Shopping burns calories, right?!

Options
og3uqohkhbu6.jpeg

Technically I don’t “need” any new running tops... but they bring me so much joy! :) I did get everything at clearance prices and shopping burns calories, right?! ;) What exercise wear or gear have you purchased lately just for the joy of it?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I get tanks, shorts, leggings, and sport bras from old Navy when 50% off. I wish my running shoes were available half off!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    A new saddle for my bike - I hired a bike when I was away on holiday and the saddle was more comfortable than the ones I had on my own bikes.

As it was internet shopping not much of a burn!
    But not being sore is a real joy and it's enabling me to cycle further and longer, almost 1,200 miles and 70 hours so far his year.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i actually need some more leggings and a new pair of running shoes.. i'm very excited!
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Super Cute! I love getting new running gear. I just got new shoes the other day, Altra Escalantes. Love 'em, but a slight adjustment running in them, with the zero drop.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    My daughter runs races cuz she likes the shirts she gets for completing the races. Some can end up being very expensive (marathons) some, from certain 5k’s, can be a great buy! She loves shopping for shorts and leggings (yesterday is the first time she ran in shorts this year) it got up to 60 degrees for the first time since last October.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    My daughter runs races cuz she likes the shirts she gets for completing the races. Some can end up being very expensive (marathons) some, from certain 5k’s, can be a great buy! She loves shopping for shorts and leggings (yesterday is the first time she ran in shorts this year) it got up to 60 degrees for the first time since last October.

5k shirts are my favorite sleeping shirts, lol. They soften up so nicely and usually the designs fade out in a nice way too so they're cute. I don't know about other areas, but the 5ks in my area don't cheap out, haha, but the shirts and the experiences are worth it.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    mabearof6 wrote: »
    Super Cute! I love getting new running gear. I just got new shoes the other day, Altra Escalantes. Love 'em, but a slight adjustment running in them, with the zero drop.

Zero drop definitely requires a slow and gradual transition, take care of your Achilles’ tendons, in my experience the calves get a major workout with zero drop and the muscles can get stronger faster than the tendons can adapt to and cause an imbalance that can stress the Achilles. I’ve had some on-and-off issues with my left Achilles’ tendon (the right is fine) but have been able to keep it under control for the most part, and remember that the foam roller is your friend :) happy running!
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    mabearof6 wrote: »

Zero drop definitely requires a slow and gradual transition, take care of your Achilles’ tendons, in my experience the calves get a major workout with zero drop and the muscles can get stronger faster than the tendons can adapt to and cause an imbalance that can stress the Achilles. I’ve had some on-and-off issues with my left Achilles’ tendon (the right is fine) but have been able to keep it under control for the most part, and remember that the foam roller is your friend :) happy running!

Thanks for the advice..
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    A new saddle for my bike - I hired a bike when I was away on holiday and the saddle was more comfortable than the ones I had on my own bikes.

As it was internet shopping not much of a burn!
    But not being sore is a real joy and it's enabling me to cycle further and longer, almost 1,200 miles and 70 hours so far his year.

I need to find a more comfy seat for my bike, I don’t ride much in large part because I find the seat so uncomfortable :# but last year I dusted off the old bike and found some nice places to ride and I’d like to try it again this year. I’ll never do anything near 1,200 miles though, that is impressive!!! :o
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    So even though I am Jewish I gave up shopping for lent, but I found a brand new pair of Lorna Jane leggings for a steal on PoshMark so I bought them. Lorna Jane leggings are the ONLY workout pants I will wear and they are usually stupid expensive so I always get them on sale or clearance or when I see a great deal.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    @monkeefan1974 Were you the one who created the new exercise? Something about hills, mud and bottoms? LOl, don't you need to buy jeans too, or body armor? :p:D

Sorry if that wasn't you :) My memory is shot.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I purposefully turn shopping into a mini-workout! If I want something from a store in the mall I make myself do 1 full lap of walking around the mall before I am allowed to do any shopping. It usually gets me about 3,500 steps. I am one of those "mall walkers" and I embrace it :D

I effin' love mall walking. I like looking at all the people and things while I walk. All the overheard conversations and interesting fashion. My mall is not very big so one lap would probably only net me like 1,200. xD
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    ok7ahe5gjy2o.jpg
    I purposefully turn shopping into a mini-workout! If I want something from a store in the mall I make myself do 1 full lap of walking around the mall before I am allowed to do any shopping. It usually gets me about 3,500 steps. I am one of those "mall walkers" and I embrace it :D

I effin' love mall walking. I like looking at all the people and things while I walk. All the overheard conversations and interesting fashion. My mall is not very big so one lap would probably only net me like 1,200. xD

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Man I love shopping Marshall's and TJ Maxx for workout gear. New Balance sports bras, 90 Degree leggings, Marika tops - my favourites.
  • RunsWithBees
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    @monkeefan1974 Were you the one who created the new exercise? Something about hills, mud and bottoms? LOl, don't you need to buy jeans too, or body armor? :p:D

Sorry if that wasn't you :) My memory is shot.

Yup :p that was me! Luckily the mud washed out of my clothes after 2 washes! I’m happy you remembered my story :D you have a great memory!
  • RunsWithBees
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Man I love shopping Marshall's and TJ Maxx for workout gear. New Balance sports bras, 90 Degree leggings, Marika tops - my favourites.

Those are my favorite places to shop too!!! It’s like treasure hunting! you never know what gems you are gonna find! :smiley:
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    aes1219 wrote: »

My son was born in December and it was so cold here so I started baby wearing and walking at the mall with him just for exercise! Now the weather is finally getting better and we have been going outside for hikes.

My son is all grown up now but he was born in January and this reminded me of my baby-wearing days, thanks! :smile:
  • julesdechaine
    julesdechaine Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My sister works for Nike so when we went up to Portland in January my boyfriend and I went a little crazy. Mostly on shoes, but it brought us a lot of joy!!

But yeah, shopping absolutely counts as a calorie burning activity!!!