What do you eat for breakfast?

I need some new ideas, most mornings I eat a scrambled egg on toast and 1/4 of an avocado. Does anyone have a favorite breakfast they would share?

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    That's a pretty good breakfast. When I can cook, I usually go hard boiled egg, toast, and a side of tropical fruit. But other days I'll just have a protein bar.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I have two slices of toast with peanut butter and jam and a coffee almost every morning. Not very exciting but it works for me.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    2 egg vegetable omelet (for example, spinach, broccoli, and mushrooms) with a little feta. I alternate what I have on the side -- half an avocado, cottage cheese, plain greek yogurt, smoked salmon, fruit are all options. For lower cal I'd have nothing on the side, but I like larger breakfasts.

Other options I like are smoothies with lots of veg and some fat, plus berries, and oats with different add ins, but the omelet is my go-to.

Had leftover black beans with salsa and an egg plus some greek yogurt today.

Went through a period where I didn't like traditional breakfast food and had salads for breakfast too.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I weigh out 1 cup of grapes (typically about 160-170 grams). Sometimes I'll use blueberries, clementine sections, or sliced banana instead of or together with the grapes. Top with a 6oz container of plain Greek yogurt and crumble a granola bar on top.
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    1 serving Frosted Mini Wheats (190 cal)
    1 Quest bar (180 cal)

(I don’t use milk on my cereal)
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    My three favs are:

Eggs on top of baked potato with salsa

Scrabbled eggs in corn tortillas with salsa

Or overnight oats with Greek yogurt, honey, nuts and fruit.

I'm best satiated with protein plus carbs in the morning.
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    I'm doing keto and I'm still new, so my diet is pretty simple while my pantry catches up. It's either bacon and eggs for breakfast, or I'll take some sliced ham and swiss cheese and some spicy mustard and make roll-ups. Going to expand to protein smoothies and some sugar-free baked goods to add variety when I can.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    I have the same thing every morning (I like the routine)-a cup of coffee with two slices of Aldi Seedtastic bread, toasted, with two triangles of light cheese spread (270 calories/14g protein/8g fiber).
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    #1 English muffin, poached egg, Canadian bacon, and cheese sammich...
    #2 Overnight oats - lots of variations
    #3 Hot oatmeal with banana, Splenda, and cinnamon
    #4 Breakfast burrito - 2 scrambled eggs, 2 oz sausage, cheese, green chili, flour tortilla
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    My recent favorite is a slice of wheat bread with almond butter and sliced banana. It is a small breakfast, but I also have a protein shake/coffee an hour or so before this, so it's more of a snack breakfast.

Others I like:

English muffin, egg, cheese, ham (basically a McMuffin)
    Eggs, shredded hashbrowns, ham
    Avocado toast w/egg

I like to have as much protein as I can in the morning, so that's why all the eggs.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    I generally eat Greek yogurt and oatmeal for breakfast each morning.
  • NaturalGainsRecned
    NaturalGainsRecned Posts: 86 Member
    edited March 2019
    I need some new ideas, most mornings I eat a scrambled egg on toast and 1/4 of an avocado. Does anyone have a favorite breakfast they would share?

2 whole eggs scrambled, or up. With some egg whites for extra protein; cooked in grass fed butter. An everything bagel toasted with two table spoons of guac. 2 slices of thick cut applewood smoked bacon cooked in avocado/coconut oil. Sometimes I’ll throw a piece of cheese on. That’s my go to ☺️
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    edited March 2019
    It varies, but here are some standards:

-English muffin with an avocado mashed atop.
    -English muffin with an egg poached atop.
    -Whatever greens I have sauteed with mushrooms and an egg.
    -Banana in plain yoghurt.
    -Steak with hash browns.
    -Two poached eggs with hash browns.
    -Leftovers from last night.

I'm trying to perfect a recipe for oatmeal with a texture of cookie dough (not so sweet, though), and when that happens, it will be added to the mix.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    I have a smoothie every morning with a banana, frozen blueberries, frozen kale, chia seeds, a vegan protein powder and almond/coconut milk. I freaking love it. It's delicious and fills me up for hours, even after a hard morning workout.
  • fiveinthenest
    fiveinthenest Posts: 5 Member
    Thank y’all so much for all the ideas!
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    OVernight oats with protein powder, fruit, greek yoghurt, alpro coconut milk. Boiled egg and marmite soldiers. Eggs royal (on toast/muffin with hollandaise and smoked salmon). Today I had leftovers - salmon fillet, bit of brown rice, half avocado.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,242 Member
    Eggs...

Seriously, I have tried other things for breakfast (avocado on toast, bagels with cream cheese and ham, oatmeal) and within a day or two I am craving eggs. They seem to be the only thing that fills me up and keeps me full until my lunch break.

This week I meal prepped a frittata with 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites, parmesan cheese, shredded zucchini, caramelized onions, and red bell pepper. I have been having that with a small cup of fruit (raspberries and strawberries).

Today though I had loaded hashbrowns. So it was hashbrowns mixed with a crumbled piece of bacon and diced peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Then I scrambled in one whole egg. Topped it with hot sauce. This is one of my favorites.