Shopping burns calories, right?!

Options
2»

Replies

• JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I purposefully turn shopping into a mini-workout! If I want something from a store in the mall I make myself do 1 full lap of walking around the mall before I am allowed to do any shopping. It usually gets me about 3,500 steps. I am one of those "mall walkers" and I embrace it :D

Several times this Winter I have taken my daughter (3.5 yrs old) to the mall, for the sole purpose of walking around. It's nice to get out, or walk somewhere besides the treadmill and window shopping is always fun, plus she loves going for a stroll around lounging in her stroller.. and of course we have to stop at Auntie Anne's and get a pretzel :)
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    ok7ahe5gjy2o.jpg
    I purposefully turn shopping into a mini-workout! If I want something from a store in the mall I make myself do 1 full lap of walking around the mall before I am allowed to do any shopping. It usually gets me about 3,500 steps. I am one of those "mall walkers" and I embrace it :D

I effin' love mall walking. I like looking at all the people and things while I walk. All the overheard conversations and interesting fashion. My mall is not very big so one lap would probably only net me like 1,200. xD

I haven’t been to the mall in ages! But when I do go, I want to eat all the foodz! Wetzels pretzels, Cinnabon, Mrs. Fields, Orange Julius, Dippin Dots, and anything else that looks yummy :p definitely going over my calories then!