are bra's always this annoying ladies?

Options
Nikoruo
Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
Since i'm big i've got big breast (usually go hand in hand but not always) and with big breasts comes big bra's. I find big bras go all the way up to your arm pits and are consistently stabbing me there! anyone else have this problem? that and my bra (though i got professionally sized) like seems to not sit right on me. Bra's are annoying!! we ladies know this. now for those who lost weight, or enough weight to go down to a smaller bra size where the underwire gets smaller too (and not be stabbingyour armpits anymore) does this problem nearly go away? I feel like once i lose all my weight i will have said miracle bra's !

Current bra type (Look how high the underwire would go, right under your armpit!!
Glamorise1200BlackExtraLarge.jpg

slimmer girls bra (see all that armpit room! i could move my arms around without feeling the discomfort of the bra stabbing me!):
lulalu_purple-bra.jpg

sorry boys, nothing but breasts here for you :]

and girls, let me know! in particularily if you've noticed this too before and after weight loss.

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Freya bras are lovely and go up to bigger sizes.

My personal fave:

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=32135509
  • Nikoruo
    Options

My personal fave:

they seem to be pretty high too, maybe i should go down a few cup sizes. but my boobs spill out then ): those are pretty though!
  • StPattiesKitty
    Options
    I have the same problem but I have ordered off of Amazon and have gotten really good comfee bra's, you may want to check them out! :D
    Options

My personal fave:

they seem to be pretty high too, maybe i should go down a few cup sizes. but my boobs spill out then ): those are pretty though!

That one's actually a balconette. Search for Freya Balconette bras. I think FigLeaves has knock off versions for less $. I will say though, when I wear a freya, guys get giggly. It's truly weird.
  • Nikoruo
    Options
    I have the same problem but I have ordered off of Amazon and have gotten really good comfee bra's, you may want to check them out! :D
    comfy and likely not as expensive! i've avoided ordering online simply because i'm not 100 percent sure my size haha. i do measure but i dont know if i'm measuring properly because it goes up and down a bunch haha
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I wear your "current bra type" all the time and I have that problem BUT I must confess, I use the underwire-free style - mine is where the side seam crunches in on my bra fat :ohwell:. I was also "professionally fitted" and the styles they recommended didnt' give me the support I need when I am at work and lifting 30 - 50# at a time and literally racing to and fro to get stuff done - I actually had one style come undone mid workday!!! :grumble: I find, as my weight goes down and I keep working with my resistance bands, this problem is slowly going away :bigsmile:
    Options
    comfy and likely not as expensive! i've avoided ordering online simply because i'm not 100 percent sure my size haha. i do measure but i dont know if i'm measuring properly because it goes up and down a bunch haha

http://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,901,30.html
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    I'm a 36DD and my bras do not go up into my armpit :noway: I love my VS Body By Victoria Demi's. They are all sorts of awesome.
  • Nikoruo
    Options

http://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,901,30.html
    you my dear, are incredibly helpful haha
  • Nikoruo
    Options
    I'm a 36DD and my bras do not go up into my armpit :noway: I love my VS Body By Victoria Demi's. They are all sorts of awesome.
    i'll have to look into those! i'm a 46D from my last checking and whenever i move my arms the wire stabs me ): ):
  • Nikoruo
    Options
    I wear your "current bra type" all the time and I have that problem BUT I must confess, I use the underwire-free style - mine is where the side seam crunches in on my bra fat :ohwell:. I was also "professionally fitted" and the styles they recommended didnt' give me the support I need when I am at work and lifting 30 - 50# at a time and literally racing to and fro to get stuff done - I actually had one style come undone mid workday!!! :grumble: I find, as my weight goes down and I keep working with my resistance bands, this problem is slowly going away :bigsmile:

Haha i did the wireless free style before but if ound that it didn't give much support at all. and i got that problem too! i get that with wired bra's as well haha. ahhh! professionally fit fails! like i cant do sports and stuff properly because ... for example... basketball, i'm bent over arms infront of me and my bra is 'popped off' because the wire is so dang far out that when my arms push againt it the bottom of my boobs fall out. So i'm like... so uncomfortable playing sports (this even happens in normal situations) so i consistently have to fix my bra! #firstworldproblems haha.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I am still wearing Lane Bryant's Cacique brand. They are the only thing that I've found supports the girls well! However when my band size gets lower, I may give VS a try!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Every time I find a bra I like, they discontinue it by the time I need to buy more. :mad:
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38D and my bras go up to my armpits as well. It's very annoying because I have to constantly adjust myself! However, I've noticed that the bigger the bra, the higher up they go (in terms of the armpits). I think this is because we need more support and in order to make sure we're not popping out from the sides, the bras go up higher. While it is annoying and uncomfortable, it definitely makes women with big boobs look slimmer when the bra goes up to their armpits! I find myself wearing sports bras more and more often :)
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret. That is all.
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Penningtons or Additional Elle? Their bras are cute!
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    while i cant really say much because i have super small boobs.. but did you realize there are a few different STYLES of bras.. in your pictures you posted here those are completely different styles. the bottom one looks like a demi cup.. which small boob people (not necessarily slimmer chicks) should wear.. while the first picture is a full figured cup.

i only recently figured all that out.. and it DOES make a huge difference. im finally happy to say i get to feel like a woman and wear a cute bra for once! before weightloss i was wearing sports bras and other bras that were very similar to training bras as in made me flat as a freakin pancake because i couldnt fill out B cups.. because they were FULL b cups.. i can perfectly fit in a 38B demi cup now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_brassiere_designs
  • rabbiter
    rabbiter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    One of the problems with bras is that they don't fit everyone the same, just because you have the same size bra as someone else, you could have entirely different shaped breasts and body.

I've had bras with exactly the same problem as you, it's usually when they don't fit. If I were you I'd actually measure myself, http://www.investinyourchest.co.uk/diy-measure-yourself-at-home this gives a good guide. Then go to a department store and try lots of different styles until they fit perfectly!

And if you're looking for a sports bra, I swear by the Panache Sports bra - I own quite a few!!

Good luck - life is far more comfortable in the right bra :D
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I got tired of underwires stabbing me in the armpit, so I don't buy those types of bras. Sadly, they seem to be the only type of bra available in the name brand (re: quality) bras. I buy El Cheapo, 40" band, fits ABC cups, one size fits most from Pipers.

I learned a few years ago that if underwires are stabbing you like that, your bust/chest probably isn't built to wear them. For me, my boobs aren't big enough ratio-wise for underwires to do their support job, or whatever the hell they're supposed to do. I guess they're there for support.