Not lost a pound in 2 weeks

Options

Replies

• durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Maxxitt wrote: »
    ...I suggest getting a trend weight app to smooth out the normal scale fluctuations into a running average so that you can see your total trend more easily.

This is a very good idea. I am much less stressed about "seeing results" now that I track my trending weight.

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
  • Jflowwers
    Jflowwers Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    @maraingerham

I am working with a trainer 3 times a week for 30
    Minutes. I would say typical beginners strength training ( walking lunges, free weights, planks, ect.) I do gentle/ beginners vinyasa 5 days week, and cardio of some sort 6 days week ( elliptical/ neighborhood walk/ trying to learn to run) I have tried orange theory but was out of my fitness level. Id really like to try again.

I think the thing I am the most confused by is I look exactly the same, measurements haven’t budged.

Thank you for the kind words.
  • maraingerham
    maraingerham Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really think the most important thing is not to get derailed by the absence of VISIBLE progress right now. I KNOW it’s so hard. Trust me. I know firsthand. Before you do anything or eat anything or binge or say F it ask yourself, “Will doing this being me TOWARDS where I want to be (my goal) or will it take me AWAY from where I want to be?” That internal check-in is my mantra when I’m feeling discouraged.

I would honestly increase the strength training component of your workouts. The literature and research on why I’m saying that is enormous but it really does make such a huge difference in changing how your body looks (toned and strong and hard vs fat and flabby) and it increase the rate you burn calories at rest. Google. Do research. Personally, it was went I started strength training that I lost a lot of fat and my body started to looking rockin’ 😉
  • Jflowwers
    Jflowwers Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    @maraingerham

How many days strength training would you recommend? That’s why I hired the trainer, to strength train, and see him 3 days a week. I am lost in the gym otherwise.
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I go roughly 2 weeks without change (ups and downs but no new lows) every single month. I diligently weigh myself every morning during these apparent stalls and record whatever number, knowing that I’m losing fat every day because I’m eating at a deficit every day. The trend over time doesn’t care about those fluctuations. It going down at a predictable rate! And remember, the first few weeks you lose extra water weight... hour fat loss was no better then than it is now. Stay the course.