What do u eat to curb your hunger after dinner?

Options
13»

Replies

• 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Mcemino2: wow, baby carrots dipped in mustard! Interesting! I do baby carrots with hummus. I might give your idea a try, thanks.
  • sarlizmurphy
    sarlizmurphy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I try to just stick to tea after dinner
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Go to bed.
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My goal is not to eat after dinner as I generally don’t have calories left. I chew sugar free gum most nights and that helps me.
    Sometimes I’ll have 4 sugar free popsicles, which is only 60 calories.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Double check my calories. If I'm still hungry, my calculations are off. Add-ons would be chicken or quickly sauteed beef.
  • superman4880
    superman4880 Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Dark chocolate miniatures
    I eat a few of them.
    I also eat 6 to 7 meals a day. Portion control. I only eat till I’m full not stuffed.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Protein shake or fluff
  • mimimunchery
    mimimunchery Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am naturally a big after-dinner snacker - I could easily polish off 3 ice cream bars or a BIG bowl of sugary cereal.

Trying super hard to not snack now. I’ve been eating big dinners pretty late (mostly because my husband gets home really late and he often cooks). Then I just go to bed. Or I might have a Coke Zero or berries. Berries have been helping a lot with my snacking/sweet tooth
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Mixed nuts or oven-baked/roasted spiced or herbed garbanzo.
  • rosie5456
    rosie5456 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love those melt-in-your mouth peppermints. It only takes one to cancel my cravings after dinner....
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Mix fruit cup
  • sharon8271
    sharon8271 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I usually have an apple with almond butter after dinner. Then tea before bed.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I enjoying have a piece of dark chocolate (90%), it helps kill my sweet tooth. But If I end up getting hungry before bed, I make a protein shake. :)
  • Kitsgirl2
    Kitsgirl2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I try to leave 100 to 130 calories for a snack at night. I try to make it something that combines a protein and carb so it doesn't spike blood sugar and want something more than the snack. Sometimes its grapes and cheese or couple of crackers and cheese. Soy chocolate pudding (yum), rice cake and hummus or peanut butter. Try to have a tea too as I find something warm seems to fill me up or curb cravings. And once I've had my snack, that's it for the night.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    My12thour wrote: »
    I buy these yummy pickets of marinated, ready to eat tuna! They are only about 80 calorie per pouch, 0-2 grams of fat and about 16 grams of protein...and they come in everthing from teriyaki to ranch flavor...SO YUMMY!

I like those too but they are soooo high in sodium. Every time I have a pouch, I am guaranteed seeing the scale go up because of water retention. They are especially good mixed with 1/4 smashed avocado and spread on a toasted English muffin.