Start of summer is June 21st! 45 pound challege (or what you want to shed)! Join in!

Options

Replies

• vrafer
    vrafer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just started getting back into this and was looking for a challenge, oddly enough, something by June 7, so this fits in nicely!

It would be great to do this with people too, so I'd like to add you guys!

My goal would be to get down to 170 by June 7 (currently 195) and reason for that is that I'd like to look good on my friend's wedding day!
  • Sarah7518
    Sarah7518 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    vrafer wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I just started getting back into this and was looking for a challenge, oddly enough, something by June 7, so this fits in nicely!

It would be great to do this with people too, so I'd like to add you guys!

My goal would be to get down to 170 by June 7 (currently 195) and reason for that is that I'd like to look good on my friend's wedding day!

Good luck... add me if you’d like!!
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP challenges- are people planning to check back in on this thread weekly, daily? I have it bookmarked and keep logging in expecting to see what's happening here, and the answer is... .not much, lol! How does this work?
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Not sure but 1week in for me and 3lbs down. Been under or at my calories each day and also done 3exercise classes and 1 visit to gym.
    How's everyone else getting along?
  • Hilogirl2018
    Options
    Not sure but 1week in for me and 3lbs down. Been under or at my calories each day and also done 3exercise classes and 1 visit to gym.

Awesome job on week 1! Can't wait to see where you are after 2 weeks!

I'm only down 1.4 lbs BUT I have MFP set for 1.5 and I was on vacation this week eating fast food most days (yeah, I know, terrible time to start all this!). So I'm happy with my progress. Other wins: I logged everything, even the junk, and stayed at or under my calories most days.

Next week's goals:
    (1) log daily
    (2) Meet calories
    (3) Meet protein
    (4) Eating window 12-8
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wow well done sticking to it and being down 1.4 whilst on vacation is really impressive! Good luck for the week ahead
  • Hilogirl2018
    Options
    Wow well done sticking to it and being down 1.4 whilst on vacation is really impressive! Good luck for the week ahead

Thanks! I decided to stay in my calorie limit and log every ugly scrap of junk food, and it worked.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options

Wonderful job!!!
  • JohnnytotheB
    Options

Awesome job on week 1! Can't wait to see where you are after 2 weeks!

I'm only down 1.4 lbs BUT I have MFP set for 1.5 and I was on vacation this week eating fast food most days (yeah, I know, terrible time to start all this!). So I'm happy with my progress. Other wins: I logged everything, even the junk, and stayed at or under my calories most days.

Next week's goals:
    (1) log daily
    (2) Meet calories
    (3) Meet protein
    (4) Eating window 12-8

Excellent job on the loss! The goals are great!
  • JohnnytotheB
    Options
    I officially weigh in on Monday! This week, I've been logging all of my food - good or bad! I've been hitting at least 10,000+ steps a day of walking, weight lifting and making better food choices.

Yesterday I went to a birthday party and stuck to my food choices. I preplanned what I ate before I went to the restaurant (online) so I didn't get tempted while at the restaurant. I stuck with water and seltzer water with lemon & lime in it - avoided soda and booze. I even budgeted for cake. I was happy.
  • Hilogirl2018
    Options
    I officially weigh in on Monday! This week, I've been logging all of my food - good or bad! I've been hitting at least 10,000+ steps a day of walking, weight lifting and making better food choices.

Yesterday I went to a birthday party and stuck to my food choices. I preplanned what I ate before I went to the restaurant (online) so I didn't get tempted while at the restaurant. I stuck with water and seltzer water with lemon & lime in it - avoided soda and booze. I even budgeted for cake. I was happy.

You made it through a birthday party by planning ahead! That's HUGE! Birthday cake is not my friend right now. Great job!
  • JohnnytotheB
    Options

You made it through a birthday party by planning ahead! That's HUGE! Birthday cake is not my friend right now. Great job!

Thanks!!!! I also had a good Monday by staying within calories & kicking on the steps plus a short workout!
  • summerinspring
    summerinspring Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, count me in! This is a great way for me to aim high! Thanks for posting. 😀
  • JohnnytotheB
    Options
    Hi, count me in! This is a great way for me to aim high! Thanks for posting. 😀

That's great! I will send you a friend request!
  • Hilogirl2018
    Options
    93 days until June 21st! Basically, 3 months. We got this, everyone!
  • JohnnytotheB
    Options
    Yes!!!!!!!
  • JohnnytotheB
    Options
    How is everyone coming along???? I am down since this started. I have amped up my steps! Things are OK!
  • Hilogirl2018
    Options
    I'm basically maintaining my loss- down 1.8 lbs. Nothing dramatic, sigh. I was hoping it would go faster, at least at the beginning.

@JohnnytotheB so glad you're making progress!
  • JohnnytotheB
    Options
    Thanks! Definitely has it's ups and downs!!!! Great job down a little but maintaining....no gain!!!
  • Sarah7518
    Sarah7518 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost 10.5 pounds in a month. I want to do the same for April! No Easter candy for me!