Start of summer is June 21st! 45 pound challege (or what you want to shed)! Join in!

JohnnytotheB
JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
edited March 2019 in Challenges
Hello!

The start of summer is June 21st! I am looking to shed 45 pounds by then which is my stretch goal. Who's in?? Let's track calories per day vs goal, weight and exercise!

John

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    45lbs in 3 months??? That is far too much for me even at my weight. That is 15lbs a month. I would be happy to lose 15lbs by June 21st. Unless you are extremely obese and have just started to lose weight I think that is far too much for most if not all people.

Good luck though...I wish you luck and good health.
  • JohnnytotheB
    edited March 2019
    It's not for everyone! Only the ones who want it the most!!! I would also say that most people that are on a weight loss site have this (weight), around this and maybe more to lose. I would also say that most are here to kick butt on their path and doing stretch challenges (like this) is a great way to ignite the flame! Keep kicking on your path Annie_01!! Even though you only have 15, 5 a month you should join! It does not have to be for people who want to shed 45, but anyone looking to shed weight!
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Il join you I need to lose 29lbs in total and my target was to do it by end of July so this challenge will keep me nicely on track. Good luck to everyone I only started yesterday and am on 1200 cals a day
  • JohnnytotheB
    Il join you I need to lose 29lbs in total and my target was to do it by end of July so this challenge will keep me nicely on track. Good luck to everyone I only started yesterday and am on 1200 cals a day

That's wonderful! Lets do it! I will also send you a friend invite!
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    I'll join! I'd like to lose 25 by June 21st. That would be around 8 lbs a month, 2 lbs a week. Doable? I don't know.
  • nicolebilich
    nicolebilich Posts: 1 Member
    Sounds great. I have a bit more to lose over all but I think that this challenge will be great!
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hi nicolebilich! Have you started any kind of plan yet? My first day was yesterday. Doing shakes and 'regular food', hoping to work my way back to IF.
  • Sarah7518
    Sarah7518 Posts: 26 Member
    I’d love to join in! June 21 is also my birthday so I’m in!
  • JohnnytotheB
    Sarah7518 wrote: »
    I’d love to join in! June 21 is also my birthday so I’m in!

Happy (ahead of time) birthday! I will send you a friend request!!! I weighed in today for a starting point! What are you doing to achieve your goals (you don't have to answer here unless you want to)?
  • JohnnytotheB
    Sounds great. I have a bit more to lose over all but I think that this challenge will be great!

I will send you a friend request!!! I weighed in today for a starting point! I agree with "hilogirl2018", what are you doing to achieve your goals (you don't have to answer here unless you want to)?
  • JohnnytotheB
    I'll join! I'd like to lose 25 by June 21st. That would be around 8 lbs a month, 2 lbs a week. Doable? I don't know.

Yes, definitely doable! I will send you a friend request!!! I weighed in today for a starting point! Did you run your numbers for the optimal calorie count intake needed to achieve your loss goals? If not, you should! What else are you doing to achieve your goals (you don't have to answer here unless you want to)?
  • JohnnytotheB
    I just weighed in today for a good starting point! I plan on logging my food, weight lifting and walking as exercise and something new will be recording my mood for the day! Lets do this!
  • Hilogirl2018

Yes, definitely doable! I will send you a friend request!!! I weighed in today for a starting point! Did you run your numbers for the optimal calorie count intake needed to achieve your loss goals? If not, you should! What else are you doing to achieve your goals (you don't have to answer here unless you want to)?

I'm revising my goal to 20 lbs by June 21st.
    Current weight: 157.8
    Goal weight: 137
    I plan to count calories by logging daily, to increase my fasting window gradually from 12-16 hours, and to stay active here so I can support others. I've never tried to do this with a group, and I'm optimistic!
  • Hilogirl2018
    For extra accountability, I just made my diary viewable to friends, and have added many of you already (please feel free to add me!). My question is: how do I view friends' diaries, if they're set for friends to view? I'm not new to MFP, but this is the first time I've decided to expose my diary, flaws and all. Thanks!
  • purplepancakes00
    purplepancakes00 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all! Count me into the challenge! 25 lbs until June 21st for me as well... I’m following a similar healthy eating plan to WW so 2lbs a week wld be a great, healthy weight loss. I do walking, yoga and tennis. Good luck to everyone ;););)
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Started this Saturday
    start weight-171bs
    Goal weight -142lbs
    With my height and weight and lightly active for general day to day ithas me down for 1200 cals day. Im tracking exercise through my fitbit linked to here plan is gym/exercise class 2-5 times a week depending on work schedule!
    So extra cals are added based on fitbit activity I'm not planning to eat these on days where it's general walking etc but on days where iv done exercise such as gym etc then il likely eat some of the exercise ones as 1200 will be too low on these days.
  • Sarah7518
    Sarah7518 Posts: 26 Member

Happy (ahead of time) birthday! I will send you a friend request!!! I weighed in today for a starting point! What are you doing to achieve your goals (you don't have to answer here unless you want to)?[/quote]

I’m walking 3 miles a day x5 days. Also incline on treadmill. Mix of walk/jog. And swimming this week. Doing a 5k in May with my daughter.. that’s my motivator

• Hilogirl2018
    Hey, all! I've been reading the "petty" thread in a different forum and it's so awesomely motivating-thought it might be fun to ask the same question here in this little group: We all have health-driven motivations for losing, but what's your "petty" reason for sticking with this?

Some of mine:
    - I want to look as good/better than the other middle-aged moms when we go to the pool on vacation
    - I want to fit into my size 4s again (been a while)
    - I miss being called tiny (again, been a while!)
  • brundell7376
    brundell7376 Posts: 70 Member
    I'm out on losing .5 lbs a day lol.
  • klcandmikey
    klcandmikey Posts: 1 Member
    I'll take that challenge. Just started with Keto and IF. Losing 45 lbs by 6/21 would put me at 75% of goal!