Keto diet with MFP

Options
supah11
supah11 Posts: 71 Member
I have edited my macros intake here in MFP. So does it mean that following the targeted macros and eating the allowed food for keto diet will help me with weight loss? Like no meal prep at all. Example, I'll eat eggs for breakfast then whatevers listed on the allowed food for the keto diet till i reach my targeted macros?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I've never heard of any specific foods being not allowed. You just keep your net carbs under a certain amount. I don't do keto because I have no interest in limiting carbs, but it's discussed here all the time.

Perhaps you should join the low carbers group here and do more research. All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit, but some folks find low carb or keto makes it easier for them.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    You still have to stay close to your suggested calories. Keto will only work for weight loss if you are eating fewer calories than your body needs to maintain its current weight.

Low carb forum:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    supah11 wrote: »
    I have edited my macros intake here in MFP. So does it mean that following the targeted macros and eating the allowed food for keto diet will help me with weight loss? Like no meal prep at all. Example, I'll eat eggs for breakfast then whatevers listed on the allowed food for the keto diet till i reach my targeted macros?

Targeted macros won't help you lose weight if you are over on calories.

Some people find the restrictiveness of keto helps them reduce calories without much thought to logging (or portion control). But, others have actually gained weight using keto. Logging and portion control may very well be necessary for you. Time will tell.