Best tasting protein powder?

Options
I don't care how much it costs all I'm looking for is a vanilla that doesn't taste like crap, that is relatively high protein and reasonably low calorie. No dietary restrictions so any kind is ok.

Replies

• LotusPotus75
    LotusPotus75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Beverly International Ultimate Muscle Protein, hands down. I've tried them all. Graham cracker flavor is awesome as well.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    I've been a big fan of MyProtein for years now. I'm told their vanilla flavors are a little polarizing though. You can buy very cost effective samples of the flavors they offer to try before buying a full bag. Doesn't mix quite as well in water via a shaker cups as Optimum but does ok at about 8oz water per scoop and really well in any bullet-type blender if you're using more than two scoops. I prefer their "Natural Vanilla" to their regular vanilla flavor but either is pretty good IMO. Direct-to-consumer (not MLM or available at B&Ms) which I find convenient and haven't been able to beat the price point, even without their regular sales.

MyProtein.com

****Not a paid endorsement, simply a satisfied customer.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the vanilla flavor, but my go to is usually Trutein. You can usually order samples from their website if you wanted to try it out without dropping a bunch of money on a tub of something that ends up tasting like glue.
  • Iain__Fraser
    Iain__Fraser Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard whey is the best out there, in my opinion.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    PEScience and Quest have been my two favorite ones so far.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I've had Gold Standard, Muscle Pharm and Syntha6. By far Syntha6 is the best tasting among those three. I generally don't add anything but water just for convenience and with the Syntha6 that's all you need to get a great tasting drink.

https://www.gobsn.com/en-us/product/syntha6

Of course it's one of the higher calorie ones too, at 200 per serving. Maybe that's why it's so delicious? :/
  • kenb129
    kenb129 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really like the chocolate Elevation brand found at Aldi, I'm guessing the vanilla is probably decent too.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Jay Robb Whey Protein powder. I haven't tried many, though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    OdditiesC wrote: »
    Any flavored processed whey protein isolate powder is high in calories ... the sugar is just there, EliteLabs for example...choose ones with no added active ingredients then just add vanilla extract; Nitro-Tech Whey Gold for example - with bonus BCAAs and glutamine. Basically anything with good reviews that is micro-filtered with at least 25g protein per scoop then mix it with the liquid of your choice, be creative...

My ON Whey Isolate is only 140 calories and only 1 gram of sugar.

As to the OP, I think this is going to be subjective given everyone is going to have different tastes. My favorite is ON Whey Isolate Chocolate...YMMV
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I can't handle protein powders that are thick and taste like milkshakes. I can only drink Syntrax Nectar's Roadside lemonade mixed with a can of minute maid light. It's light and refreshing.

100cal - 0f/0c/23p
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    1stPhorm has a chocolate mint that tastes like those girl scout thin mint cookies. My cheaper option I go with is ON Whey extreme milk chocolate.
  • clyn90
    clyn90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I can't handle protein powders that are thick and taste like milkshakes. I can only drink Syntrax Nectar's Roadside lemonade mixed with a can of minute maid light. It's light and refreshing.

100cal - 0f/0c/23p

This sounds like it wouild be right up my alley thank you
  • NaturalGainsRecned
    NaturalGainsRecned Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    clyn90 wrote: »
    I don't care how much it costs all I'm looking for is a vanilla that doesn't taste like crap, that is relatively high protein and reasonably low calorie. No dietary restrictions so any kind is ok.

NutraBio Muscle Matrix Alpine Vanilla, or Tahitian Vanilla Bean ProJym
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Quest is pretty good but expensive (you get what you pay for though)...if I were in your shoes, I would probably opt for using something like Optimum Nutrition or myprotein source & just throw in some artificial sweeteners like the following:
    r70imn0qm9zs.png
    qyu2k68c2ygy.png
    I'll throw these in with zero fat greek yogurt for some taste
  • WC1982
    WC1982 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Dymatize, optimum nutrition, and quest are my favorites
  • From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    GaryRuns wrote: »
    I've had Gold Standard, Muscle Pharm and Syntha6. By far Syntha6 is the best tasting among those three. I generally don't add anything but water just for convenience and with the Syntha6 that's all you need to get a great tasting drink.

https://www.gobsn.com/en-us/product/syntha6

Of course it's one of the higher calorie ones too, at 200 per serving. Maybe that's why it's so delicious? :/

Syntha6 is so good. Definitely worth the extra calories.
  • ttchopp
    ttchopp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I buy the MyProtein banana flavored isolate and mix it one scoop per 32 oz jug of CarbMaster vanilla yogurt. Half at lunch and half at dinner. Comes out to about 35 grams protein each serving. Mix a few berries or whatever in. Tastes good to me.
  • tazroni
    tazroni Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have tried several different types of protein shakes and the best I have found is Jamieson essential protein powder, its a small container, 12 servings. Comes in vanilla and chocolate, both are good. The vanilla one I sometimes change it up a bit and add whatever fresh or frozen fruit I have on hand. I have never tired of this shake and it gives you your daily amount of vitamins with no after taste