How to get a cute butt without squats?? =)

Options
I absolutely have a lot more weight to lose before I know what my butt will look like at my goal weight. As of now I'm not to fond of it. Afraid that it will be flat the more weight I lose. I don't mind doing squats but my thighs are already somewhat muscular and it feels like when I do the squats my thighs are getting the most of the workout. Don't mind working the thighs either but I def don't want to be too muscular in that area. What are some workouts, besides squats, that target the butt?

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You can't get too muscular doing body weight squats.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts. They work the glutes and hammies very well. And every other muscle in your body when they get real heavy.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    It is really difficult to get too muscular. I say shoot for too muscular and odds are you will be happy with where you land.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Just do them
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Just do the squats, but avoid taking steroids and you won't get too muscular.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    squats

dead lifts

lunges

natural hammy string curls/ghetto glute raises

bridge lifts- single leg bridge lifts- weighted bridge lifts

lift all the things... you'll be alright.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I had really big glutes when I used to speed skate. Do some of your cardio in the form of rollerblading or try a slide board (dry training for speed skaters). If your gym has an abductor machine or cables you can mimic the skating movement of pushing off to the side from the glutes.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

THIS!
  • skendrick0601
    skendrick0601 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're doing some cardio exercises as well so that any muscle definition will be lean muscle.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

This for the most part but "too muscular" is subjective but you won't even know you are there until you lose most of your weight so don't worry about it right now.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Do the squats, but to add to them to focus on the back of the legs more. Other posts have great exercises, but I'm going to add

Stiff Leg Deadlifts

Romanian Deadlifts

Good Mornings

As for the legs getting 'too muscular', that's nonsense.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Some people can be so extraordinarily unhelpful.

Try glute bridges, deadlifts (Romanian works well for me...not much quad action), and squatting wider and using your heels to push up
  • KemaVA
    KemaVA Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you are talking about with the extra muscular thighs. I find that my thighs try to do the work in most booty exercises. I try to isolate the butt to make it do its part.

Try doing...

A dirty dog raise. On all fours lift one leg to the side.
    In the same position with one leg straight behind you do leg raises.
    Then do the leg raise with your knee bent as if you were trying to touch the ceiling with the sole of your foot.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    You can't get too muscular doing body weight squats.

^Exactly, and if not the case, what kind of weight are you squatting OP?

Makes no sense to me to give up one of if not the best exercise (Barbell Back Squat) for muscle recruitment and overall strength, for some lift or accessory lift that doesn't even work 1/4 of the muscle mass. Accessory work certainly has it's place, but not by replacing a core lift.

In short, if you want a "cute butt" eat right and lift heavy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're doing some cardio exercises as well so that any muscle definition will be lean muscle.

LOL wut
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

LOL wut

glad someone else caught that too. I saw that and thought... it's Dr Cate again!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Say-what.gif
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You'd be surprised at how much of what you think is muscle is actually fat.

One exercise that I haven't seen mentioned is step ups. Use an object tall enough that your working leg goes below parallel. Keep the nonworking leg straight and work your way up to only your heel touching the ground each rep.

They hit the hiney really good and are very easy and safe to perform. Plus they are easy to weight as you get stronger.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I would suggest squats.

And deadlifts.

And lunges.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Glute bridges, deadlifts, and Good Mornings are all good glute-but-not-thight lifts. I'd still squat if I were you, though. Toned thighs are sexy.