Idealistic body goal

Options
..assuming you are anything like me, I had a Hollywood star who I thought was the most beautiful woman- I wanted to look like her when I grew up.

Lots say Barbie was an influence for them.

My dream/goal physique has always been Catheryn Zeta-Jones. Badass, elegant and just gorgeous to me. As I have finally begun to see some impact on my years of pushing towards a more active and healthy lifestyle, over the last 10 years or so, I think I can finally say I am ready to start seriously pushing to try and get my body into shape as hers is.

.... I don't mean plastic surgery or trying to force my physique to match hers perfectly, but I can workout to try and attain a similar level of toned and such. I love dancing and running on the elliptical, which ironically are two things she loves to do too! Ha! I am already halfway there! :P

Does anyone else have a body-type/person whom they get motivated to keep pushing forwards towards, as best as they can?

Replies

• Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yea, I saw Zeta-Jones in Zorro... fell in love with her. Wanted to be able to pull off her outfits haha.

Then later I saw her in No Reservation and loved how she pulled off regular everyday clothing too aha.

(My physique aligns with clothing of women I admire in shows/ movies lol. I have a style I love but never want myself to wear until I looked a certain way. ... I am touching it's edges now and am absolutely stoked about it!)
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily think I wanted to look just like her, but I always thought Alyssa Milano was very pretty.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I feel like I spend too long looking at men, lol. I can't think of any women that I admired for long enough to recall a particular person. I would definitely admire as I saw them, but I don't recall a woman's body that I stuck to.
  • Dukare
    Options
    I feel like I spend too long looking at men, lol. I can't think of any women that I admired for long enough to recall a particular person. I would definitely admire as I saw them, but I don't recall a woman's body that I stuck to.

That's how I was until I started really thinking about it!..then realized it was her aha.

Guys are hard to find the physique I like too aha. Some physiques just Work for a person, so that's why I like it. ...but sometimes it is hard to come up with a specific Thing that you would want yourself - or see everday aha.
  • Dukare
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I don't necessarily think I wanted to look just like her, but I always thought Alyssa Milano was very pretty.

She is in Charmed. As much as she was gorgeous, I wouldn't want to achieve her looks. I was more for emulating Piper (Holly Marie Combs) haha.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Dukare wrote: »

That's how I was until I started really thinking about it!..then realized it was her aha.

Guys are hard to find the physique I like too aha. Some physiques just Work for a person, so that's why I like it. ...but sometimes it is hard to come up with a specific Thing that you would want yourself - or see everday aha.

I will have to think about it! I think I would like to find someone with a body more like mine, but in shape (someone who is shorter, but also carries more weight in their upper body - i.e. chest and arms). Someone I can think of is Twice's Jihyo.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

She is in Charmed. As much as she was gorgeous, I wouldn't want to achieve her looks. I was more for emulating Piper (Holly Marie Combs) haha.

Agree with the bolded statement. Growing up, I never really had one person that I wanted to look like. I just wanted to be thinner (I was always a bit of a chunky kid). Now that I am older, I have learned to appreciate my muscular build and curves. The women I admire and "look up to" are ones who are strong and muscular. My goals now are to just be the best me.
  • xxxMADMAXxxx
    xxxMADMAXxxx Posts: 218 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Where to begin?
    Sofia Loren because she is confident no matter what she is wearing or her size.
    Grace Jones- that edge and that muscle!
    Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider- yup, I love that movie. It's terrible, but I love it. She is curvy, strong and like the other ladies mentioned here - electric.
    Hyolyn - one of the few Korean stars with mega curves.

Also agree on your mention of Linda Hamilton- her transformation in T2 is crazy-inspiring.

Ultimately, I am inspired by women with curves, overflowing in confidence, fully engaged in their environment and easily laugh at themselves... or the world around them, I suppose. Out of all of the names listed here, I go back the most to Sofia Loren and Angelina Jolie.
  • xxxMADMAXxxx
    Options
    I don't remember paying much attention to any actress' physique until I saw Terminator 2 and was impressed with Linda Hamilton's arms. I like weight training, and strong arms are definitely a goal of mine.

Angela Basset is another one. I don't recall the films, but her arms always inspire me
  • Dukare
    Options

I will have to think about it! I think I would like to find someone with a body more like mine, but in shape (someone who is shorter, but also carries more weight in their upper body - i.e. chest and arms). Someone I can think of is Twice's Jihyo.

I like it! .. like Twice too! Aha. Workout to the songs...
  • Dukare
    Options

Agree with the bolded statement. Growing up, I never really had one person that I wanted to look like. I just wanted to be thinner (I was always a bit of a chunky kid). Now that I am older, I have learned to appreciate my muscular build and curves. The women I admire and "look up to" are ones who are strong and muscular. My goals now are to just be the best me.

I love it! I never wanted to be Built aha. Just fit...I term "shapely". I am on my way too! Whatever gives you the happiest and most confident and healthy self is the body you should strive to achieve I think! (Above all)
  • Dukare
    Options

I have so many Korean actresses who I envy for how awesome they are aha -being able to have the fashion n style, as well as general physique they exhibit in the dramas!
  • Dukare
    Options
    I don't remember paying much attention to any actress' physique until I saw Terminator 2 and was impressed with Linda Hamilton's arms. I like weight training, and strong arms are definitely a goal of mine.

Angela Basset is another one. I don't recall the films, but her arms always inspire me

I never really thought about arms except for on men aha. Funny that!
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have a girlfriend and a wife of 2 actors I admire both for their talent as well as looks. Both are very trim without being too thin. My thinking is that by having a similar figure I'll be more attractive. Can't do much about my face (not going for any pity- I'm just plain) but losing a bit of weight from it should help.
  • kimmylyn55
    kimmylyn55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’ve always admired Jennifer Aniston’s overall physique. Also Carrie Underwood’s legs! And Michelle Obama’s arms!
  • xxxMADMAXxxx
    Options

I like it! .. like Twice too! Aha. Workout to the songs...

Yahoooo! Are there fellow Kdrama addicts here???
    Taec-yeon inspires me majorly.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I can't really think of anyone. But I do find my body looks very similar in composition to Jessica Biel (currently, not when she was in Blade) so that is a good goal to stick with. She is also my height so maybe that's why.
  • Dukare
    Options

Yahoooo! Are there fellow Kdrama addicts here???
    Taec-yeon inspires me majorly.

Unhealthy Obsession with them!