3 Kids- Yay or Nay? Did you wish you stuck with 2?

24

Replies

  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    following because i'm thinking of getting third cat and very conflicted

    Conflicted about...what to name it?
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    following because i'm thinking of getting third cat and very conflicted

    Conflicted about...what to name it?

    i'm afraid my other kitties will get less attention and feel neglected tbh
    The middle child is almost always neglected. The oldest is always looked up to and the youngest is spoiled all the time

    see?? ^^^

    Yes, but CATS. They’ll get affection when they want it; when they don’t they’ll be happy that other cats are there to distract you so they can do superior cat things.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Nay!!!!! 2 is too many--LOL.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    following because i'm thinking of getting third cat and very conflicted

    Conflicted about...what to name it?

    i'm afraid my other kitties will get less attention and feel neglected tbh
    The middle child is almost always neglected. The oldest is always looked up to and the youngest is spoiled all the time

    see?? ^^^

    Yes, but CATS. They’ll get affection when they want it; when they don’t they’ll be happy that other cats are there to distract you so they can do superior cat things.

    oh no my cats are special, theyre not like other cats

    I understand; my cats are very advanced for their age, and also very good at sports
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm a third kid. Pretty sure my mom regrets that a lot

    Why would you say that? Most people I know spoil their third child

    I was just being silly. I am the favorite because I learned what not to do (or how to get away with it) from the older ones 😉
  • Susabella627
    Susabella627 Posts: 107 Member
    Our third was unplanned for sure, but after 2 boys I got my little girl and she is now my best friend. Wouldn't change that for all the money in the world.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    following because i'm thinking of getting third cat and very conflicted

    Conflicted about...what to name it?

    i'm afraid my other kitties will get less attention and feel neglected tbh
    The middle child is almost always neglected. The oldest is always looked up to and the youngest is spoiled all the time

    see?? ^^^

    If I get another cat, I’m naming it Meowcifient or Meowcifer.

    Meowcifer!!!!!!!!!
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    following because i'm thinking of getting third cat and very conflicted

    Conflicted about...what to name it?

    i'm afraid my other kitties will get less attention and feel neglected tbh
    The middle child is almost always neglected. The oldest is always looked up to and the youngest is spoiled all the time

    see?? ^^^

    Yes, but CATS. They’ll get affection when they want it; when they don’t they’ll be happy that other cats are there to distract you so they can do superior cat things.

    oh no my cats are special, theyre not like other cats

    I understand; my cats are very advanced for their age, and also very good at sports

    then u know other pet owners dont really understand the trials that come with raising twice exceptional kitties

    It’s certainly trying at times, but I wouldn’t give it up for the world! Every time they tell me they love me in cat-sign-language it makes it all worth it
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Decided to stop with one mainly because that is what we felt we could afford and could parent.
    We made a pro and con list but in our hearts we knew we did not have more to give another child. It was the right decision for our family then and now to stop having children.

    There are plenty of families who are happy with 2 or 3 kids. I would talk with your partner. Think about it for awhile.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,611 Member
    I was a nanny, but their 3rd was quite possibly the easiest of the bunch. You never know what the genetic lottery has in store for you.
  • tc1333
    tc1333 Posts: 4,032 Member
    The more the merrier
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    My third was s huge surprise, but I can't imagine life without him. Having a teenager and toddler at the same time can be brutal, but it makes life do much more fun.
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    I had two boys and then my third was a girl, so YES I am definitely glad I had #3. Would life be easier and quieter with just the top two? Yes! Would I give her back? (Or her little brother?) Nope. :)
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    I have two, one boy and one girl. Both DH and I would be ok with a third, but we decided to stop after two because I am apparently not good at being pregnant. I had lots of pregnancy complications both times and a miscarriage in between.
    The fact that we already have one of each does help with the decision to stop at two.
    Also, they were both pretty easy babies and toddlers, so I doubt we'd have that kind of luck a third time in a row.
    Now as bigger kids, I have to say that for us, the boy is WAY easier than the girl, but she's a middle schooler so maybe she'll grow out of all the theatrics...
  • avatar1003
    avatar1003 Posts: 20 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Decided to stop with one mainly because that is what we felt we could afford and could parent.
    We made a pro and con list but in our hearts we knew we did not have more to give another child. It was the right decision for our family then and now to stop having children.

    There are plenty of families who are happy with 2 or 3 kids. I would talk with your partner. Think about it for awhile.

    Well, it took us 7 years to get pregnant with our first. During that time it was very difficult and we decided that whatever God had in store for us was what was meant to happen. We never thought we would get a 2nd and BAM, we did. I will be 40 in June, so time is running out. The 2nd one is a handful only because he will try and try and try to do something until he succeeds... Which at this age means everything he is not supposed to do. This will be a good trait when he gets old, just exhausting now (he is 15 mths).

    If it happens it will happen and we will have a 3rd- my partner and I are on the same page. Neither one of our kids sleeps very well so we are just tired!

    I was just curious what the general consensus was for anyone with more than 2 kids.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    avatar1003 wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Decided to stop with one mainly because that is what we felt we could afford and could parent.
    We made a pro and con list but in our hearts we knew we did not have more to give another child. It was the right decision for our family then and now to stop having children.

    There are plenty of families who are happy with 2 or 3 kids. I would talk with your partner. Think about it for awhile.

    Well, it took us 7 years to get pregnant with our first. During that time it was very difficult and we decided that whatever God had in store for us was what was meant to happen. We never thought we would get a 2nd and BAM, we did. I will be 40 in June, so time is running out. The 2nd one is a handful only because he will try and try and try to do something until he succeeds... Which at this age means everything he is not supposed to do. This will be a good trait when he gets old, just exhausting now (he is 15 mths).

    If it happens it will happen and we will have a 3rd- my partner and I are on the same page. Neither one of our kids sleeps very well so we are just tired!

    I was just curious what the general consensus was for anyone with more than 2 kids.

    I think you will find very few regret having 3. However, if you decide not to, you may always wonder.....
  • Rockingon
    Rockingon Posts: 4 Member
    I have 3 and its hilarious to watch my youngest who is two trample on his older siblings.