Fat Tuesday

Options
TavistockToad
TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
Let's see your pancakes people...

Mine were 3 sugar & lemon, 1 strawberry & creme fraiche and 1 banana & peanut butter!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My pancakes are going to look like Subway sandwiches. I'm not cooking anything today. I'm gonna throw the sandwiches at the males in the house, take some NyQuil, and go to bed.

:flowerforyou:

Feel better soon
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Let's see your pancakes people...

Mine were 3 sugar & lemon, 1 strawberry & creme fraiche and 1 banana & peanut butter!

Wish I’d have been at your place for pancake day, especially for the classic sugar and lemon ones. h.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    OMG, Travis! Lemon and sugar on pancakes is my absolute favorite breakfast.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    I did french toast instead, with some cinnamon raisin bread that's been around a while. Plus a couple of over medium eggs and a bunch of turkey sausages that needed to be finished off before I turn into a Lenten vegetarian.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    It's all about Paczi, around here, not pancakes. Hamtramck-sourced paczi seem to be the holy grail. And I don't even particularly like them. Maybe I need to get on board with the pancakes, since I like those better.

I was hoping someone would bring in some paczi to the office yesterday, but no such luck. :+( I hadn't even thought about pancakes.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I didn't take any pictures of my pancakes because my non-stick frying pan is losing its 'non', and they got a bit... scrambled.

Fortunately, you can put lemon and sugar on a floury mess just as well as you can on a beautifully turned-out pancake, and they all tasted just as I remembered. One savoury with melted cheese and a side of veg, one with melted dark chocolate, and three with lemon and sugar. I was a very happy woman :)
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Sugar and lemon in our household :)
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    @crazyravr, you're the man, the Pancake Man. Great photo and pancakes.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I like to sprinkle a serving of mini chocolate chips on mine.
  • allieeveryday
    allieeveryday Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I went to a potluck so no photos of my pancakes (someone else made them) but they were enormous and full of chocolate chips, with syrup and whipped cream and berry compote... mmmmmm.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    We had banana peanut butter pancakes, with lots of toppings on the side.. whipped cream, fruit, maple syrup, Nutella, (more) peanut butter, jam, cinnamon sugar. Plus a spinach cheese frittata and lots of bacon. Sorry I didn't take photos it was all gone so fast :)
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Okay totes not pancakes but cake is close enough, right?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Cake is always acceptable in my books, especially if they are Maltesers on top.

Cheers, h.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    @middlehaitch yes they are Maltesers on top. It’s a chocolate and vanilla marble cake with dark chocolate butter cream icing. And maltesers 😀😋
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    paczki territory here too (Buffalo, NY). I was actually too busy to partake. ;( I never even knew pancakes on Fat Tuesday was a thing.