Things people do that annoy you. In general. And how you are annoying.

Options

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    As far as "dieting" it drives me crazy that people still refer to it like that and that they cut out entire food groups or starve themselves. I have so many family members who do this and it drives me bonkers. It is so hard to keep my mouth shut.
    Also, when people are always late...really annoying. My time is valuable too, but to them it isn't.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    rjjuosn065m2.jpeg
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I find it ironic that the things that usually irritate me in others are merely my own reflection. I find most of the time, I hold others to a standard that I subconsciously impose upon myself.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am a planner and organizer and really intense and hyper. All of those qualities are very annoying to many (most)people! haha

Thus, it annoys me when other people are disorganized, overly laid back, fly-by-the-seat-of-their pants and/or lazy.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    ciydxg2ff0g9.gif
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I laugh too loud and too often.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I have a bad habit of finishing peoples sentences. It's so rude really.
    I try to be conscious of this and shut up and let people speak their words.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed when people exaggerate (lie), but I say things like "this page is taking 100 years to load"
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I have a bad habit of finishing peoples sentences. It's so rude really.
    I try to be conscious of this and shut up and let people speak their words.

I do this. I’m in a constant state of empathy with people I’m talking with, so if they’re relating something to me I’m instantly searching my mind for similar circumstances that I’ve faced. Then if they start struggling to find a word, I’m quick to provide one...and yeah, I really struggle to get better at that.
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    The list of how I annoy people is probably super huge.

I love to talk because I love conversation...except for small talk. Words mean things. So in conversation, I probably switch hot to cold super quick—tell me something you’re passionate about and I’m all ears, but start making idle chat about the weather and I’ll drift.

I’ll be all about social activity until I’m not...and then I’ll run away to retreat. I can be cold about it, too. When logic takes over, I’m sure I’m not very fun to be around.

I run away from things. Like, once I leave I’ll cut something or someone off and just be done forever. I have been told that this can be very annoying and frustrating.

I guess the last major one (that I can think of right now) is that I overthink things; even knowing this, if I feel like I’m bothering someone I’ll just stop talking to them.

Oh, and I genuinely try to not be annoyed by stuff folks are doing. I know I fail, but I try to let all that stuff go
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    You ever drive by a huge corporate building late at night on a weekend and all the lights are on? That is ridiculous. Turn your *kitten* sign off, MetLife.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    People who chew with their mouth open.. I don't want to see your half chewed food :/
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,659 Member
    Options
    People who ask if I'm Australian when I'm clearly not
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll play because I am procrastinating.

Indirect people who don't say what they mean really grind my gears :angry: I am a believer in just saying things. If I miss you, I'll tell you. If you piss me off, I'll tell you. I want others to do the same, which I know is an unrealistic expectation.

I also find myself growing less tolerant of other people's drama or stupidity, but I guess that just happens to everyone as they get older.

Ways that I am annoying? I am really impatient. I inherit this from my father, who is the most impatient man on this planet. Sometimes this leads me to shoot myself in the foot, metaphorically speaking. I am working on it.
  • Goat_life
    Goat_life Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I’m at the gym and there are two of the exact same machines next to each other but someone wants to use mine. I use dumbbells between sets on some of the machines. If I run to get a drink of water or use the bathroom both things very quickly I put the dumbbells in front of the machine I’m using. Clearly indicating it is in use. Why else would there be two dumbbells right in front of it? Right next to the machine is one that is not occupied and has no other items near or on it. There’s always some douche that goes to use the one with the dumbbells in front of it! Why!? Damn noobs at the gym grind my gears.
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    Goat_life wrote: »
    When I’m at the gym and there are two of the exact same machines next to each other but someone wants to use mine. I use dumbbells between sets on some of the machines. If I run to get a drink of water or use the bathroom both things very quickly I put the dumbbells in front of the machine I’m using. Clearly indicating it is in use. Why else would there be two dumbbells right in front of it? Right next to the machine is one that is not occupied and has no other items near or on it. There’s always some douche that goes to use the one with the dumbbells in front of it! Why!? Damn noobs at the gym grind my gears.

just pee on machine to mark it as yours

This actually works for a *lot* of different things, not just exercise machines
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Goat_life wrote: »

just pee on machine to mark it as yours

This actually works for a *lot* of different things, not just exercise machines

And you told me you thought I got stung by a jellyfish.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    I find it extremely annoying when middle aged people constantly talk about high school sports. Like real life al bundy’s. Or things they did in high school, parties they went to, etc. it’s like, dude, your old enough to be a grandpa. We aren’t impressed that you used to drive out to the country and drink in a field back in high school.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    I am annoying because I will forward you memes.