I am guilty of...

Options
So every morning I have a cup or two of coffee with my husband. I have completely converted to sweetener vs. sugar. But I love creamers, of every variety. I use some with every cup. The thing is, I don't measure it.🤯 I dont even try to log it!!!🤯🤯🤯 I do this for myself and I know that it won't super impact my caloric intake for the day or the week. I have logged, mostly, consistently since January 2nd and have lost weight regardless of this guilty pleasure.

Does anyone else have a guilty pleasure they want to admit to???

Replies

• runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have 1 - 2 meals a week where I do not log what I'm eating. But, I almost always save some calories every day for these meals. There are also some exercises I do, but don't log the calories burned. For example, if I hop on the elliptical for 20 minutes before a fitness class. I'm still consistently losing weight. For my own mental sanity, I have to have these meals. Weighing and logging, while a very important tool, sometimes drives me nuts.

Something smaller? If I serve a snack to my kiddos, I'll almost always have a small taste. I don't log or track it.
  • athran13
    athran13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for the coffee too. I used to use a sweet creamer but I've gone to just cream because my sugar and calories were consistently too high with it. The creamer I'm using now is 1/3rd the calories of the extra thick and sweet one I was using. It's ok. I do miss the sweetness in my coffee some times, but, learning to do without. I'll probably never give up the coffee though....

Guilty pleasure...hmmm...I'll often eat a chocolate of some sort without logging it.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I dont log my sugar free gum.

I sometimes log my gummy vites and sometimes don't, 30 calories there.

I do log my lettuce, kale, celery, and cucumber and other low calorie foods, strangely enough. Lol.
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Feeling guilty
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Over time I have developed a different kind of "guilty pleasure": When I do my 10 length in the swimming pool I always add on 10 % - in this case one more length. When I walk 2000 steps I always add on another 200. Does it help my weight loss? Who knows - but alone the pleasure I get out of it that I am able to walk (very, very slowly) again, that I fit into some sort of swimming pants again, makes it all worth while. So I do it because "I can"! (Sorry Mr. Obama...)
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I often sneak a bit of cheese when making my partner's lunch for work. It's only a tiny bit, but the rebellious act is so satisfactory :lol:
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't adjust my speed when I swim in sets even if the coach tells me to. Sorry coach, I don't have a slow, medium, and fast swimming speed. If he asks, I make up a number that is +/- 10 seconds of whatever I normally swim.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    sometimes forgetting to log my CBDs, which is unfortunate since they are loaded with sugar
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I taste my food a lot when I'm cooking and forget to log it.

I have to log my coffee creamer, because I drink a lot of it. Sometimes it's the main source of carbs for me.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I dont log my sugar free gum.

I sometimes log my gummy vites and sometimes don't, 30 calories there.

I do log my lettuce, kale, celery, and cucumber and other low calorie foods, strangely enough. Lol.

I'm also guilty of not logging my gum! Sometimes I eat a chip or two and not log that as well. Or have a nibble of what my husband is eating when he offers it to me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,907 Member
    Options
    My guilty pleasure is YA SF, currently "The 100".

NO SPOILERS!
  • sdewey415
    sdewey415 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    My guilty pleasure is YA SF, currently "The 100".

NO SPOILERS!

Love this show! New season starts in April!
  • sdewey415
    sdewey415 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I taste my food a lot when I'm cooking and forget to log it.

I have to log my coffee creamer, because I drink a lot of it. Sometimes it's the main source of carbs for me.

This is a problem for me as well. I am a taste tester when it comes to our dinner meals!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I have lots of stuff that I don't bother logging. For example at work meetings there are often lollies (Mentos) on the table and I'll usually have a few of them and not log them, or if I'm with the kids and I steal some of their chips or whatnot I'll not bother logging that either.

I'm finding that I can log fairly loosely, at least for now, and still get the results I'm looking for. In the end I'm really only interested in the outcome and want to do as little as possible to make it happen. I don't really see the point in making something more difficult than it needs to be just because.

No doubt as I get closer to my goal and the margins I'm playing with get tighter I'll have to pay more attention to what I'm doing and be more stringent. When that happens I'll do just enough extra to make sure I keep seeing results and not a bit more.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    When my granddaughter and I feed each other off of our own plates, I don't log it. Plus I'm pretty sure she eats more of my food than I do of hers.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of taking little bites of things when I am cooking and not logging it :#