Like I go to bed at around 10 and struggle to get up for work (I start at 8 am) to be fair I normally wake up around 4.30 am - 5 am then fall back to sleep till the alarm goes off. I don't feel fresh and awake at that time thought that's why I don't get up.
    I normally get very tired after I eat my lunch and would nap if I could, which I don't like it makes me feel gross when I wake, if I don't nap I struggle all day to stay awake and have actually fell asleep in work at my desk a couple of times!
    Iv been to the doctors and had bloods done, since im veggie I figured it could be to do with that but nope! Bloods are fine all great B12, Iron ect and she was very impressed with my folic intake. My thyroid is fine so is my blood count and something else is grand that I cant remember the name of lol. Glad im fine but it doesn't help me with why im tired! My doctor told me "its just life" not impressed with that, like I could be driving and going to myself "if I fall asleep im going to die" and still need to pull over.
    Sorry for the long rant its just soooo annoying and its effecting my relationship now. My partner thinks im lazy and complains when I go to bed early saying I do nothing but go to bed!

Ask your Dr to test you for mononucleosis.
  • andypandy1109
    andypandy1109 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    sooo glad you have been checked out as that would have been my first comment....lack of protien may be a factor and its a while since i ate veggie food choose protien style veggie foods..i did stop eating red meat for a couple fo years but was always hungry and tired so went back to it for that reason.

look to the superfoods...start your day with oats and blueberries there is a list on here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/alikatu/view/superfoods-list-2013-474519.

also and not sure you can...but after i had had flu i had no energy at all and i got ABC vitimins at Holland and Barrett i am sure they will conform to veggie but you would have to ask in store....these pulled me together in 3 weeks and i have taken them after illness since for an engery boost