Calories in calories out ?

Options
Hello I was wondering if anyone has had success at maintaining weight even when macros are way off . For example minimum protein , low fat , very high carb but calories are at maintenance level ? Can you eat junk food as long as calories eqUate what is needed.

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yes you can.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Royce284 wrote: »
    Hello I was wondering if anyone has had success at maintaining weight even when macros are way off . For example minimum protein , low fat , very high carb but calories are at maintenance level ? Can you eat junk food as long as calories eqUate what is needed.

Yep.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Royce284 wrote: »

Here's a thread you might like that answers the "junk food" question.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348650/cico-still-skeptical-come-inside-for-a-meticulous-log-that-proves-it/p1

And you can maintain, gain, or lose weight with a large variety of macro combinations. If you have specific goals then at times certain macro percentages might help more, but not usually by any huge factors.

Look at it this way. A very large segment of the poplulation worldwide doesn't track or log calories or macros. And the amount of exercise they do varies greatly. But they come in all shapes, sizes, and fitness levels regardless.

• Tashanicole444
    Tashanicole444 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys. !!!! You rock !!! Have a great Sunday !!!
  • MahShield21
    MahShield21 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yes u can maintain weight with high carb and low protein and fat with regular exercises
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yes u can maintain weight with high carb and low protein and fat with regular exercises

Or without exercise if you eat at maintenance
  • MahShield21
    MahShield21 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yes but without exercise is not good for overall health
  • chloevieira3918
    chloevieira3918 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes... I eat pretty much what I feel like as long as it stays within my calories and I have maintained for a year now
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Dilvish wrote: »
    Over time the more simple sugars you consume you run the greater risk of developing type 2 diabetes which is currently at epidemic rates worldwide.

That's what junk food does to the body. Regardless of how much you weigh, too much simple sugars and for that matter too much sodium can wreak havoc on your organs.

Unfortunately even skinny people figure they can eat whatever they want without consequences.

Break that bad habit now. Opt for healthy choices, organic where possible.

Do you ever reply to your posts?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    The research I have read says, as long as fiber and pro are equated, fat and carbs do not matter as long as calories are equal.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,054 Member
    Options
    Or without exercise if you eat at maintenance
    Yes but without exercise is not good for overall health

Neither is (very) low fat or low protein good for overall health.

But the original question was all about weight, which is pretty much all about calories (eaten, or burned via activity, either way).

OP, well-rounded nutrition is important for health.

IMO, it's:

Appropriate calories for weight management + well-rounded eating for nutrition (plus a few treats for joy) + exercise for fitness = Best odds of continuing long-term good health and attractive appearance.

We each have our own goals, but for most of us it goes beyond just "thin" to some of that other stuff, I think.