are bra's always this annoying ladies?

Options

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem but I have ordered off of Amazon and have gotten really good comfee bra's, you may want to check them out! :D
    comfy and likely not as expensive! i've avoided ordering online simply because i'm not 100 percent sure my size haha. i do measure but i dont know if i'm measuring properly because it goes up and down a bunch haha

I'm no expert and was wearing the wrong size for the longest myself but, it sounds like you've got the wrong size if the cup is uncomfortably up into your armpit area.

I had the opposite problem, not enough coverage & was experiencing a great deal of spillage. Turned out that all I needed was a larger band size, had nothing to do with cup size. I only found that out by going to the store and trying on a bazillion bras.

After I measured of course so I had a starting point....then there were the different styles....I think what you want is something that is *not* full coverage but not sure if you'll be able to find that if you need a fairly large cup :ohwell:
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    You women have got to stop talking about boobs, and bras, and . . . well, just stop it. :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have never been as big as some women. My biggest size was a 40D. But I can relate to that situation. I had the same kind of bras with the wire in the side that went up to my armpit....the material was nice but that wire was a killer.

I just bought 2 Body By Victoria wireless bras from VC....absolutely love them! Very comfortable and very supporting
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I'm bigger breasted too but you can find better styles than what you've shown. I have some very comfy ones that are not that high on the sides.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret. That is all.

Their sizes aren't big enough for me.
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I see you are a Canadian, like me! I love the Contour bras from Addition Elle. I don't get the issues with the digging and they make my breasts look fabulous!! Online, they only go to a 44, but I am almost certain they go bigger in store. Yes, they are pricey, but they are worth it, in my opinion! Watch for sales... sometimes they go on for $29.99.

Here is an example:

http://www.additionelle.com/shiny-contour-bra/720161,default,pd.html?dwvar_720161_color=multi dots&start=4&cgid=AE-Lingerie

Good luck!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I just hate it when I get stabbed by the inevitable underwire that wont stay under. Otherwise I don't mind bras they keep the girls from going wild.
  • karylee46
    karylee46 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love Victoria secrets.. I like the bras there.. they are great quality and last a very long time (they should for the money! ). but also they have girls that are good at what they do and fit you.. and you can try on dozens of different ones.. plus.. they write it down for you on a card.. so next time if you want the same one.. you just hand them the card and they get them for you.. nice.. ;)
  • hookilau
    Options
    You women have got to stop talking about boobs, and bras, and . . . well, just stop it. :)

:laugh: :laugh:

The profile pic + comment = HILarious!!!:laugh:

annnd tough noogies! :smokin: :smokin:
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I am finally starting to understand why there are so many bra threads on MFP... just measured myself again, and going by the correct measurements, I would be a 32-G :noway: I am not looking forward to going online to buy them, but all of my old 34's are swimming on me around the band. I hate always having weird bra sizes, but now I cant find any stores around here that sell ANY that size, let alone worrying about what they feel like. I know I have to find something that actually supports me though, cause right now I feel like I might as well not even wear one half the time :sad: :cry:
  • hookilau
    Options
    I love Victoria secrets.. I like the bras there.. they are great quality and last a very long time (they should for the money! ). but also they have girls that are good at what they do and fit you.. and you can try on dozens of different ones.. plus.. they write it down for you on a card.. so next time if you want the same one.. you just hand them the card and they get them for you.. nice.. ;)

I've heard they only carry up to a certain size in the store though but will order larger sizes special for you. I've heard from other girls who need larger sizes who say they're SOL when it comes to V.S. :ohwell:
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Penningtons or Additional Elle? Their bras are cute!
    yep, the only bra's i have right now are penningtons ):
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I got some bras from Additionelle on the last trip to visit my family. While I like them, and they do fit, they're not as supportive as I'd like. I'm presently wearing 44DDD, though not in all brands. I also have a couple of Goddess brands that I love.

None of them have high reaching underwires, or even really high sides.

My thought is if the underwires are poking you, there's something amiss in the size you're wearing.

Edited because 44 somehow came out as 46
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I second www.herroom.com . They have a questionnaire here: http://www.herroom.com/know-your-breasts/Questions.aspx where you can pick out which characteristics most closely match you & they will give you bra suggestions. I like the calculator at http://www.sophisticatedpair.com/bracalculator.htm to give a pretty accurate size. They also have a good number of bras on sale at any given time & I've never had a problem returning a bra there.

Victoria's Secret does not carry larger band sizes or larger cup sizes. Do not go to Victoria's Secret for bras. Their measuring system is flawed & will give you a bra that does not fit you correctly.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I'm A 36DDD,..and as I'm losing weight the band is now on the tightest hook(yay!)...but finding a 34DDD UGH,,however Fruit of the Loom,makes a Very comfy bra,not to ugly...plain cotton/stretchy,and soft!,.(affordable as well!).not that itchy nylon junk...and no high wire by armpit!!~.happy shopping!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options

Current bra type (Look how high the underwire would go, right under your armpit!!
    Glamorise1200BlackExtraLarge.jpg

Is that a bra, or are you expecting an assassination attempt? (Hah, a little Bill Murray in Meatballs humor)

I found a brand that I love that's not too expensive and offers lots of styles and consistent sizing: Vanity Fair. I don't like bras with the seam right across the middle or that make my boobs look like torpedos, and not too low-cut or there will be spillage. Since VF is consistent in sizing I can buy online and get great deals. I haven't had a stabber ever that I can remember, but have with other brands.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I lost from size 44ii to current 38/40DD .. I mostly buy
    Olga's .. which initially I thought wouldn't work but
    no wire stabbing with them. Sorry I don't have
    experience yet elsewhere.
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Sounds like you possibly might need a different size. Maidenform pressure free bras have a reallly soft underwire. It literally feels like your breasts are in a cloud.

29dde1l.jpg
  • Shananigans_
    Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    freya are the only bras I wear now, super sexy too
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I wear what ever is comfortable. But since losing weight...I was a C and am now probably an A. :/
    I've lost inches too as well.