How to get a cute butt without squats?? =)

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I just want to add......you REALLY shouldn't intentionally work your butt without your legs. Imbalanced strength training is a recipe for injury.

So yeah, squats, deadlifts, and lunges.

ETA....And HOW DID I FORGET MY FAVORITE???

HILL SPRINTS!
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    All of the above... and do the step mill at the gym. GREAT *kitten* workout!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Weighted glute bridge is all you need to know.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I would suggest squats.

And deadlifts.

And lunges.

Yes, this. My flat butt is starting to get perky from all the squats and lunges I do. The rumors are true, squats lift your *kitten*!!!
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    natural hammy string curls/ghetto glute raises

Gotta video of these?^^^^^^^^^^^
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Hope & Dream.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're doing some cardio exercises as well so that any muscle definition will be lean muscle.

Can you show me an instance of flabby muscle?
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I just want to add......you REALLY shouldn't intentionally work your butt without your legs. Imbalanced strength training is a recipe for injury.

HILL SPRINTS!

What exercises would work your butt without working your legs? :huh:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're doing some cardio exercises as well so that any muscle definition will be lean muscle.

this is true....as opposed to fat muscle.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

i'll send you a pic of my "befores".

i was quite strong but much "bigger"...since eating less and doing tons of cardio, i have really leaned out all my fat muscle.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Weighted glute bridge is all you need to know.

Yes, I was wondering when someone would mention this. Best exercise to focus the bum that I've tried.
  • paigebolling
    paigebolling Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the great suggestions. Absolutely love MFP and all the great advice I can get. I should also add that I don't plan to elminate squats because I know they are super effective but the reason I asked the question was because it seemed that I was getting more of a burn in my thighs than in my butt. So I guess the real question I should have asked would have been what exercises can I add to my routine that targets the butt. I didn't want to be doing tons of squats and getting great results in my legs and so-so results for my behind. :tongue: Again thanks for all the suggestions!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Any train of reasoning based on not wanting to get such and such a body part too muscular is invalid.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

HILL SPRINTS!

What exercises would work your butt without working your legs? :huh:

I should have said quads not legs, that's just a mistype, my bad. I mean focusing entirely on your posterior chain.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options

Say-what.gif

yea
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Booty Pop.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

i'll send you a pic of my "befores".

i was quite strong but much "bigger"...since eating less and doing tons of cardio, i have really leaned out all my fat muscle.

So you've reduced your marbling and can no longer be graded as prime?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the great suggestions. Absolutely love MFP and all the great advice I can get. I should also add that I don't plan to elminate squats because I know they are super effective but the reason I asked the question was because it seemed that I was getting more of a burn in my thighs than in my butt. So I guess the real question I should have asked would have been what exercises can I add to my routine that targets the butt. I didn't want to be doing tons of squats and getting great results in my legs and so-so results for my behind. :tongue: Again thanks for all the suggestions!

Squeeze your *kitten* when coming out of the hole. Tell me that isn't targetting your culo.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Don't forget hip thrusts
    hip-thrust1.jpg