Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Hate Breakfast.. any idea

jessmackeiganjessmackeigan Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
in Recipes
I can’t stand breakfast, but I would be open to some ideas 👌🏻 gotta happen

Replies

• acpgeeacpgee Posts: 3,274Member Member Posts: 3,274Member Member
    If you don't like typical breakfast foods, you might consider Asian breakfast.
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/michelleno/best-asian-breakfasts
  • iheartshunsukeiheartshunsuke Posts: 16Member Member Posts: 16Member Member
    If you don't like it, why would you eat it? Just skip it.
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Posts: 3,988Member Member Posts: 3,988Member Member
    There is no reason you need to push yourself to eat breakfast, unless you find yourself getting hungry or weak later and have no time to eat then. Even in that case, a protein bar, for example could tide you over.
    edited March 11
  • DilvishDilvish Posts: 393Member Member Posts: 393Member Member
    Forget the whole "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" crap. It's true that filling up the proverbial gas tank before a long trip is useful but it isn't absolutely necessary as long as you fill up at some point.

That is more likely a better explanation for breakfast. Some people must have it and others do just fine without it.

Myself for example. I get up quite early, around 4:00 AM and don't eat something until around 9:00 AM. I typically don't feel hungry until later in the morning and that's on top of going to the local swimming pool and "water walking" for upwards of 2 hours 5 days a week.

My wife is the same. She's usually up around 6:00 AM and doesn't actually eat until after 9:00 AM or later.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,154Member Member Posts: 6,154Member Member
    IF I hate something I dont eat it. Having said that, what dont you like about eating breakfast? But since breakfast is just a label for "eating food", you hate food??
  • lin_belin_be Posts: 393Member Member Posts: 393Member Member
    Same! 2 cups of coffee and I’m good until lunch
  • amelisegbamelisegb Posts: 56Member Member Posts: 56Member Member
    I hate it too! But if I skip it outright I always get hungry before lunch. I like to "drink" my breakfast by having Kefir (like yogurt) so that it's super quick and easy, and doesn't feel like food lol. If I skip that, I'll usually bring an apple or something to have as a mid-morning snack.
  • puffbratpuffbrat Posts: 1,831Member Member Posts: 1,831Member Member
    What don't you like about breakfast? Is it the typical foods or eating at that time of day? If it is the foods, then eat something else like you would have for lunch or dinner. Eat whatever you want. If it is the time of day, then don't eat until later like others have said.
  • RunnerGrl1982RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412Member Member Posts: 412Member Member
    puffbrat wrote: »
    What don't you like about breakfast? Is it the typical foods or eating at that time of day? If it is the foods, then eat something else like you would have for lunch or dinner. Eat whatever you want. If it is the time of day, then don't eat until later like others have said.

^^ This.

OP, if you'd like to eat something in the morning, do it. Just because we label the morning hours of the day we eat "breakfast" does not dictate what the food is.
  • Flyingfingers51Flyingfingers51 Posts: 25Member Member Posts: 25Member Member
    If you are not a breakfast person, save your calories for later in the day. I hate eating early in the morning. A cup of coffee and I am good to go till noon. Don't fall victim to the "shoulds".... of weight loss. The same thing doesn't work for everyone. We are all wired differently, and what might be "right" for one person may not be "right" for you. Good luck on your journey!!
  • deannalfisherdeannalfisher Posts: 4,858Member, Premium Member Posts: 4,858Member, Premium Member
    Breakfast literally means breaking your fast...whatever your first meal of the day is is technically breakfast...that being said I don’t eat traditional breakfast foods - I may have chicken and vegetables; or barley (on my higher carb days)
  • mybookkeeperdonnamybookkeeperdonna Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    Once a week I sit down for an hour and make 5-7 mason jars of salad

I use head lettuce - spinach - kale- bok choy - raddish- celery- carrots etc

and SOME TYPE OF BEAN Chic peas - five bean - kidney beans etc

I us and olive oil and apple cider home made vinegar

In order to keep everything crunchy put your sald dressing in the mason jar first - then add the ingredients you want in - make sure the salad stays on the top

When you are ready shake the jar so the dressing is mixed and voila

a tasty salad that is crispy and fast.

Usually I eat it for breakfast adding an egg - back bacon or some other type of protein Normally I am full till dinner

• AudreyJDukeAudreyJDuke Posts: 972Member Member Posts: 972Member Member
    Great ideas!!!!
  • hilaryhillhilaryhill Posts: 152Member Member Posts: 152Member Member
    Just skip breakfast. I have coffee and some creamer for breakfast so that I can have more calories for lunch and dinner. It helps keep me on track.